Moving... Yeah!!!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Moving... Yeah!!!

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:41 am

Well, that's it. Yesterday we moved all of our stuff into the new place. All we have left to do is clean the old place, pick up our cheque for the sale, and we're done. I'm now living downtown, with a greenspace, pool, and saunas. Of course, I'm still sharing those amenities, but I think that it's cool that I have them.

Now, I am going to have to put up sheilds (It feels like they've never had anybody even nearby who could put up sheilds). So that and blessing, and clearing negativity will be my first step. I put up a few small rudimentary sheilds last night, but they won't hold long against the overwelming... "people" feel of downtown.

I couldn't sleep last night with that many unshielded people in the nearby area. Which is why I put up at least rudimentary sheilds. That will be my main job this long weekend, aside from unpacking.

Any ideas on what else I should do to keep the thoughts of so many away from my emanation sensitive self. I've always been empathic, but I thought I'd cured myself of the "too many minds & emotions" syndrome. This year, it's come back with a vengence.

Thanks for the ideas... Oh, and any ideas on a good house welcoming ritual or just what you guys do when you move into a new place would be cool too.

I'm so happy. Debt-free and finally FREE again, to move wherever I want, not tied down to a mortgage anymore! =D> =D> =D>
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:23 am

Although I have moved like.... 11 times in my life, I really don't have much to offer in the way of rituals, because none of the moves have happened since I've been pagan (which seems odd, now that I think about it...)

However, I can offer you some practical, non-pagan advice. The first bit of advice is to make sure you unpack everything you want to unpack (which may or may not be everything, depending on how much space you have or whatnot) right away. I don't know how many times I have moved out of a house and still had half my junk in boxes.

Another thing I always do when I move is to make sure my room doesn't resemble in any way my old room. That is, I make sure how the furniture and decorations are layed out is vastly different. This way I don't find myself comparing the new house to the old one, because when I do that, it always results in me either thinking how inferior this new place is, or thinking of all the bad things that happened in the last house, which adds for alot of unneeded negativity. I'm not saying that this makes sense, or that you should do the same. I'm simply saying its something that I do.

So, maybe I'm not that much of a help. You really should heed my warning about unpacking though. If you don't get it done right away it likely will never get done.

And.... congratulations on the new place!
Hey look... I got a new icon....

So what if its Sailor Moon again? *shifty eyes*

high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

moving?

Post by high-tech redneck » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:21 am

i have been moving all my life . i was raised in the air force . then i joined the navy. i kinda like being tied down somewhere.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:03 pm

Sounds great!!

Long-term "curing" for over-empathy is to really work on strengthening your entire energy field, and the ketheric layer (outer layer - like a golden egg). Practice feeling this egg around you, and then take it to the streets. For strengthening, what can I prescribe other than meditation? :lol: Going through the chakras and imagining then brilliantly clear, clean, healthy, and strong.

When you come home, it helps to have a nice bath or shower. If you have a bath, put a handful of epsom salts in.

House-clearing... SMUDGING!!! Maybe burn a little lavender with the sage, especially in the bedroom, to welcome friendly, soothing energies in.

Other than that I can't think of any right now
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:57 pm

Congradulations Kitsune!!! I'm happy to hear you're doing well!! =D>

As for new house stuff, I always make wreaths out of willow ores to put above all my doors and windows on the inside of the house as to help filter out negativity. When I feel the need I tie prayer ribbons to them sometimes. But you could use any type of tree you like, willow's just one of my favorites. ;) I also have a house blessing candle I use only for anointing the sills of windows and doors and do a good solid shielding while waiting for the wax to melt enough. It's just a large white piller frome Wal-Mart I've carved a small prayer and a few runes into, but it works wonders. I sprinkle salt in all the corners of all the rooms too. I know it sounds like a lot, but I'm kinda paranoid about this kinda stuff, too much is better than not enough. ;)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:12 am

Well, my Signifigant other helped me strengthen the minor sheilds I'd placed yesterday. The place has at least 2 entities. One was sort of irritated at not being able to simply walk through the area anymore, and the other was a dragon. I got the feeling that he's somehow the guardian of the area. Apparently he hasn't felt energy raised like that in quite a while and came over to see what was happening. Once he realized it was just shields, he didn't really care much. It was nice, I haven't had spirits just come and chat with me like that in quite a while.

And thank's for all the advice. Unfortunately I won't be able to continue the unpacking for a few more days. We still have to clean the old house, and although we're almost done (probally 2 more evenings, at the most), I won't have the time or energy to do unpacking until then. I will be buying incense and doing proper sheilds and blessings this weekend. It used to be a bad part of downtown, although with concerted police effort that has been changing... so anyways, yes lots of leftover emotions and such. I won't be completely comfortable there until I've had time to properly welcome ourselves in.

But still, I'm so happy! All I wanted 3 years ago when we bought the house was to stay there for 5 years or more... Then about a year ago, I was hit with wanderlust. Since then, all I've wanted to do is leave! And I suddenly realized that with a mortgage, you can't just up and leave, no matter much you may want to. I'm really glad to be on the move again.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:31 am

Sorry I'm a little late chiming in here - how did I miss this?

Anyhow - I can understand the empathy problem - have dealt with the same all my life and I agree - shielding is a great first line of defense.

A dragon guardian? How fantastic! I love dragons and am honored by having one who decided to be our house guardian.

As for the wanderlust - I must say that if we did not have the three cats as a concern, we probably would not mind still being "free" to move as we wish - but it can be difficult (and expensive) to find apartments that will let you have pets. Plus, honestly, even though we both get the wanderlust at times, we are much more home-bodies than anything else. We enjoy a good "walk about" every now and again, but we are always happy to come home.

Best of luck to you in your new place - it sounds really nice, lots of great amenities!
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:42 am

It's really nice, and I'm hoping that the guardian will let me get to know him better. I'm also going to be courting the fey in the greenspace. They can be very powerful protectors if you befriend them...

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:49 am

Wow!!

That is really neat!! I am getting excited. Maybe because of hearing about the dragon. (Did I mention I used to be OBSESSED with dragons, before I found out they were real, years ago?)

Keep us updated! I love hearing about this.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:53 am

I was always obsessed with them too. Them and Griffins. I love them. I will definately try to keep you updated on this. I must admit, I've spoken with dragons before, but I've never had one introduce himself as an Area Guardian before. It was rather cool. I'll let everyone know if I meet any fey in the area as well. This is why I love moving!