cleaning new stone

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

cleaning new stone

Post by high-tech redneck » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:58 am

i finally found a piece of amethyst that i like .is there any thing that should be done before using it for meditation or any thing else?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:43 pm

You're right on the mark: cleansing.

There are many ways. Some run under cool water. Some give it a salt bath, but that can wreck your nice little stone people.

What I do is I "blow in" white fire to burn and blow out all negative energies, and then hold it in my hands to sort of charge it. However, it is always best to ask the stone what they would prefer.

I can't keep track of who can meditate and who finds difficulty, so I'm going to assume you're okay with meditation. If not, try just asking and listening to your inner voice. But get into a meditative state and see the stone in front of you, or a being representing the stone (maybe the amethyst will be represented by a lady?) Start asking all your questions like "Is it okay to cleanse, what is your preferred method, can I charge you; how?" etc etc etc
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

meditation problems

Post by high-tech redneck » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:23 am

still trying to get the meditation thing down .if it is better to cleans the stone befor use then i will wait . i tried a candel last night sitting in front of it facing west (cause it is the direction i was born to ) staring into the flame trying to find some place inside or feel something . but still nothing just the sound of my own thoughts, prayers and wishes. but i will keep trying .

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:17 am

A Buddhist technique is to feel your breath.

sit in a comfortable position and simply pay attention to the cooling and warming sensations of your breath on your nose.

Most people who start out can only do this for about thirty seconds before their thoughts go somewhere else. And if you start timing how long you go, you will lose the benefits of meditating.

Don't push too hard, just let it happen.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:15 am

A nice natural way of cleansing stones (especially clear, coloured stones) for me is to put out a shallow bowl or what you would use for your chalice. Bless the water, and ask for cleansing (salt can be added if you wish, but as I think it was CHL said, it could ruin your stone), and then leave it out overnight during a full moon. In the morning dump out the water or you can use for other ritual things. I find that when the moon cleanses herself and things dedicated to her, no negativity is left in the water... or perhaps it's that leaving it in the grass as I do, grounds it as well as charging and cleansing.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

meditation

Post by high-tech redneck » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:14 am

right now i'am just working on relaxing . it's just so hard cause i want feel,hear or even see my path and guids. there is so much i want to know and learn. i can hardly contain myself. like i said i 'am working on and will just have to keep trying.