Rant Time!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Rant Time!

Post by morgana » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:36 pm

Ok, so at work today one of my co-workers caught a girl shoplifting. I didn't see any of it, I only saw the girl after the security guards came. She was wearing a HUGE pentagram around her neck. I was so pissed, and so embarrassed (most of my co-workers know I'm pagan). So I went up to the girl and said "Hey, you're pagan right? Well shouldn't you at least believe in the 3 fold law, or karma? Cuz if so, why are you stealing??" She just gave me this annoyed face and said "I'm not pagan ok?" I was then even more angry. Here's this girl wearing a pentagram just to look like she's a bad #@$ and getting caught shoplifting, making the rest of us ACTUAL pagans look bad!! I swear the thing was the size of a freaking dinner plate, I just wanted to rip the thing off her neck and throw it away.

On top of that, she wasn't even sorry that she stole. She just had this attitude of being inconvenienced by the fact that we caught her. Turns out she has a prior arrest record. I dunno, I just got so upset that this girl is out there ruining all the good work that the rest of us try to do to to prove we really are good people. Kinda like that child molesting "wiccan" on the other topic, though not nearly as bad. Anyway, that's my little rant for the day, enjoy!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Post by VoudunLady25 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:25 pm

That's horrible. I have a pentacle pendant that I wear from time to time, and believe me I would have NEVER have worn it if I weren't pagan. I bought like a month before I did my dedication ceremony and I didn't want to wear something that didnt' represent what I believed in.

Anyway, she'll get what's coming to her. I hate people who just wear religious symbols without knowing the meaning and do it for style (*cough cough * Lindsay Lohan and Kabbalah bracelets)

Have faith in the teenage pagan kind, morgana ^____^. Not all pentacle wearers are posers.
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

"Behind every great tyrant is God.."

Earth Daughter
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Earth Daughter » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:36 pm

That is pretty annoying, eh?
I'm also a teen and I have a pentacle which I made for myself, but I don't wear because people would think that I'm one of those people who are just trying to get attention. But I still value my pentacle and would never consider wearing something that lead people to believe that I believed in something I didn't really (hmmm... I wonder how many times I can use believe in a sentance)
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:49 am

Interesting, but try not to let it get to you too much. Its like gang members who where giant crosses and rappers who thank Jesus then write misogynist songs.

The nice thing is, it will come back on her. And I am impressed you called her on it. i don't think I would have had the nerve.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:44 am

I am impressed as well!! I mean, I'd like to have given her a piece of my mind, but who knows if I actually would.

I thought I had replied to this. Oh well.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:32 pm

Well it was that magical time of the month when our hormones force us to speak our minds, so she was just lucky that that was all I said! Normally I probably wouldn't have said anything either, but hormones sometimes take away the filter I normally have between what's in my head and what comes out of my mouth. :roll:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:21 pm

:lol: :lol:

The Boards have been taken over by ze Vimmen!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:15 am

Muhahahahaha.

I didn't get it until CHL pointed it out....Hormones, got it.

Anyway, ...
Sometimes losing the filter is okay, the filter can cause as much trouble as it prevents if it isn't used carefully.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:45 am

Filter???

#-o

Oh, Yeah, we're supposed to hold in our opinion aren't we? At least when it'll be rude to other people... #-o That's what I'm always forgetting.

Thanks for reminding me girls.

:lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Emylee
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Emylee » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Not to mention that that makes teens look bad too!

Some people... :roll:

She'll get what she deserves. Considering no one knows her situation maybe she wasn't in the wrong. It's always nice to give people the benefit of the doubt. =)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:04 pm

She stole a Hello Kitty change purse. I might justify it if it was food (perhaps she was starving and her parents didn't feed her), but no one is in the right when they are stealing something that trivial.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:12 pm

Good job, indeed.
I would have said something "magical time" or not. :-o :-D
Lately, I've been noticing people use the term pagan or wiccan as an excuse....almost kinda like the devil made me do it.

We really *do* have to call out these fakes.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.