A Non-Fiction Book by Crazy Healer Lady?

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

A Non-Fiction Book by Crazy Healer Lady?

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 26, 2006 10:13 pm

Something I have been seriously considering for quite some time now...

I love to write fiction. I have a "novel" over 700 pages that I am too chicken to try to publish.

But a wicked idea has come into mine thinker in the last half of a year... Non-fiction. About healing and Pagan spirituality.

I am young, but on various sites people keep coming to me privately for advice on these topics, and I feel like I have done a lot of good. It makes me realize that as much as I am still learning and growing and will always be, I have a lot of knowledge to share.

If I actually do this, it may take years to get up the courage or the knowledge. If it becomes my baby I may want to keep it safely locked up until someone gives me a big kick.

I do not want it to be all that junk you can find in Coles under Metaphysical, either.

So my question to all of you is this: What would you like to see in a non-fiction book related specifically to spiritual, energy, and herbal healing? Keep in mind that I think I will be putting in guided meditations, as if enough of these aren't available, but I have some really good ones. I want to put a lot in about Guides and Totems, working with transcendent healers, excersises to feel and see energy and for other purposes as well...

The more I think about this, the more excited I become. It seems almost a reality in the future. A lot of it will be guided, I think.

So are there any elements you would specifically like to see published? Any questions? Any advice/passing thoughts?

(Note: Whoever replies first will put in the 4450th post in the General Chat section!! Piece of useless info I noticed on my late-night ramblings...)
Last edited by Crazy Healer Lady on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 27, 2006 12:10 am

Well as for content, that's a trade secret. ;)

But, I do know that most publishers are wanting a draft copy of about 50.000 > 80,000 words. Then they will look at it.

Also, shop around for editors. I have had my draft back with so much altered, it looked like "On Wednesdays jesus goes shopping with Timmy, has buttered scones for tea", more than a description of the Norse way of life and religion.

If you remember the Yule celebration/ritual I posted here around.... well, Yule?

I had one publisher asking if I could not fit a couple of mentions of stables and wise men, and "baby jesus" to make it appeal to a greater audience!!! #-o

This was a publisher who has pleanty of Pagan/Wiccan books on his list as well. It's not like I had picked one with a phone book, blindfold and pin.

Na gut. Get writing lots, choose your editor carefully, and best of luck. :Luck: :Luck: :Luck: :Luck: :Luck: :Luck: :Luck: :Luck: :Luck:

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat May 27, 2006 2:57 am

Actually, an overview of the various methods of spiritual healing would be nice as one of the chapters.

Ya know?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Saenor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Saenor » Sat May 27, 2006 4:52 am

Well I'm just new here, but here it goes:

I think that the problem is with a lot of pagan books that it is very difficult. Here in Holland it never had any succes because they can be very hard to read. For myself that isn't a problem..but I think that it is always good to start very simple. Just get the readers attention and when they learned the basics etc. you can makeit harder and give a lot of information at a time, just because when they read the beginning they want to continue :-) (At least I geuss)

Good luck :-)
"Desire, ask, believe, receive."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat May 27, 2006 9:06 am

Thanks ^__^

I really don't want it to be for beginners, but I have no intention of giving out dangerous information as well. Fine line. O__o

I am planning a full review of the different alternative types of healing, focussing mostly (as bias goes) on Reiki, herbal, and other energetic healings, which all leads down to Shamanism, though I won't be that bold.

I have written a vague list of what I want including:
Guided meditations
Excersises to see and feel aura (because this isn't just a newbie topic)
Special practices for healing that I have learned through guidance (what I am allowed to share)
Energy healing and grounding
Crystals and stones for healing specifically based on my observations
Learning Guides and process of
Listening to Guides and possibly learning to channel (SAFETY big thing here)
My history
Nature of disease in relation to emotions, spiritual, mental, and lessons
Dreams in relation to healing
Info on different realms of healing
Energetic side of herbal healing
Rituals and practices such as smudge

Thanks all so far for your contribution!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat May 27, 2006 10:28 am

Wow, it sounds good, all I can offer are my editing skills as help.

could you have a little on other cultures that already use ideas of energy for healing?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat May 27, 2006 1:09 pm

Ah yes!!! Great idea!!!

I have added a few others: Physical health (just touching on the fact that as you need good spiritual health you also need to actually get off your arse and excersise and/or do yoga), and everything about chakras that you don't usually find in books, like how they will spontaneously start doing funky things all on their own accord which also relates to your overall health and development.

>__< I think I need some structure here... LOL
Crazy Healer Lady

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat May 27, 2006 5:29 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Thanks ^__^

I really don't want it to be for beginners, but I have no intention of giving out dangerous information as well. Fine line. O__o

I am planning a full review of the different alternative types of healing, focussing mostly (as bias goes) on Reiki, herbal, and other energetic healings, which all leads down to Shamanism, though I won't be that bold.

I have written a vague list of what I want including:
Guided meditations
Excersises to see and feel aura (because this isn't just a newbie topic)
Special practices for healing that I have learned through guidance (what I am allowed to share)
Energy healing and grounding
Crystals and stones for healing specifically based on my observations
Learning Guides and process of
Listening to Guides and possibly learning to channel (SAFETY big thing here)
My history
Nature of disease in relation to emotions, spiritual, mental, and lessons
Dreams in relation to healing
Info on different realms of healing
Energetic side of herbal healing
Rituals and practices such as smudge

Thanks all so far for your contribution!
I'd be interested in this especially if you included some guided meditations dealing with past lives. :-D What about stuff pin pointing things that needed healing left over from past lives?
Good luck since I've heard similar stories to Ragnar's about publishers. They will sometimes edit stuff before it goes to print without knowlege of the writer.

BB
Lotus :-D
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat May 27, 2006 7:38 pm

*scratches head*

Past-life has never actually been a strong point for me, but I shall put in what I know! Thanks for the suggestion, Lotus!
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun May 28, 2006 3:08 pm

you knoww hat always helps me with structure

*The nerd monster rears its ugly head*

Draw a flow chart, put down every possible idea you can think of for your book (in chapter or section format), then write one sentence on what the primary purpose of that chapter/section will be. Then print it and try to imagine it as a table of contents, the structure will just kind of "pop out" at you, it can always be changed as you write, but it makes writing a lot easier.

How do I know this? That is the exact stage I am at in this B*&^%$ of a paper I need to finish. :)

Hope that helps though.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun May 28, 2006 8:40 pm

I shall have to try it!!!

Thanks, Willow!!!

Wow, this thing might actually get beyond the list and into an outline and then a DRAFT!!!! And from there... You cannot stop me once it's flowing. Once I have a draft, not even God itself could stop me from rewriting and rewriting until my eyes turn blue!! (my eyes are actually blue)

It may take an outside source to kick my arse into gear to call the last rewrite the final copy and send it out for publishing, and one to my door for a cheap makeshift copyright ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon May 29, 2006 11:36 am

How can they turn blue, if they are already blue?

And it sounds like an excellent book. It'll be on my "To Buy" list. I have a few suggestions on stuff I'd like to hear about, but I'm currently at work, so I'll write in more on what I'd like to read about and my advice on your undertaking later tonight.

Great Job CHL! Tell it like it is in your book and you can't go wrong.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Mon May 29, 2006 2:39 pm

The real question is: How could they turn brown if they are Blue?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 30, 2006 8:36 am

Well, I go starry-eyed looking at my man... :roll:

Err... I can actually somewhat change the colour of my eyes... Other than the natural variations from light grey to dark blue depending on my mood... I can do very funky things, but it can hurt O__O
Crazy Healer Lady

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Tue May 30, 2006 2:23 pm

Mine can go greenish with my mood, other than that they're blue... but I have thought of getting some of those red contacts.