Just when you thought the law was going your way.

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

Just when you thought the law was going your way.

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 08, 2006 10:25 pm

O.K. As most of you know, I am going for my German citizenship soon.

Right, first off, you have to live here 8 years. (That's good. Up until 2000 it was 25 years).

Then they said if you have lived here for a year AND THEN are married to a German for two years. You can get the pass.

THEN they said, if you pass one of these wierd "Integrations Course" thingys, then you can have your pass after 7 years.

LAST WEEK, they decided that if you can show you are fully integrated, ie by being active in community affairs, a member of the voluntary fire brigade, or a German historical/cultural society, or registered club, then you can have the pass after six years.

SO, MY situation;

Passed the exam, so I can get the pass after 7. Lived here 7. :-D

Lived here 3 and married to a German 2 :-D

Member of 3 or 4 historical/cultural groups. Lived here 6.:-D

Sounds GREAT. Right?

Bollocks!

I have passed the exam. I have been here 7 in December. But "counting time", it is in February. The 18th, to be exact.

Lived here 3 married two? 2nd wedding anniverssary is February. The 18th, to be exact.

Historical groups and 6? The new law comes in...Any one wanna guess?

YEAH! your all DEAD right FEBRUARY THE BLOODY 18TH!!! #*~§%#*#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Tue May 09, 2006 1:51 am

Ah yes.
Germans are not generally known for their flexibility - and the public service is probably more ossified than the rest of them.

Just one question: Why this haste to become one of them? ;)

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 09, 2006 2:26 am

Rain ForestMoon wrote: Just one question: Why this haste to become one of them? ;)
1) I do not believe any one has a right to live in a country that refuses to accept that country to it's fullest potential. No matter which Contry I lived in. If I am happy there, I will give 100% to that country.

"Assimilation, NOT integration."

2) I am the only member of the family that was born out side of Germany or Scandinavia.

3) Since I first found U.K on the map, at the age of 4 years. I have hated the place.

4) U.K has no history worth it's name. Is nothing but a trouble maker in Europe, and I have NOTHING in common with the place. :-D

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue May 09, 2006 7:33 am

Germany is fricking cool too.

Call me what ever you will, but I havent heard of many historical sights in Germany from the medieval era or before. Any good ones?
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 09, 2006 9:21 am

Aw Ragnar. >__< What absolute insanity.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 09, 2006 11:54 am

Kelreth wrote:Call me what ever you will, but I havent heard of many historical sights in Germany from the medieval era or before. Any good ones?
Well there is Externsteine, which was a sacred sacrificial site to Donnar/Thor.
It is thought to be where the great Saxon Irmisul oak, and the sacred oak forest was, before the arch bishop of Bremen had them destroyed.

But Spandau here in Berlin is pretty historic. Nürnburg, and many places along the Rhein valley are still in pretty good shape from medeaval times.

Plenty of medeaval castles dotted around.

What you have to consider is that every army since Attila has used Germany as it's main area for staging battles. Also it suffered the mad building programmes that came with the industrial revolution, and the great "Wirtschaftswunder" of the 50's and 60's. Which was a second industrial revolution here.

There is TONs to see. You just have to know where to look.
Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Aw Ragnar. >__< What absolute insanity.
Sorry, you seem to have lost me. Or maybe it is just past my bed time. :lol:

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue May 09, 2006 12:29 pm

Sounds like February 18th is just supposed to be the day you get your papers, no questions asked. Just the way things go sometimes eh?

And aye, Germany's got lots of history. It's on the list of places I need to visit when I finally get the chance to get over to Europe.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Librarian » Tue May 09, 2006 6:00 pm

Kelreth wrote:Germany is fricking cool too.

Call me what ever you will, but I haven't heard of many historical sights in Germany from the medieval era or before. Any good ones?
You could try visiting my home town, Augsburg. Founded in 15 B.C.E.

http://www2.augsburg.de/

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 09, 2006 8:55 pm

Ragnar wrote: Sorry, you seem to have lost me. Or maybe it is just past my bed time.
The whole system sounds like it is insanity. So many changes. So much hassle.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 09, 2006 10:07 pm

CHL. Aye, sorry, I kind of didn't realise you were replying to my first post. Whilst answering Rain ForestMoon I had totaly forgotten about the origional point.

NOW, if you re-read my last post on UtM, you will know what I mean. #-o
davisherm wrote:
Sounds like February 18th is just supposed to be the day you get your papers, no questions asked. Just the way things go sometimes eh?
Well, thats the day I can apply. German beurocracy, "not one second before!"

You have to pay €250 and then they check al the papers you have given them. That can take a month, or two. Depending on how fast the Brits get their ass in action.

I know of two people who have gone through all this, the interviews and everything. Got a letter refusing them two weeks later. The reason? Because they had applied two days, in one case, and ONE day in the other, to early. :-?

Like they could not have told them that when they put the forms in.

Of course, the fact that you don't get the money back would be NOTHING to do with it. ..WOULD it? :-?

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Wed May 10, 2006 12:14 am

What is it they say?

"Ve hav vays to make you vait....."

Hope this will turn out well for you, though.

Blessings
RainForestMoon

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 10, 2006 11:07 am

Rain ForestMoon wrote:What is it they say?
"Ve hav vays to make you vait....."
They certainly do that. :-?

I believe I am right in saying that the waiting time in Australia is five years, or?

I seem to remember the same for the U.S and Canada.

I just do not get why, on the one hand they are complaining that they need more people, because soon every one allready here will be a pensioner. Yet on the other hand they put virtually impossible hurdles in the way.

The rule about not being allowed to take out citzenship unless you can support yourself and your family without resource to welfare.

Every week we hear on the news about Doctors, police and even lawyers, who are entitled to welfare (help with rent payment etc), because they are not earning enough.

THAT would stop them getting their pass. In fact the thing that brought it to my attention was exactly such a story of a doctor from Poland.

NOW, tell me what job they expect an immigrant to have that pays more than a doctor?

Aha, so don't claim.

Doesn't work. Because THEN they say you have not got enough income to live. Therefore, no pass.

Impossible hurdles. As I said.

That actualy brings another thing to mind.

If the welfare is supposed to be set at "The minimum existence level", and doctors, on their pay, are still entitled to some. Then why is the welfare level not above that of a doctors earnings? :-?

A is true, B is true, so C (Ie welfare is too low) MUST be true.

Pure logic. Probably confuses the poor dears.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 10, 2006 12:42 pm

I do hope it goes all right for you.

I just had to pass down my second opportunity to go to Germany because I am poor, there is a tour run by a theology professor of mine to follow the life of a theologian named Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and my Prof has been trying to get me to go for three years now.

Some day...I will make it over and see what all the fuss is about.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Wed May 10, 2006 2:49 pm

Ragnar wrote:
I believe I am right in saying that the waiting time in Australia is five years, or?

To be honest, I have no idea. (I thought it was even less than that.)

But - before you can apply - you must first gain the status of "permanent resident", which these days is very hard to obtain.

"Permanent residency" gives you the right to work, the right to welfare payments, the entitlement to healthcare etc.
To become a "permanent resident" you either have to have a lot of money (be allowed in as a "business migrant"), have some special skills that are in short supply here, be part of a "family re-union scheme" or be a (approved) refugee.

Interestingly there is just now talk to have people sit for a "test" when they apply for citicenship, including language, culture, history, local customs etc......

I think public servants from all over the world are copying form each other, with the worst ideas the most likely to be copied.......

Blessings
RainForestMoon

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 10, 2006 9:32 pm

Rain ForestMoon wrote: Interestingly there is just now talk to have people sit for a "test" when they apply for citicenship, including language, culture, history, local customs etc......
I think public servants from all over the world are copying form each other, with the worst ideas the most likely to be copied.......
I think the idea of the tests is good. So long as they are set at a high enough level to be of any use.

Also, I think there should be an obligation to stay for so long after you have had one of the tests or you must pay for it yourself.

Out of the 15 Russians that were on the same course as me, paid for by the European Gopvernment, ten of them are now back in Russia. A short two months after the course finished.

The peasents from the East are using the system as a means of improving their job chances back home, rather than, then finding work here and "paying back" some of the money invested in them. :evil: