let me get this straight.

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
MuladHara
Level 1
Level 1

let me get this straight.

Post by MuladHara » Wed May 03, 2006 8:14 am

so if Ragnar decides to have a good, wholesome dissection of a post (mine) wherein he expresses his concerns and ideas regarding a vague theory of documentation, in the meantime insulting my nationality and personal views, a la "I am american" "yes, very". as if its an insulting thing, which I enjoy, as a self-deprecationist from way back, that's not starting a 'flame war' and thats fine with me.
But
I decide to defend my view by self deprecating humor, consistent silliness and sarcasm regarding flaming in general, and hopefully getting my point across to some extent in a painfully obvious humorous way...

and my post is edited and submited for review by the site-admins. because I'm apparently starting a flame war. with stupid jokes. and contradictory sentences.

ooooookayyy.

he can pick on me in a fun way I appreciate (it shows character) as especially some of his points are essentially valid from his viewpoint, I respond, in my own way, in a satirical vein, and I'm edited.

for expressing my ridiculous side, which in its own way is supposed to a very silly version of his style of inquiry.

and I'm edited.

riiiight.

you have fun with that whole 'freedom of expression' thing. you guys deal with this stuff like you're the Bush Administration.

but I love you anyway.

you know why? I'm a hippie-pagan-chaos-life worshipping edge-rider, and just roll that way.

at least I try not to curse on this site.

which reminds me-

f)@*129 #311!!!!
a point in MindSpace

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Wed May 03, 2006 8:26 am

You say that you're not starting a flame war, but you point quite a few fingers in that post. How is that going to accomplish your goal?

The mods have the right to edit posts if they believe they need to be, that's what makes them moderators. They keep things running smoothly, or somewhat, as the case may be. Just remember that tone of voice and mannerisms are lost when typing, especially on a forum.
Avatar is Feathers McGraw, from Wallace and Gromit's The Wrong Trousers... I love that movie :)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed May 03, 2006 9:14 am

Rockhopper wrote:Just remember that tone of voice and mannerisms are lost when typing, especially on a forum.
Which is exactly why the post in question was removed - the way it was written it was very difficult to tell if it was supposed to be funny at all, and in fact, seemed exactly the opposit.

As Rockhopper said, we reserve the right to edit posts which, in our view, will start "trouble" or which seem to be more insulting/name calling than actually humorous.

It can be very difficult to get a humorous tone to come across on the boards when folks can't see or hear you. Ragnar is pretty darn good at making it clear that he is injecting humor with what he says, you, however, were not clear on that at all, nor could I figure out any way to edit your post to make it appear that way.

If you have issues with our policies, you should take them up in PMs, not on the boards, as I did intitially with you.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Ragnar

Re: let me get this straight.

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 03, 2006 9:50 am

MuladHara wrote:so if Ragnar decides to have a good, wholesome dissection of a post (mine) wherein he expresses his concerns and ideas regarding a vague theory of documentation, in the meantime insulting my nationality and personal views, a la "I am american" "yes, very". as if its an insulting thing,
Read it again the answer was "Yes...quite!", and was a reference as to your burning need to inform every one of such. Especially when it plainly states that in your profile, and, as far as I can tell was NOT relevant to the rest of the post.

If you have access to an ENGLISH English dictionary, you will find that, used in this manner, "quite" is a term of agreement with a statement.

NOW show me where THAT was insulting.

I once owned a mouse, by the way.

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Wed May 03, 2006 1:03 pm

and my post is edited and submited for review by the site-admins
actually, I stood up for your posts. I think they are ridiculous.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 03, 2006 10:48 pm

I would not have said the posts were ridiculous. Merely very ambiguous.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu May 04, 2006 2:39 am

Aye not ridiculous. Definitely ambiguous, and also very confusing to others.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Thu May 04, 2006 5:32 am

He called his post ridiculous, I was merely going with it, to poke sort of fun at it.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 04, 2006 6:21 am

Quite.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri May 05, 2006 1:08 pm

Here is the only thing that I am going to interject:
Just because you cannot understand something does not make it wrong.
Certain people do have a habit of attacking view points that they either do not understand or disagree with. This is true of the web and there are so many unique ideas out there and Mudlahara has different ideas. I respect everything she has ever written. She is quite knowledgeable on her chosen field of magick.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 05, 2006 9:36 pm

Lotus wrote: Certain people do have a habit of attacking view points that they either do not understand or disagree with.
And that was exactly the tone of the letter involved.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri May 05, 2006 10:24 pm

Lotus wrote:Here is the only thing that I am going to interject:
Just because you cannot understand something does not make it wrong.
No one ever said it was wrong. And I was saying that the first post in that particular topic was one that was not understood by all, and I am one of the people that did not understand it. Just because I don't understand it, does not mean I do not respect the idea behind it. That goes for many other people as well.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 05, 2006 10:47 pm

O.K. As we are not going to see this post. I think it is better to lock this topic.

Suffice to say, that the post, which you have not seen Lotus, could be VERY well missconstrued.

MuladHara has made their point. Has had time to answer. Now we are tilting at windmills.

IF WE COULD ALL REMEMBER THAT EMOTIONS DO NOT NECCESSARILY COME OVER IN OUR WRITTING.

THAT IS WHAT "EMOTICONS" ARE THERE TO HELP WITH. :-D

MuladHara, if you have any thing to add, contact one of us by PM, and we will listen to your point.