Goddess, I hate Karma Sometimes...

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Goddess, I hate Karma Sometimes...

Post by Kitsune » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:07 pm

Okay, so I take my Animal Speak book and a binder with some important pages in it (my gaming info. I play Dungeons & Dragons, and there is very little that is as important to me) to work with me this morning. I was running late, didn't take a breakfast, and stopped off at a 7-11 on the way to pick something up. I get a pop, some lunch, and head out for my Bus. Sometime just before getting on the bus, and getting to work, both books are gone. I have no idea where they are, if they got lost on the bus, if I forget them on the garbage lid when I grabbed my bus pas to get on the bus. I'm not sure if I'll get them back, or if somebody will see my art and character sheets and throw them out, keep the binder, and my new $30 book. It was less than a month old. I was still reading about bird totems.

Is my Totem angry that I haven't tried harder to find him? Is it simply a streak of bad luck? Will I get that oh so important call from the bus depot saying they found one or both items, which could take up to 5 days?!

I hate it when this happens. I didn't even realize that they were missing until after I was already at work. Was I just meant not to have this book or knowledge?

And to top it off, I call my Fiance looking for a bit of support. I don't get a call from him until lunch time since his cell died on him, and then when I want the support he talks to me for 5 minutes, and then says that he's going to let me go so he can't chat with his friends. I mean I realize this isn't end of the world or anything, but a little support would be nice.

I just hate loosing things. I feel like I've lost control of my environment, and that I've done something horribly neglectful.

Thanks for listening to his super long rant. I just hate Karma sometimes.

Well, here's hoping I get the all important call from the bus depot.

Please if anyone knows a "Bring back what's lost" spell, let me know. I need all the help I can get.

:help:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:18 pm

Perhaps it's not Karma, or that you've done anything to deserve this - perhaps it is a lesson of some other type? And, of course, it could also just be that you simply forgot the books - though it can be difficult in the heat of a situation to discern if something has a deeper meaning or not.

In any event, I too will be hoping that you get a call from the bus depot or that someone returns your books to you.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:05 am

I don't think EVERYTHING that happens is due to Karma.

There is a lot of truth in the saying: "s..t happens".
(Even the Dalai Lama is of that opinion - although his wording is somewhat more eloquent than mine....)

BTW Stormy: Love your new signature.

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:14 am

Rain ForestMoon wrote: BTW Stormy: Love your new signature.
Two years of latin in HS wasn't a total waste, even if I did opt to take a failing grade 2 months into year two so I could drop the class and take chorus instead - where my future husband was ;)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:49 am

Okay, so perhaps I went overboard bringing Karma into it...

:oops:

And as an update, I spoke with the bus driver from yesterday when I got on the bus today... and he said he found them, and that he had entered it into the lost & found. So I should get a call from the Bus Depot in the next 3-5 days telling me that my stuff is ready for me to pick up.

Thanks everybody for reading that rant. I guess I needn't have worried, but I really needed to release some stress.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:52 am

Oh, and Stormy, for those of us who don't speak Latin, what the heck does your signature say?

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:08 am

I'm a very forgetful person sometimes and if my head were not attached to my head I'd lose it. This does not mean anything at all. It is good that you found your things and that the bus driver was honest.
That is not how karma works by the way....but, I'm not going to get in that whole lecture.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 am

Kitsune wrote:Oh, and Stormy, for those of us who don't speak Latin, what the heck does your signature say?
It says, basically -
  • I will find a way or make one. :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:40 pm

Sorry I got to this so late!

I am glad that your books were found!!

Sometimes stuff like this just is what it is: Forgetfulness, bad luck, etc. Other times it can be a lesson. I don't think it is punishment in any way. These things often make you realize how badly you want to know something, how dedicated you really are, and maybe it was a lesson meaning, "Well, a book's fine and dandy, but the real work and learning is done personally."

I am very very VERY glad they found it, though!

Aye, and nice name, Stormy! :-D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Post by VoudunLady25 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:42 pm

I lose stuff all the time Kitsune. I lose my keys, my textbook..my shoes..
My parents get so pissed at me sometimes. They're all like "Why don't you start acting like a fourteen-year old and stop being so careless" Gah, at least I'm not the only one (I'm not saying you're careless, per se)

Its not always Karma, kitsune. Sometimes our mind is somewhere else and we lose stuff :-(

By the way, has ANYONE seen my keys lately? They're attached to a broken Niagara Falls keychain.... :-o
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

"Behind every great tyrant is God.."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:41 pm

I got my Books back yesterday. Everything intact too! Very happy.

The only reason I say it's Karma is because in my life,lesson/karma troubles always come in three's. Monday, I forgot my wallet at home, only realized when I got out to the bus and didn't have my bus pass. Tuesday, My keys (more important) are forgotten at home, and I couldn't go home to get them cause my guy had already left the house and I was too far to turn back. Then, my books, which contained my D&D character that I've been playing for months & my new outrageously expensive book go missing?

It's a lesson, if not karma per se!

On a side note about Superstitions and imparting essence where there may be none... Since me and my SO decided to embrace this path and actually hold the Solstice & Equinox festivals (about 3 years now), if we miss one, We know we're in trouble. The car dies within a week, bills come pouring in, and suddenly we're having fights with everyone in a two block radius. I would say coincidence, but since it only happens when we miss a Ritual...

Hey, anyone else have those sorts of superstitions? Things you've learned that may not be true for anyone else, but you live by the lesson because you know it works. I'd love to hear about a few of your guy's little rituals to keep the bad luck away!

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:32 pm

Lol, the way that bad things come looking for me is if I happen to say or write, or type that things are going really well for me. As soon as it comes out, something automatically happens to turn the good fortune around. So now I feel like I can never let it be known when things are going well for me for fear that they will turn around. Lol, silly huh?
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:57 pm

It's bad luck to be supersticious ;) :lol:

I find that when I believe something will happen, it will. When I believed Friday the 13 to be bad luck, I'd have terrible days. When I made myself believe it was good luck, I had great days. Same goes with the whole thing about bad things happening in threes. My latest group had to do with my car. Ripped the front off, dented it, and got a speeding ticket within a few months, and now my luck is back again.

I think we make our own luck. We control our universe, fully and completely, though we don't realize it most of the time.

That's my view ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:48 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: I think we make our own luck. We control our universe, fully and completely, though we don't realize it most of the time.

That's my view ^_^
Mine too - after all we are each a vital PART of the Universe, the Goddess, the God - a part of Unity - all we have to do is tap into that "source".

As Pagans, we can at least try to learn (or re-learn) to do that with an open mind. Unfortunately, many of us (myself included) still carry the luggage of Christian upbringings and will fall into the superstition trap (if you believe it, it will happen because, duh, you are making it happen, just like we make spells happen) or the guilt/blame trap (it's got to be my fault somehow, I was naughty and deserve this).

Both of those are hard traps to avoid - I am getting much better at it, but avoiding them is a discipline in and of itself ;)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 01, 2006 3:02 am

Treat it as a "book mark". WHAT was the last thing you read before the book was "lost"?

May be meditate on that. As Stormy said "It may be a lesson of another type".

Kitsune. I sympathise. We went off to Holland Thursday. 90 kilo of kit. Get back last night after 6 hours traveling, and find that both my Wife and I have forgotten our keys.

I got gout from eating a wondeful beef stew, made by Riemka, the camp cook.

Hence there was NO way I could walk to the Aunties house.
We had to ring her Aunt at midnight thirty, to bring the spare set of keys round.

Then, whilst unpacking I found I have left my book in Holland somewhere.
This book was last published in 1906. #-o THAT's gone for ever.

Na so. Your own example.