How can ANY one be so stupid? (RANT)

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

How can ANY one be so stupid? (RANT)

Post by Ragnar » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:33 pm

This weekend coming My Wife and I are going to Niederlands, for a re-enactment weekend. My last before I finaly burn the kilt, and go Prussian.

Big kilt burning party arranged, people coming from all over Holland and Germany. Two pubs within meters of the camp. HOLLAND down the road.
( ;) ). etc, etc.

This also happens to be the weekend when the Quarter changes. So our welfare department sends out forms to make sure that all is the same as it was, and you haven't found an extra couple of million you had forgotten about last time.

Now, Lisa put these forms in last week. O.K. We are waiting on tenter hooks, to see if they are processed on time.

I found out an hour ago that we got these bloody forms three weeks ago, and Lisa has left them lying under the bloody bed!! :smt092 :smt092 :smt092

So, Me with only a quarter tin of tobbacco left NOW. we are left going to Niederlands with less than 5 damn Euro between us. :smt093

It's not even enough to get a bottle of bloody beer on the F*#$**~ train.

THEN she turns around and sais "It's not MY fault" :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

WHO'S BLOODY FAULT WAS IT THEN?? I DIDN'T LEAVE THE BLOODY FORMS LAYING UNDER THE BED FOR THREE DAMN WEEKS BEFORE A BOTHERED MY ASS ABOUT THEM! :violent1: :smt097 :sign3: :cussing: :angry4: :angry5: :smt013 :smt044 :censored: :banghead:

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:20 am

Oh dear... us ladies do seem to find ways of sending blame any where else than to ourselves.... But to be fair.... 99.9% of the time it is someone elses fault. :-D
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:52 am

[-o< Here's hoping she kept enough cash under that bed with the forgotten forms to fund your trip.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:22 am

Well, luckily, we got the tickets last month. But we travel Thursday. We do not know if the money is in the bank until Friday.

If not, we can get there and home. But it is a long way to go with only €5 in your pocket. (More or less $5, and that is THE last cent we have until pay day). Especially when most people ther treat the three evenings as a never ending party!

Lisa is allways the same with paper work. Here in Germany, if you are married, only one claims for both people. Because I was working still when the claim was made, it is in Lisas name. She is the only one that can fill in the forms. Because of signatures, bank details, etc. But she has picked them up, half filled them out, put them down again, looked at them, "Manjana" etc. "It will do next week", "I will do them Monday", "I'll do them Thursday", etc.

Na. So, we WILL be there. We will just have to wait and see if the money is. :evil:

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:39 am

Oh can I empathize with you - but not because I am the one who doesn't do things when they should be done. Dear ol' hubby is NOTORIOUS for waiting until the last second or forgetting all together - that's why I AM THE ONE who does all the bills and handles all the money. It is very frustrating, so yes, I understand how you feel.

Here is hoping the cash is there in time. Gads, would be a shame to be there with no bloody pub money!!!
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:53 pm

The reason most stuff fell to Lisa here, was when I first came to Berlin, I stood NO chance of understanding "Government German". So now, Germany being true to cariacature, it is virtually impossible to get any thing changed.

E.g, they are STILL insisting as registering me as "Seaman", even though I have done plenty of other things, before, and since. #-o

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:13 am

I know what you mean...my SO waits til the last possible second to do things too. Oh, like his taxes where he ended up losing the w-2 forms needed to fill the freaking thing out.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 01, 2006 2:36 am

Well, we are pretty lucky here in that taxes are done automaticaly. "Pay as you earn", the scheme is called in U.K. So the only forms you fill in are when you think you can claim money back. Which, as you will apprieciate, is virtually no one.

"Self employed", is a problem. They have the same system of tax collection as the States. More forms than a cleptomaniac Prussian proffessional beurocrat on speed. #-o

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon May 01, 2006 5:57 am

Speaking of which Ragnar, How was the trip? Did the money get there in time?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 01, 2006 7:28 am

We managed to borrow sufficient from the Regiment. We will pay it back when the Government get their act together. Which should be this Wednesdy. May first being a holiday here.

But, eventualy the weekend was great.

We got a hail storm on Friday night, and a bit of rain on Saturday. But not enough to really complain about.

There were about 2,000 of us. 800 French and 1200 of the rest, 30 canon or so, and about 30 cavalry.

Bortange is allways a good place. We are in the fortress, where there are two pubs and a restraunt. Also a Napoleonic period market where you can buy fish, and other edible things. (AND beer!! :roll:)

It was good fun.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 02, 2006 11:51 am

Glad to hear the trip went well! :-D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 02, 2006 12:13 pm

Aye, thanks.

The trip back was a little heart stopping.

We got a lift from Bourtange to Braunschweig. About 4 hours. We HAD to catch the 22:00 train, because to buy tickets for a particular train is about €100 cheaper.

Well, the battle did not finish till 17:00. THEN our driver is one of these that moves like he is deep frozen when packing. We left at 18:00.

The driver is also attrociously bad. One of these that speeds up to over take. Comes to within a meter or two of the car in front, THEN looks in the mirror, and signals to pull into the next lane. :-?

Quite a few times he had to jump on the brakes when he found his lane was not free. Thank the God's for seat belts.

Any way we made it to the station with 15 miutes to spare. #-o

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue May 02, 2006 1:34 pm

Sometimes I have felt the same way about my SO, and I do things that drive him nuts, I am glad to hear everything worked out OK though.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)