Solar Totems

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:51 am

Can some kind person post the qualities for different elements. I have an affinity for water but that might not describe my personality.
Thanks in Advance!!!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:25 pm

Willow wrote:Can some kind person post the qualities for different elements. I have an affinity for water but that might not describe my personality.
Thanks in Advance!!!
I would like to add my name to that, if I may Willow.

I always thought I was water as well. But this thread has got me wondering.

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:37 pm

Well I found this if it helps,
FIRE: A chart that is strong in fire will be optimistic, energetic and, as the name implies, fiery. Pride and anger are fire traits, as is generosity.

EARTH: Earth charts tend to be just that – down to earth, no nonsense types. Practical and hardworking, solid and reliable, with plenty of common sense and patience.

AIR: A strong air chart will be above all else communicative. Air also confers logic and reasoning ability, together with objectivity and agility.

WATER: A chart that is strong in water will be dominated by emotions and sensitivity. Dreaminess and psychic abilities are also water traits.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:41 pm

I also found this as well. I hope they help you.

THE FOUR ELEMENTS (Environment): FIRE, WATER, AIR, AND EARTH

The Four Elements: Fire, Water, Air and Earth are based on temperament, as seen in a person's primary response to situation, relationship and most things in general.

Each sign is matched with one of the elements according to whether the primary response associated with that sign is basically to act (physical/Earth), to gain something (purposeful/Fire), to analyze (intellectual/Air), or to feel (emotion/Water).

FIRE: Active, masculine, spontaneous, quick, initiating, impulsive, vitalizing, energetic, and immediate.

The Fire Signs correspond with the spirit and the spiritual aspects of life. They inspire action, attract attention and love spontaneity.

Fire is an element with two purposes:

(1) It is an expression of spiritual energy and the determination of the spirit.

(2) It purifies, burns and destroys the old so that the new ones may emerge.

Fire is an element of transformation and regeneration. To pass through fire is symbolic of transcending the human condition. The direction or cardinal point of Fire is South.

FIRE SIGNS: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius

FIRE HOUSES: The First House, Fifth House, Ninth House

WATER: Passive, feminine, receptive, sustaining, subconscious, creative and generative.

The Water Signs correspond to the emotional side of our natures, as changeable, subtle, and able to infiltrate as water itself.

Water symbolizes the infinite realm of possibilities, which precedes all form and creation. It is limitless and immortal. The direction or cardinal point of Water is West.

WATER SIGNS: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces

WATER HOUSES: The Fourth House, Eighth House, Twelfth House

AIR: Active, masculine, intellectual, abstract, and communicative.

Air signs are all about the intellectual or mental side of life. Like air itself, they are light and elusive. They love conversation, communication, and mingling.

Air is related to the creative breath of life, speech, scent and smell. Air is a volatile element which is considered the offspring of the parental elements of Fire and Water.

It is the reconciler between the rival elements of fire (male) and water (female). Air also relates to the human intellect and thinking process, which are quick, changeable and abstract. The direction or cardinal point of Air is East.

AIR SIGNS: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius

AIR HOUSES: The Third House, Seventh House, Eleventh House

EARTH: Passive, feminine, materialization, physical, stable, slow-moving and grounded.

Earth is solid, practical, supportive, and reliable. It represents the physical, materialized universe in which we live. The Earth Signs are our physical envoys, and are concerned with our tangible needs, such as food, shelter, work and responsibilities.

Earth is the daughter of Fire and Water, just as Air is the Son. This element encompasses all activities of productivity, fertility, growth and regeneration. Earth is the practical, material approach to life. If a person has no planets in the Earth Signs, or Earth Houses, making money is not the first priority in his/her life.

Earth is the fourth element and the result of the combined actions of the other three elements. The direction or cardinal point of Earth is North.

EARTH SIGNS: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn

EARTH HOUSES: The Second House, Sixth House, Tenth House

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:08 pm

Very cool. Actually I was thinking about buying myself a book on elements as well. I thought I was completely fiery, but considering Ragnar's comment, and the fact that I can't ignore my "sensitive/feminism" side. I figure I'd look at the book and perhaps get a few objective perceptions. It's really very interesting.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:22 am

Well there a third chart you can check out in the library.
It's in the second reading room under reference works and it is called: Table of Elements.

You might want to go look there too since it also has some of the virtues and vices and other personality traits including some of there effects.
I might be weak and pathetic, lacking resolve and full of arrogance mistook for confidence. But am walking forward thus I can hold my head high.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:02 pm

My solar totem is the Red Hawk...4/18
Some parts are true on but I do not think that the energy is feminine. Most of it I knew already since it is similar to most Aries horoscopes.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:33 am

I did look at my totem thing and it was accurate with most things.
As i am a Sagittarius, i am a fire sign. It is completely fitting with the way i am... negative and positive aspects :lol:
It is very strange how these things can be so accurate..
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx