Solar Totems

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Solar Totems

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:47 pm

This is rather like Chinese Astrology where you are born in the year of the _____. It's actually very accurate! I'm surprised how well it fits everyone I know...

http://www.traditionalvisionpagan.org/s ... empg1.html

Enjoy!!

By the way, I am born Sept 27. :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:54 am

I can relate to this almost as much as the Chinese horoscope.....
(born 21-sept, year of the Snake)
/|\

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:39 am

neat neat, true for me, not so much for the SO, but interesting nonetheless

(October 15th)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:57 am

may 20th, close to me. never heard of solar totems before.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:02 am

never heard of solar totems before.
Neither had I, but this is a fun little thing that can potentially be used for serious work.

I've never been one to really believe in astrology, but lately astrology has been right, and I'm inclined to tip my hat. I'll tell you, though, if I could find and learn the science behind this, I'd be more apt to study and try to become professional. It seems easier for my mind to grasp when there are animals rather than "mythical" beings and planets and this and that...
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:39 am

That is spooky.

Almost exact on Lisa (05/11/ Rat), and me (10/10/ Rat).

Good link. Thanks.

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:34 am

Three cheers for the snow goose!! However it seems true to me on all points but 1 yet I was born on the 23 of December so i can relate quite well with the sign before me. If you where to place the two together you'd get me.

(except my element is way more earth then fire)
I might be weak and pathetic, lacking resolve and full of arrogance mistook for confidence. But am walking forward thus I can hold my head high.

Shield_Wulf
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shield_Wulf » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:34 pm

That pretty cool, thanks.
I am her to learn and am open to anything people have to say. For I know there are people that know more then I.

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:28 am

I like the Chinese prediction birth charts, it was right for me, when I had Connor and now me and my mate are placing bets on whether she is having a girl or a boy, I say girl, one I have a gut instinct and two the birth chart said so, she thinks she is having a boy.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:04 pm

Tagwen, I'm a snow goose too. Wasn't the element Earth though. I am a Fire personality all the way myself. :lol:

It seems to match for me and my Brown Bear guy. See CHL yet, another clue in the totem search... for Him at least.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:02 am

I'm a snow goose too, element earth.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:22 pm

Kitsune wrote: It seems to match for me and my Brown Bear guy. See CHL yet, another clue in the totem search... for Him at least.
Ahh but he already knows, now, doesn't he? ;)

To all: The elements don't really seem to be on the ball for anyone. It says I am air, but clearly I work with earth more than anything.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:19 pm

Elements are sort of twitchy things. Me, I used to think I was a water personality, but nowadays I'm certain it's fire. I get interested in something, and my passion can die down just as quick if what I thought was there isn't immediately forthcoming. But astrology for me has always been correct. I had a friend of mine do up my astrology chart. I am only 6 minutes away from being a Capricorn. Everything in my chart is in one quadrant, not even just half. :lol: And everything he said was correct. I tried learning it once, but it's an awful lot of math and remembering terms and correspondences... Stuff I'm just not good at :-? .

I still love it though. I love the wants for the snow goose. Something about wanting success, and (even more) to be recognized for my accomplishments. That's me all the way. Although I always considered it a feline quirk, rather than a snow goose quirk.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:43 am

To all: The elements don't really seem to be on the ball for anyone.
I think thats because it is to generalised. I am sure, like Lunar horoscopes, they can be more individualy refined.

This link is great, but it is trying to do to much.

Like the people that read their newspaper horoscope and think it's brilliant that they're going to win the lottery....Until they figure out the winnings, if the horoscope is true, have to be split amongst an entire 12th of the Earths population. They would probably end up having to pay postage on the notification.
Kitsune wrote:Me, I used to think I was a water personality, but nowadays I'm certain it's fire. I get interested in something, and my passion can die down just as quick if what I thought was there isn't immediately forthcoming.
Do not underestimate waters ability for that. Remember you haven't seen the ocean yet. It is exactly so. I CAN see your point about fire though. It is also very much the way I am.

If I am due to meet someone, for an event I have been looking foreward to for months, and they are ten minutes late. I walk away. No longer interested. If I have books or anything on order, one day late, I will send a very...polite (:roll:) post canceling the order. Even if the said article turns up an hour later, I refuse delivery. Part is "I would rather do without than deal with incompetents". But mostly is "I have just totaly lost interest".

THAT is what annoys me. The fact that if they had been on time, then I would still be interested years later. Due to their total and imbicilic incompetance, I have lost something that may have been of value personaly. It is as if they had stolen my sword.

And I don't ever think "I wish I hadn't done that" It was once described as a mild case of Nihilism. :-D

Also probably explains why I never learned the saxophone. :lol: :lol:

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:29 am

Ragnar that's very interesting. The way you described yourself it seemed to me that air is your second element. Since you burn and then take flight in a new direction fast, yet the way you describe it, it seems to still be fire.

But I always think fire goes well with air.

All I can say about me is that I always finish what I start, as much as I hate it. It would be important to say I hate starting things since I know am going to go through till the end and I hate making promises for the same reason.

I've finished books, video games, building (architectural drawings), instruments and theories over a year after I placed them on the side just when suddenly I think it's a good time to continue.

For me that's what being of the Earth element.
I might be weak and pathetic, lacking resolve and full of arrogance mistook for confidence. But am walking forward thus I can hold my head high.