Beginning Encounters...

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Beginning Encounters...

Post by Kitsune » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:24 am

Okay, perhaps my experiences aren't spooky, but all of my really weird stuff happened at the beginning. You all know that first 3 months when you try anything, don't realize you have any psychic strength, and usually cause weird stuff to happen.

I started hanging out with a girl, Crystal, who's family was on the Circle Path, apparently a branch off from Wicca. I also started hanging out with this girl Kari, while a very talented actress, only mediocre at energy manipulation. So I got into this "Magic" thing, and saw the parlor tricks that they were doing. They were doing the basics, find out what happened in past lives mostly. I noticed that it only worked when Kari was the one "hypnotized" into remembering. I got a little jealous at the attention she was getting, especially since when they attempted to put me under to find past lives, I couldn't be hypnotized. So I mentioned that I knew a way to summon the dead. I thought they all would have heard of how to do it, and that they'll say something akin to "Oh, we did that before you got here, sorry". I was relieved when they said, "So show me". I shouldn't have been so relieved.

It was something I'd either read in a book, or seen in a movie, where you have one person lie down in a bed and everyone else talks about the person as if they were already dead. I lead the ritual, and even put in a few extra protections, things like (because when you're new to it, you think this is all you need) "remember, as this entity possesses you, you are in control, and can make it leave you whenever you wish".

Anyways, I actually got something. Not sure if it was male or female, but I know that after it had come into the room and started speaking the room got very cold in the middle of a very humid summer. We spoke with the spirit for about 3 minutes, but the only information we could get was that it was cold, and it was confused at being in a body again.

I started to get worried when I touched the bed she was on and found that my fingers came away slightly wet as though the heat from my body was melting something. Kari came to herself for a moment and they started battling for true possession. She couldn't get rid of it, no one else in the room knew what to do. Working instinctively, I managed to banish it, forcing it out of her, and when we left the room, Everyone commented on how weird it was and they never spoke of it again.

Except for the guy whose house it was in. His parents had that room built about 3 months before. After about 2 weeks his parents started bugging him about how the room smelt bad, sort of rotten. The smell kept getting worse, and room was still cold. They eventually tore the room down and had it re-done. Apparently all of the wood, and everything else that could rot, had, and had done it at an insane speed. He told me I was never allowed to do anything spiritual in his house again... But the others were fine because their tricks didn't have long term effects. This and a few other incidents is why they eventually tried to bind my powers. They said I was too powerful to be untrained. I'll explain more in my next post most likely put up later today or tomorrow.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:32 am

Interesting. I look foreward to it.

Hmmm. I know a real gentelman should not do this, But you can trust me I am Ragnar. :lol:

How old were you at the time?

"You do not have to say anything unless you wish to do so. If you have no solicitor of your own one can be supplied...etc". :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:36 am

Wow spooky.

With your permission, I'd like to add this to my short list of stories from reliable sources cautioning against such things. Good to scare students out of taking on too much too soon...

Thanks for sharing! :-D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:31 pm

Please, take my story and tell students not to do it. I will say that it taught me the sin of pride real quick. And Ragnar, I was young, only 16 years old, and of course, I'd only just been introduced to Wicca/Circles for about 3 months. That didn't seem very young to me then, but now that I look at it 10 years older, I can see just how desperate I was to try and get attention. I consider the lesson learned now and I never made that particular mistake again.

I wasn't the only one who made mistakes like this, right? Please don't tell me I was the only one to try stuff that only seemed silly in hindsight.

#-o
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:01 pm

For my second beginning story, I want to call attention to a small point in my other story. I mentioned that Kari could supposedly go into past lives after being hypnotized. After seeing her do it a couple of times, I decided that I could do it. So I decided to try it on a friend of ours that had already proved himself easily manipulated(he decided he didn't need his soul, because it didn't exist, and soon after sold it for a penny. He then spent the next 3 weeks slipping closer to death as he simply decided he had no will to live. We "bought" his soul back and he slowly started acting normally again. I'm still not certain if he believed he sold his soul, or if the knowledge that he had sold his soul was actually was got to him, anyways, though, the following incident happened a few weeks before the soul thing).

I decided I could hypnotize him to remember a past life. However something always went wrong. The idea was that you lay the person on the floor, told them to envision that they were in a hot desert, in perfect peace, and then that their blanket that they were laying on began flying above the Earth, and when they got into space, they could see the Earth turning, and then started seeing it turn backwards. Afterwards, they could land, and would supposedly be in touch with a past self. Sound theory, right? :roll:

Anyways, this guy was impossible, you could tell him that he was calm and comfortable, and after the blanket had began flying, he'd fall off at a great height, or he'd get to space okay and freeze to death in the cold. I could hypnotize him, but try to get him to accept a little extra guidance during the hypnosis and everything would go down the tubes. I don't really consider this a bad failing, since it was partially him as well. Although, I've never tried to find someone else to try it with. I really didn't think it would work, and after such a bad "failure", I decided it was probably just her acting. Although, after the guy sold his soul, I was told by his sister to stop involving him. He just reacted way to weird after it happened. Mark 2 for them on the "Bind her and not teach her, because we can't understand what she's doing, or how she's doing it so naturally".

It irritates me that they couldn't try to teach me, and that Kari, in her attempt to bind me, decided to include a power sucker. It hid itself from me, and in the meantime was sending her any extra power it could gleam. I accepted it, for a week,and then with a friends help who could see it,realized how she was trying to simply manipulate me so that she could be centre of attention again. With my friends help, I managed to rip it off, and send it back to her. I told it not to harm her, as it did me. I don't know if ever noticed or not. She certainly looked at me closely for the next 2 weeks and then attempted to "Bind" me again. However this time, I had put up proper wards, and wouldn't let it get a handhold. She never tried again. I don't see her anymore. The last time I did, she didn't seem to have grown up at all. She spent the whole ten minutes telling me exactly how much better her life was than mine, and how much better her characters were in D&D. When I let her know, nicely, that I was glad her life was going so well, and that her GM (game master for D&D) was obviously, giving her a bit much, but I was glad she was enjoying herself, she left in a huff, smiling falsely, and I haven't seen her since.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:41 pm

O___O The parents didn't make a good impression on me to start with, but now they've lost another 50 points with me. Yes, let our egos soar and bring on this new apprentice because we are so great and our daughter is the f****** s*** of *@#Y&*@#. Oh wait, she actually has some access to Spirit? RUN! Bind her! Let's NOT pay any attention to Karma and completely shut her off from anything. Let's NOT teach her what is ethical and safe right away. Let her contact the dead, yes, because we are so high and mighty and without ethics that we would love to see a novice do this for us.

Sounds like the whole family needs a bit of maturity. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:oops: Did I say that? Nooooo.

>___<

You're not the only one who has done some dumb things in the beginning. Very few people have not. This is what youth is about. BUT: "In ignorance you are blessed. In knowledge you are damned." You are always forgiven by Spirit if you truly were ignorant in matters like this. And sometimes we are drawn into situations in order to teach us these lessons.

I'll share a recent experience that makes me want to just hit my head against a brick wall.

It was a few months ago. I was over at my ex's house. I was happy because I was actually able to mediate clear messages from the spirit world. I was talking with my ex, and we got on about his grandmother who passed many years ago. I felt SO strongly that I should ask if he would possibly want me to attempt to get anything from her. Yes, FOOLISH. I knew he would not react well but I have learned to trust whatever Spirit tells me to do, now that I can differentiate between my own thoughts and guidance. I felt SO STRONGLY that I was guided. Well, the moment it was out of my mouth, I wished I could just go back and delete it, his face went terrible, and I spent the next fifteen minutes appologizing.

I was guided to do this. Why? A very important lesson. It was that I am never to offer to be a medium for anyone. Only in three situations can I mediate: 1) Spirit gives me a clear message that I should. 2) In a Reiki healing, because this happens anyway. 3) The person asks and I get permission from Spirit.

I am so glad it was with him and not someone else!!! It was a safe lesson, and our standings with eachother were not harmed. My ego got kicked down a huge notch, I'll tell you that!!! Which is wonderful, because I need that every once in a while just to keep in check :)

So, that is my most recent experience. Ugh. Don't like thinking of it! But it was a valuable and very necessary lesson!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:39 pm

Thanks. It's nice to know that everybody makes mistakes when they start out. Perhaps not as bad as these, but it was certainly a life lesson to learn. I'm glad that even though I was unable to find a teacher after that, that I was able to learn ethics myself. Nowadays, perhaps I have not used my full potential in a while, but at least I haven't done anything really stupid, in quite a few years.