Pagan Paper

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.

Would a international pagan paper interest you?

Yes
87%
No
No votes
You're crazy, shut up!!
No votes
Sign me up!!
13%

Total votes: 15

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:53 am

Sounds like a good idea. Hope all goes well. :-D
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:58 am

Sounds great,
I have to agree with all of CHL's discussions, as for target group, I think it would be better to have a teen section and a parenting section rather than an entire paper aimed at one group. I think it would also be awesome sometime to discuss weirdo's like me who don't wan to leave our old religions behind. Just a thought.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:02 pm

hey if you need any help if you decide to bring it to the UK I will help over here if you bring it here that's if and when it goes well on your side of the pond.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:56 pm

So it would be like "Witchvox", but printed????
(only recycled paper i hope ;) )

But there are initiatives going already. Look at this, the (almost)monthly publication by the OBOD.

Katsu
/|\

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:29 am

katsu wrote:So it would be like "Witchvox", but printed????
No, not at all.

WE would tell the truth and would not accept millions of dollars from politicians and others with an axe to grind, so their point of view becomes editorial policy.

Till the cash runs out. :-?

"Vox, the home of financialy negotiable truth". :-D

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:23 pm

Ragnar, you said something earlier, I wasn't listening much then, I was all on cloud 9 and still excited, but I think you're right. I could handle Xtians, they always try to ruin things, that's a given, but what about the ones we're doing this for? For some reason I get the feeling we're gonna have more problems with our own pagans then anyone else. Most pagans are gonna be mad about us trying to unite us all, their argument will be that pagans aren't suppose to be united, being different is what separates us from Xtians, etc etc. I was joking with Reo the other day about how we need a UP kinda like a UN, only with reps from every branch, but then what about the solitaires with no trad? Damn, this is starting to look impossible...*sigh of despair* This is defiantly one of those good ideas in theory but in practice, not turning out so well.... :-(
Even Ragnar's guilty of what I'm talking about, no offense intended Ragnar. Witch Vox might not be perfect, but they have to pay the piper too, and they might sell out often, but they're doing more then most ppl. They're out there and while it might be biased, it's still pagan...somewhat... Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with their methods, but atleast they're trying to do something good for the pagan community.

And yes Katsu, I use recycled paper whenever possible ;)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:47 pm

???? "Witchvox" exists? I thought it was a joke name that had been made up specially for the post I was answering. Never heard of it. :-?

I was talking about "Vox" T.V. I believe something to do with "Fox".

I do not see us discussing among ourselves as a problem, somewhere like here. But in a news paper that is meant for every one to see, then it just makes it look like we can't even decide among ourselves if we are a body worth seperate consideration.

In Scotland it's called "Hanging out dirty washing".

Would we have censorship? Or would anyone who called themselves "Pagan" be allowed to air their views?

THEN, what do we do if the nutter satanist Pagan vampire, wants to say something? Turn him down? Or let him write and then be in a possition of having to either ridicule him in the glare of the (our) press? Or, him and his campaign manager, who allready have the world press interested, go and give a full scale interview, as to how they were treated by "fellow Pagans, who are obviously not, because I am, and they won't accept me", kind of interview.

Or we let him write and say nothing, which then, in the eyes of the public, because he is thought well of enough of by us, for us to allow him to represent us in Congress, or whatever he becomes "our leading voice"? #-o

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:59 pm

I can see where you are coming from and yes there will be some of us who will moan but I see this paper as a way of getting pagan idea across, it's like I love reading about what shamen believe and what other pagans think, why shouldn't we have something almost everyone else has a paper, TV programs on all the time.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:02 pm

Lol Ragnar,

i was indeed talking about: www.witchvox.com
I find it a good way to keep up with Pagan news around the world(though somewhat biased i must admit)
And i absolutely love Kerr Cuhulain's articles
=D>

Katsu
/|\

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:40 pm

So is it "Vox" T.V company? Or is that coincidental?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:59 am

So is it "Vox" T.V company? Or is that coincidental?
Coincidental ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:35 pm

I can definitely see the problems that may arise with this idea. But surely it may still be possible to sort something out... :smt102

I'm with auramoonsongs about helping in the UK :-D
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:34 pm

Forgotten Oceans wrote:
I get the feeling we're gonna have more problems with our own pagans then anyone else. Most pagans are gonna be mad about us trying to unite us all, their argument will be that pagans aren't suppose to be united,
An open editorial/letters to the editor page might ease the acceptance within the Pagan community. Whenever an article is written about Shamanistic practices, Wicca, the Lord high Worshippers of Quel'Naga etc, have a small blurb at the end of your article.
"We understand the this article may miss some details/groups. As this is a non profit magazine and we are limited to the numbers of words this is inevitable. Please send us correspondence in the form letters and editorials explaining your practices differences/uniqueness and we will endeveour to put your ideas to print. Merry meet."

Or something to that effect. The only real down side this idea is that you might get a few odd balls, or perhaps Fundies trying to slip their Toto the half bird/half fish Totem.

Also, an idea that just struck my brain (ouch damn lightning) don't know about you guys but I'm a fan of quotes, perhaps a quotes page once every blue moon might be a nice idea as a featurette. (ie. once every 6 issues or something, otherwise we'd run out of em :lol: :lol: )
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:44 pm

Yes! Quotes! Quotes are fantastic.

http://home.att.net/~quotations/good.html

This is a pretty good site full of quotes, if you need help. And there wouldn't really be copyright issues, would there? *snickers evilly*
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:19 pm

No copy write issues if you properly document who wrote it and from what...for example:
There are powers in this world, powers that lie between the light of day and the black of night, between the cry and the sound that are little dreamed of and less known.
Nongo – the Legend of Tarik by Walter Dean Myers.
This would be cool to do b/c you're stating in the end the character, book and author...the only thing that would make it more complete would be date of copy write and publisher.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!