New friend

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

New friend

Post by majickalman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:56 pm

I live in an apartment that does not allow me to have pets, which really drags. I've been here for 3 years now, and there's always been this pure black female cat that has been around the neighborhood. For the first year or so, she would not come near me. She would walk by and glance, but every time I tried to call her over, she would not respond. I figured it was just because I was not really a cat person, I've always preferred dogs and fish. After awhile though, she did come to me, but only once in awhile, at her discretion. Now, and only just recently, I'd say in the last couple of months or so, she's been around alot for attention. Today, she was out there every time I went out, almost as though waiting for me to come out, and really enjoying my attention. I've never fed her, as she seems to be in good health, and I read a book to my son about this cat that ate at a few different places every day, can't remember the book, but it was fun. Anyway, no real point to this story, except to share a little Magick. :-D
Also, the moon is very beautiful tonight and I bought my first book today; Wicca, A Book for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham. I read 2 chapters just now and I like it alot. I went looking for Elements of Ritual by Deborah Lipp, but my local Borders didn't have a copy. I have one coming this week sometime though.
Thanx for all the advise so far, you people are great, Magickal =D>
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:09 pm

Sometimes cats, especially one's who are "street wise" take a while to decide if they trust you or not. She probably has decided to put you on her trust list ;)

Your first book was my first book too :-D
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:42 pm

Well that's awesome, I'm glad she did, because she's a real nice kitty and I like new friends. I'm warming up to cats. I had a couple as a kid and they scratched and bit me, probably because I was mauling them, and I didn't like them for awhile. I had a few dogs and lots of fish and a few various rodents along the way. Can't trust dogs or rodents! I can't have any now, but when this situation changes, maybe, I'll try cats and fish.
As for the book, it seems to be right up my alley so far and I'd have to predict all the way through. Can't wait to get my other one :-D
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:12 pm

Cats have been a sign of spirituality throughout the ages, too ^_^

I'm glad you have found a new friend, and have started your own spiritual library. If it is anything like mine, your shelves will be packed... I have to keep some on the floor ><
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:12 pm

It'll take awhile for that, I'm starting with a pair of 3 year old dictionaries, a collection of Harry Potters(1-5), Shadowland, and my new one! But I'll see what I can do :-D
And yes, I've read abou cats and life! They've always intrigued me, even when I was scared of em backoff:
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:15 pm

OOPS, and how could I forget, my Dale Earnhardt book :lol:
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:50 pm

Something about my new friend is magickal. She was here all day again. I'm not suppose to have pets, but it was beautiful out today, so I left the door open for awhile. She came in and took a quick peek, and it seemed to me, that she didn't like something in here. I know that she is a very skeptical creature in the first place, as it took her 3 years to warm up to me. She will sit on the porch with me as long as I'm out there, and loves attention. But will also just sit there next to me, but this has only been going on for the last 2 days. She came in twice, and both times, it seems as if she were spooked by something. I've been here for 3 years and not been bothered. The reasonable explanation for me is that she is worried about a dog or something jumping out at her. She comes into the main room where the door is and immediately looks down a hall to the rest of my place and that is what bothers her. As soon as she looks in that direction, she runs out snapping her tail. No curiosity whatsoever like when she first came in. I guess my question would be how can I read this?
I hope I've given enough info, if not ask.
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:45 pm

well, you can start with a scrying for energy pockets or you can just smuge the place and see if things change.

Good luck with the little kitty...it sounds like she's well on her way to becoming your familiar.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:31 pm

Cats are often drawn to magical energy. Perhaps too that this cat is drawn to the budding energy and awareness within you?

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:31 pm

Yes, that kind of feels how it is, because I feel something as well when she comes around, Magickal, and also feel a little lonely when she does not come to visit me. I like it very much, as well as alot of other things that I am starting to feel lately. I have been through some very depressing times as of late and since I have started this soulsearching adventure, I suddenly feel alive and full of energy that I have not felt in a very long time. It feels very good and I am enjoying these feelings. Everything has felt so dull and monotonous for a few years and now things are starting to feel vibrant and beautiful, like they did when I was younger. I suddenly feel full of life and it feels awesome. I hope this keeps up and that more things like this happen. I want to enjoy this as much as possible for as long as possible, because this is what life should feel like :-D
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:37 pm

majickalman wrote:I want to enjoy this as much as possible for as long as possible, because this is what life should feel like :-D
Aye, same here - sometimes I feel a little twinge of regret that I didn't find my way to paganism so much sooner so that I'd have longer in this life to enjoy it - but hey, better late than never :-D
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:57 pm

I am very glad that you have found vibrancy and life in your life.

It has done the same for me. But when you look back at that time of dullness and depression, you will realize that it made you what you are today. Hard to climb out, but once you do, it's wonderful. (Always reminds me of something I saw on National Geographic when I was young, about an active volcano and clouds of ... %%@# what was it!! Methane?? (Sorry brain is foggy - as always, it seems, as I always seem to be appologizing for being tired or foggy) that would rise up and then settle low along the ground, and animals going to feed on the dead carcasses in these low spots when the gas layer rose would get stuck when it fell again. This little lizard had no energy, and just sat on the wall of the low spot breathing in the fresh air until he had enough energy to get out. Carbon Monoxide!! THAT WAS IT!! I think... Yes... Yes it was...

Um...

yes... :oops:

That is what my pep-talks are composed of. OI.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:38 pm

My kitty friend came in for a little better look around last night :-) I feel more like it is just her being cautious, than anything here, as I've been spooked before, but never here. Anyway, thanx for the advice, but I'm just starting out in this and scrying and smudging are still a way off for me :lol: But I'll read more and get there in time :-D
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:08 pm

Glad to hear of your relationship with kitty! :-D
It is strange reading about it though. I have always loved dogs and get on with them greatly. But cats, i do like them but they seem very mysterious. Cats always seem to come up to me and rub against my leg (like cats do...) when I'm out and about getting on with my business. I have never really thought any thing of it but reading these posts i have started to think a little out side the box... backoff: doiknow:
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:20 pm

Cats are very in-tune with personal energies, which is why they make great familiars.

Dogs can make good familiars too, but it depends on your spirit guide and power animals.

Someone with a Wolf or Cyote or Fox Spirit Guide would probably bond with a dog with similar attributes.

Have fun with kitty!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!