This is a little early, but....

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.

What's your favorite holiday?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:13 pm

Hallows Eve
57%
Yule, Winter Solstice
29%
Imbolc
No votes
Ostara, Spring Equinox
7%
Beltane
7%
Litha, Summer Solstice
No votes
Lammas
No votes
Mabon, Autumn Equinox
No votes

Total votes: 14

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

This is a little early, but....

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:13 pm

So with All Hallows Eve coming up soon, what's every one got planed?
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:42 pm

For myself, most likely doing a solo ritual, a thanking of sorts and honouring, and then going off and doing another with a friend of mine. If these plans do not hold up, taking my 2 year-old niece out trick-or-treating in a Rainbow Bright costume ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:56 pm

Samhain is my fav, always has been... Of course, Autumn has always been my favorite season, followed by spring.

Wassail und Wunjo Samhain
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:49 pm

C.H.L. Aww! Rainbow Bright rocks! Same here Runewulf, autumns my fav followed by spring. I love the harvesting and growing thing, I just love plants. One day I hope to be an herbal doctor, but I got a ways to go. ^___^ Samhain for me this year will involve lots of pumpkin carving, as that is one of my favorite things in the world, and probably going to a friends house to watch scary movies and eat candy. I want to wish everyone a safe and happy Hallows Eve!!!! flyaway:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:29 am

You mean there are other holidays besides Samhain? ;)
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:32 pm

I voted for Beltaine for a number of reasons...I'm a late April born kid and feel a kinship with this time of the year. But, my naughty secret is that my favorite is actually Mabon. I feel the energies of harvest more strongly which, is why I always plan a ritual at this time even if I celebrate no other hollidays. I'm contantly in need of balance. :lol:
Yule is definately the most fussed about.

What do I plan to do?
Celebrate with my Grove of course. Decorate my personal altar in black, red, and orange. Make candle holders out of apples and put carved jack-o-laterns at each window on the 31st (I plan this last part but, may not even get to it). At the very least, I'll cook a nice dinner and do a personal rite.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Silver Spider
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Silver Spider » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:14 pm

I voted for Yule. It's number one for me because I like the feelings that we find around this time of year, and it's also my time of power (winter that is.)

At this time, Hallow's eve, or Samhain, is probably number two for me. I don't have any spiritual plans. If anything, I'll probably help in passing out candy to the neigborhood children. It's usually a fun time of the year.

Peace.
Last edited by Silver Spider on Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:11 pm

I just realized that I did not say which one I voted for. Not that it really matters. It is better to keep your mouth shut than say something stupid, but here I open it for the heck of it.

I voted for Winter Solstice, the time of two of my Totems. I feel really amazing on this day of darkness, really connected with my inner self. It reminds me of the Black Lodges and I feel connected to the feminine in the world.
Enough sentimental dribble. I am quiet now
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:00 am

I did not vote, mainly because I don't operate quite like this.

My Paganism (and its practice) is much more primitive (or archaic, if you like) than most, so that the names used in the poll are of no (or very limited) meaning for me.
(In addition, being antipodean, summer/winter/autumn/spring are somewhat confusing.)

I do mark Solstices and Equinoxes, as well as full and new moons with rituals. (Some rituals may be very basic, others more elaborate: ranging from no more than a moment of reflection to a near-all-night session.)

There are no set prefererences or favourites, it all depends on what else is happening at the time, both in nature and in my life.

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:28 am

I voted for Samhain, though it's pretty much a tie between Samhain and Beltaine for me. Sorry for all you Yule lovers out there, but I have begin to dislike this holiday immensly due to working in malls for several years. You don't see much of the "holiday spirit" in the malls, that's for sure. :evil:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:00 am

Samhain is my favorite, because it's the time of year when my dreams are most vivid.

Plans? Well, I have kiddies in the neighborhood to give candy to, I'll probably have friends over to play games with afterwards.

I am planning on making a few offering cakes and putting them out back for those of my loved ones who've passed on, or any migrant spirit that needs it.

Samhain is the only holiday where I bring my ward line in from the edge of my yard to the outline of my house...leaving only the wards for true evil in place.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:52 am

Samhain always has / always will be. 8-)
as for plans, might have to work :-( feeding the coughychop dregs ;)

Ghoul Gruel anyone? :lol:
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:44 pm

Samhain's my favourite, though Yule is a close second!

And to answer Forgotten Ocean's question, I plan on doing a solitary ritual at sunset, and holding a vigil throughout the night - in the garden of course... *Is thankful she's nearly finished her cloak*...I also plan on celebrating during the week, just little things like going out for walks - the trees have finally turned, and just celebrating the season. Autumn has always been my favourite time of year.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:31 pm

Anything in Autumn/winter. Hope we get some snow this year. I think we have had 4cm in the last three years!

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:23 pm

I agree Ragnar - a white Yule would be beautiful!!
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")