A question of honour.

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.

Which option would you choose?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:29 pm

Would you refuse the present, and look pig headed?
100%
Would you take the present, and loose honour?
No votes
Do I go off sick until they have forgotten?
No votes

Total votes: 5

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:31 pm

No, Germany and Austria have allways had a special arrangement. Ever since Fredrick II (Prussia) threatened to march into Bavaria if they marched into Austrian Holland. The Bavarians went home as quietly as Bavarians find it possible to be. Plus the Austrians allready speak German... kind of.
Thing is I allready found that I know more German/Prussian history than the teacher that takes the class. I had to explain to her What the Wien conffference (If in doubt add an "F", allways works), achieved. Now, O.K, I do not expect any one on these boards to be remotely interested, let alone expect them to know. But you would expect more from our "history teacher" than "Oh we only cover the important bits of German history", when asked about the conference which enabled Bismark to draw 38 states + Prussia into one entity called Germany. You know? I suspect that Bismark found it slightly interesting, if not down right important.
Strange you were saying about the farm hand. My Sisters ex Mother in law, Austrian Jewish, was CONVINCED to the point of throwing my Sister out of the house for lying, that the Vikings, Kelts, Indians etc, had stolen the idea of the swastika as a symbol, from Hitler. There was nothing that would convince her other wise, the same with the rest of the family. Obviously caught it from the idiot Mother.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:10 am

Ah yes, a little late but I thank you all for the input.
I took your advice, in a way. I decided to refuse the present, but put it in the hands of the teacher that had given the information.
Basically; "You have caused this problem, YOU can sort it out".
I then took two days off, visiting the Prussian army museum. When I got back I recieved an apology from the teacher, and no problems about presents.
Again thans to all. =D>

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:34 am

It's good to hear that this thing went off well.

This fits in with my theory that mostly the things we tend to worry about don't give us too much trouble, normally. It is the things we don't worry about (or are not able to worry about because we can't foresee them) that end up causing us the most grief.

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:52 pm

Good, I'm glad it went OK! *huggles*
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:54 am

Glad to here that you got an appology! Really glad to hear that things went smoothly and there was no big trouble stirred up by the trouble makers.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:39 am

How did I miss this??

Glad the teacher apologized, and that they worked it out themselves ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG