Spirituality V.S. Love

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.

Has your spirituality come between your most important relationships?

Yes, between me and a friend, and it ended it
23%
Yes, between me and a friend, and we are still friends
No votes
Yes, between me and a lover, and it ended
15%
Yes, between me and a lover, and we are still together
No votes
Yes, and we are still fighting over it
15%
No
46%

Total votes: 13

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:17 pm

:lol: it must sound that way

Okay: The fact is I love him, and he loves me, and he is the sweetest guy I've ever known. He's not verbally, mentally, or physically abusive. He just made it clear that he cannot accept what I do, and the thing about my Guides being imaginary friends was prodded out during an argument. He does not say this stuff out of the blue.

I'm not waiting out and hoping to be rescued by another guy. That comment was more of a wishful joke. The fact is I am waiting to see how it plays out over the next few week: If we can get over our differences, I would like to keep it up. If we keep fighting, I know I'll have to end it.

And, furthermore, I don't think you could offend me, Stormy. I like you too much ;) lol. I'm not easily offended, except by people who book Reiki appointments and do not show :evil: I've been waiting for over an hour for this guy!!

Thanks again, people. I've come to my conclusion on what to do. I'll never let someone walk all over me, or belittle me, or hurt me. If he continues to have a problem with it, I'll take action. But this guy is too good to pass up. He's thoughtful, he's caring, he's strong and warm and funny and my perfect guy.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:57 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote::lol: it must sound that way

And, furthermore, I don't think you could offend me, Stormy. I like you too much ;) lol. I'm not easily offended, except by people who book Reiki appointments and do not show :evil: I've been waiting for over an hour for this guy!!

Thanks again, people. I've come to my conclusion on what to do. I'll never let someone walk all over me, or belittle me, or hurt me. If he continues to have a problem with it, I'll take action. But this guy is too good to pass up. He's thoughtful, he's caring, he's strong and warm and funny and my perfect guy.
Whew (wipes brow) glad I didn't tick ya off :-D Even happier to hear you clarify and to know you aren't kidding yourself - I've seen so many people stay in less than nice relationships for the wrong reasons, glad you have a grip on things.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Fairydust
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Fairydust » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:52 pm

wow...i was starting to type something...then i went away before i could finnish (tkd) and when i came back this had happened. wow. any ways...yay for no walking over!

no one should ever be belittled...
and no one should ever be treated lesss than the other.

one of my fave quotes:
"sticks and stones may break our bones
but names will break our spirit"
because its true...
<b>lets just let ourselves be what ever it is that we are</b>

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:05 pm

Yeah Crazy Healer Lady ! Good luck with your lover. I think whatever you choose to do will be the right course. Esoterics who manage and direct the Ki tend to be very accomodating to others' beliefs over time ( I imagine the same might be said of martial artists), and after things go "woo-woo" around you a few times he'll prob'ly come to see a little more of where you are coming from.

Just be sure and stay true to your path too. Okay? Promise?

8-)
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:09 am

Promise!!!

Things are going too well in that area for me to stray. I am finally where I need to be, where I have been so painfully striving to be since I was a kid. The youngest I remember feeling that yearning was... I was 5?? And then it is a memory of always feeling like that O_O LOL. It feels the crazy cooky world of spirits, attacks, Guides, crystals, etc is welcoming me with open arms. I dance around the subject and act playful (like calling it cooky) but inside I feel like I am sitting beneath something like the sun with a huge smile. (I don't know if you can understand what I mean to say, as the coffee isn't working yet).
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:26 am

Reiki-Master Crazy Healer Lady:

Oh I understand perfectly. I've been on this journey through magical realms and spirit-consciousness for a little while. Just when I get to thinking I know something, I turn a bend in the path and an entire new vista opens out before me. It is certainly the most engrossing thing that's happened to me in my life -- in fact it kinda sorta IS my life: inseparable from/melded to if you get the jist of what I'm trying to express here. In it's least powerful moments it is deeply engrossing, and when the juice is really flowing -- whoa, Dudette...it's totally awesome. Anytime I've tried to leave my spiritual journey behind -- I just wound up physically, emotionally, and intellectually yearning to return to it.

I sense that it means something as important as that to you as well. And there is such a need in the worlds for good magical healers these days. There is so very much to do.

flyaway:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:57 am

dragonflydrummer wrote: I sense that it means something as important as that to you as well. And there is such a need in the worlds for good magical healers these days. There is so very much to do.
true dat ami, true dat... these days there is a huge need for magickal healing, both in the broader scope and the more localized ones.

wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:19 pm

Ah yes, definately.

And such is the reason I am giving free attunements though I really need money right now :cry: These people can't afford it, and would not get it if they had to pay the money, but for their healing and for others' they need the attunements.

*cry* everyone is in so much pain!!

Holy camoli... On one post I was really grumpy, on another really hyper, and now I'm emotional. Is this what giving attunements is doing to me? LOL. Two at once, anyway.
Crazy Healer Lady

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:45 pm

Spend some time grounding, pulling fresh energy into yourself and letting it flow through and refill you, ballancing yourself out in neutral energy. That'll help.

wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:18 pm

Thanks, Runewolf ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:22 pm

Well...
Just to update you all...
I broke up with him last night.
Which sucks, because I still really really love him. He is my best friend. We will see how things go. It was a friendly break-up, full of crying, though.
K
thanks for all your advice
Crazy Healer Lady

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:55 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't work out <big hug> >:D<

I'm glad it was friendly though, but even so, tears are to be expected. Who knows, perhaps he needs a few years to grow and you will meet again when he is 'right' for you. I do know though, wether it turns out to be him later on or not, you will find the right one for you.

For now, you just need to focus on YOU - pamper yourself, take long walks in the woods, soak in a hot tub by candle-light with incense and just relax. Be good to yourself, you deserve it.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:57 pm

Sorry to hear things didn't work out...but at least it was a mutal decision.

:GHug:
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:32 pm

Not mutual
I'm still really torn right now.
Thanks Kystar and Stormy.
Crazy Healer Lady

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:56 pm

Sorry to hear things didn't work out. Stormy was right though about pampering yourself. Eat some chocolate (or your favorite deesert treat, whatever that is), treat yourself to something special, and above all, just try to relax and give yourself time to get your head on straight. :hug:
"Love like you've never been hurt."