Cat Lady?

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.

How Many cats will make you a cat lady?

One
No votes
Two
No votes
Three or more
100%

Total votes: 5

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:31 pm

Just try wiping with a warm, wet, soft cloth - snot or dirt, it'll come out, though you may need to pull at it with the corner of the cloth once you've moistened it as nose dirt can get pretty tightly stuck. My Sam gets his pink nose dirty all the time from his overly enthusiastic work in the litter box - clumping litter makes a tough boogie :P

If it's just a darker color, it won't come out :geek:

Even healthy cats can get dirty noses, so unless her nose is visably running she's probable just fine. Healthy noses are dry to slightly moist - unhealthy noses are sopping wet and in a very sick cat the nose and ears will feel hot with fever.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:37 pm

One things I've noticed, also, that healthy cats get very wet noses once they come in from the cold outside.
Just wanted to throw that out there in case you get worried if your cat has a wet nose for reasons other than un-health. (grammar nazi making terrible mistakes such as un-health)
Unless your cat is, in actuality, a dog. Then it needs a wet nose.
And if it's a tiny human, I think it should have a dry-ish one.
Strange mood
Ahem...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:50 pm

My kitty has seasonal allergies, I've noticed. nothing bad enough to run scared to a vet...but in the spring and fall, her nose and eyes will run just a tiny bit...and she'll sneeze...A LOT!

It can actually be cute when she paws at my tissue after she's sneezed a few times!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:52 am

Kystar wrote:It can actually be cute when she paws at my tissue after she's sneezed a few times!
Sam has allergies too, and somehow (I think he learned from watching me with MY allergies) he learned to come to me, whining, when his nose is particularly snotty and I hold a Kleenex for him and he wipes his nose!
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:28 am

Noche hasn't gotten that far, she whipes it on ME!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:22 pm

wow,
I don't think either of my kitties have allergies, although my Mom's cat once used a white carpet as toilet paper. [-X
The stuff came off her nose, I didn't know that cats could get snotty. i am learning a ton of new things.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:35 pm

Good News All,
I took my kitties in to the vet and Newt (the little new and sick one) is now healthy enough to get her shots, eating normal food. and is getting along famously with my other cat. Her fur is better, her ribs don't stick out, I am really happy. The only problem is she may always have the little limp, I am hoping she will grow out of it. Thanks for all reiki, blessings and advice everyone. It takes a community to save a Kitty. :)

Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:48 pm

Glad to hear your kitty is healthy and happy!
It takes a community to save a Kitty.
that is so cute... :P
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG