Witch burned alive in PNG

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Witch burned alive in PNG

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:05 am

Was looking through CNN today and saw this article on the Most Viewed List :evil:

Woman suspected of witchcraft burned alive

I thought this kind of chit died in Salem.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Re: Witch burned alive in PNG

Post by Willow » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:17 am

Similar to Salem but different.

People who are different get blamed for events that other people don't understand. I just wish there was more the the governments could do about this but PNG is one of the most dangerous places on earth.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:26 am

Wow, that's horrible.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

ImMappaM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ImMappaM » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 am

Namaste and Greetings

I thought that this sort of thing had passed also although I knew that there were still "Witch Hunters" like the one that Sarah Palin was "annointed" by. But I thought they were just either converting them or running them out of town, not torturing and killing them. I have to say that even though I wasn't aware, I'm not shocked. When people don't learn from history, they repeat it and this is a classic case of that. I do remember during the first Bush administration that the Attorney General .... forgot his name, anyway he said that he was afraid of witches and witchcraft. It was amuzing but he was serious. Ashcroft, that was his name.

Practicing of any belief, is a personal choice of a spiritual path and isn't the business of another as long as it doesn't involve them. Let's hope it doesn't come to the point where we have to hide.

Brightest Blessings
~MappaM~
May your life not be measured by the breaths you take each moment but the moments that take your breath away.
Brightest Blessings
MappaM

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Mappa, I feel we've come to a state of empowerment, in the whole. Just as if very sexist laws came to pass or crimes against women in general came to be there would be an uprage, I feel the same with Paganism and spirituality. Some very powerful people in the media and in politics are supporting religious freedom and ushering in a state of understanding even to former Fundies. Operah, for instance, is one such character.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

ImMappaM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ImMappaM » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:10 pm

Namaste and Greetings
I know we are farther along as a culture than we once were, we would not have such forums if we were not. Let us be ever watchful to those who would harbor ill will and sing the praises of those who struggle along side us though this is not their fight to fight.

Brightest Blessings In Light and Love
~MappaM~
May your life not be measured by the breaths you take each moment but the moments that take your breath away.
Brightest Blessings
MappaM