Welfare

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Welfare

Post by Willow » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 am

We'va had some discussions about this on the boards. I guess as the economy gets worse things are only going to get harder for people relying on government assistance.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/551315
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Re: Welfare

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:43 am

Sorry, wnt to keep up with this thread, but busy treating a spammer with extreem prejudice at the moment.

Be back later, or tomorow, which ever comes first.

Interesting topic idea though.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:52 am

Thanks...I saw the spammer...crush him/her like a bug Ragnar! :badgrin:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:54 am

Great. Problem gone until next time.

Welfare. Too many people "working the sytem" and making ALL who claim into pirihas.

Many cases are genuine, but if we take G.B as an example, listening to a gaggle of Mothers outside the school on some "Welfare estate" (project), is eye opening. PERMENANTLY advising each other on how to work the system for every penny they can whilst not getting caught doing so.

Mothers that make SURE they are pregnant once per year so they never have to work, and can claim for the bastard (NONE of them are what you would call "married" therefore the discription is genuine). With each one the get a bigger house, more money, and ANOTHER 12 months where no one bothers to try and force them into work.

And on the other side of the fence, are pensioners that must save for WEEKS to afford a piece of thier favourite cheese (Some of you may remember I wrote of such an experience I had about a year or two back?).

AND the treouble is, what the baby factory is doing is NOT fraud!!!

What to do is a VERY difficult question.