Palin - Preaching on the Taxpayer's dollar...urgh!

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Palin - Preaching on the Taxpayer's dollar...urgh!

Post by Kystar » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:26 pm

http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wi ... 4756.story

Found this on Digg...thought I'd share.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Palin - Preaching on the Taxpayer's dollar...urgh!

Post by Lotus » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:28 pm

No abortion for rape and incest victims is just heartless. :-(

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:49 am

I know! I'd like to see her try to deal with that. Being a beauty "queen" I'm sure she's had her fair share of bad happenings. I'd bet a lot of money that she's had an abortion in her past, and not from some traumatic happening, either. Like that's fair: A twelve year-old girl knocked up with daddy's baby. What does she think? How can she pray at night, let alone sleep? How could she call THAT doing God's work???
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:51 am

Actually, I'd say she probally hasn't.

From what I've seen, the ones who do have it happen and look into it as an option, may decide it's not for them, but come away with more knowledge than this girl has.

If she has had one, then 10 - 1 odds, that Daddy sent her to the doctors for a check up, where an additional $10,000 got her knocked out, and aborted. Afterwards, the bleeding was simply put off to "Oh, you started miscarrying in my office. I'm so sorry for you." ](*,) ](*,) #-o :P
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:06 pm

I'd still say it's her guilt and frenzied Fundy nature that causes her to be so adament that abortions are evil for anyone involved. Maybe it's a, "I made a mistake; maybe God will forgive me if I force others not to do the same." Just another way of denying old wounds? Sort of how in-the-closet gay men/women can sometimes be the worst homophobes.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:00 pm

I can foresee a long rant about this one too... I think alluded it to it in my other post.

Maybe I'll return to this topic when I have more time, but in a nutshell her whole proposal of rape victims having to pay for the the gathering of physical evidence rather than police special victims units funding it is scary.

That she opposes abortion even in the event of a rape is downright frightening. Now, that's her opinion and as a citizen she's welcome to it. I put on a uniform and was prepared to die for her right to believe that way.

HOWEVER that does not make it anywhere near acceptable to use taxpayer funds to go spreading your personal beliefs, I don't care what they are.

I just can't wrap my head around why somebody who is a woman would want the right to what happens to her own body taken away. I can't understand how a mother of daughters could potentially embrace a child brought into this world by one of the most vile and terrible insults that can be given to a woman. I realize that she's not alone in being a woman with these beliefs, but it just BOGGLES the mind. ](*,)

Is she an idiot? Is she a monster? Is she delusional? Is she in denial?

I just can't figure it out.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:49 pm

davisherm wrote:Is she an idiot? Is she a monster? Is she delusional? Is she in denial?
All of the above? An idiot for listening to other idiots who preach this, delusional for believing it herself, in denial of her own godliness and all of what the divine is, and a monster for continuing this on.
Crazy Healer Lady