USA Declares Martial Law????!

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

USA Declares Martial Law????!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:21 am

I'm hearing from many sources that the USA has declared Martial Law as of last night, yet I can find no news articles on it, only hundreds of YouTube videos, word of mouth, and clips to political meetings. Those of you in the US of A, can you verify or discredit these claims? I seem to be cut off from viewing credible sources!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: USA Declares Martial Law????!

Post by Kystar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:25 pm

All I'm seeing in any of reputable news sources is the Wall Street Bailout plan getting defeated in the House or Representatives.

Granted, if I was in power, and declaring Martial Law, I wouldn't plaster it across the news...however, I think you're getting some of those political scare tactics that people seem to favor. Almost as bad as the DVD floating around from one of the candidates bashing Islam that was actually linked to a terrorist-style attack on an Ohio mosque's nursery room.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 pm

Thisis the video that has everyone in a stir... I've seen a few year-old videos that people are posting as if it just happened. I guess we'll wait and see if it's just a hoax to rile people up. (Because that's real smart when your country's in economic crisis - cause a nation panic. #-o )
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:53 pm

I was watching the video, and I looked down at the comments. If this guy,
JesusofZion, is to be believed,
this is a term used when a house bill is closed and people still debate it.. It's a political usage.. not Full On "Martial Law".
As my hubby pointed out, if we were officially under Military Law, all information routes out of the country would be shut down, businesses and roads would be shut down. I think this is why people get so confused, because the common usage of a phrase and the legal or political usage of a phrase can be two totally different things.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:10 pm

While I have not been able to find anything on the US declaring Martial Law (I will do a full search on this a little later and post the results... Dinner is calling, or I would do it now :oops: :lol: ), I did find this news story from a reasonably reputable source.

Yes, the US is going to have American soldiers patrolling American streets for use against Americans, starting October 1st.

Read the full story below...

http://www.infowars.com/?p=4803
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:28 am

The last time I am aware of is after Hurricane Katrina. This Martial law was about two years ago.

As far as I know, nothing has been declared. Maybe the media in Canada is expecting all hell to break loose during our election? I do not know.

I watched the Presidential debates and McCain was talking about "staying the course" in Irag and potentially looking at Afganistan, North Korea, and Iran. He sort of suggested potental war with all of these places.
The world looking in at this and all our economic problems probably see the USA about to implode or something. :usa2: :violent2: :violent3: :usa2: :usa2:
There are some harsh transits occuring with Pluto (similar transits to the Great Depression) aspecting USA hard. Remember the USA is a zodiac Cancer.
Mercury is also in retrograde within the sign of Libra. Miscommunication about justice issues are at an increase.

BB
Sombra
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:32 am

Ahhh all right; I think I see what's happened here. Common term vs political usage.

I don't know about the rest of Canada, but I definitely have it in the back of my head that things may explode during the elections, if the course doesn't turn.

Thanks, Lotus, for the astrogolical input there. Good to know what the stars are saying, even when it's not that good.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 am

I know that the National Guard is still patrolling the streets of New Orleans because of Katrina.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:21 pm

Lotus wrote:The world looking in at this and all our economic problems probably see the USA about to implode or something.
Arcanum and I have been saying for years it'll do that ... Or go the other way lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:40 pm

Yeah I have been saying it for years.
But that is only due to the several research papers I've read concerning global political and economical environments in world history.

They basically all agree on 1 thing. The US can not survive, it will go one of two ways;
1. Implode from both or either socio and economical insecurities.
2. Evolve into a police state.

These predictions are based around the current trends of the US in all departments. But as each paper suggests, no one can predict what is frequently termed by historians as the "unpredictable event".
If you want an example of this look at the rise and fall of Mongolian Empire (Astrology told them they would get a huge Empire, so they rolled out there armies. Years later their Astrology told them they would lose their empire, so they consolidated their forces back to Mongolia). That or the rise of the British Empire, though most historians won't admit it, Dr John Dee (a single man) had a lot to do with that.

Either way the world will be turned on it's collective head. No-one is likely to support the US when it falls, too many people have been burnt by US foreign policy. Not to mention the US is going heading in complete contradiction to the ideology of their founding fathers. This is probably why Russia is flexing its muscles a little at the moment, to be honest I think it is a good move on their behalf. But then again I have strange views, just ask me about the Cuban Missile Crisis, and I'll tell you it was an amazingly well played, but dangerous victory for the Soviet Union.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 pm

My problem is that your current prez doesn't want to give up his cushy job and 200 vacation days a year. If I remember correctly, he put in a law last year that said if there was an incident large enough the president stays in power until the issue is dealt with. What with the army serving him and working inside the country now, all it would take is one riot over a closed bank or something... And your elections are suspended until he deems the country "stable" enough to handle the elections again. Heck, he wouldn't even need a physical reason... The economics in the US is almost to the point where he could implement this law, and look, he'd already have the army in place to deal with the riots from people who are worried about this move. To make it worse, those "dissidents" wouldn't even have friends any longer... After all, their priest said the government knew better than them... That's why they're dealing with the dissidents.

It's a downward spiral with very few chances to get off this ride before it hits rock bottom. ](*,)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:29 am

Congress voted down the 700 billion dollar bail-out for wall street. Their constituents overwhelmingly protested their tax dollars going to these corrupt executives. Wall Street wailed and whined that they did not want governmental interference to their "free market" and now that it is failing they want Government tax dollars. :-({|=
Many of the Congress people were right to say that we need a good solution not the quick solution.
This plan being voted down caused a panic on Wall Street and the Dow Jones dropped several points.

I have the strong feeling that the US is headed to hell in a handbasket.
I know we endured the Great Depression and endured 9/11. I know that many of my country-men are not stupid and percervered. My hope, because I live here, is that we do overcome.
To be perfectly honest, I saw this all back in 2000.

Everything about this country lately is going against the original vision of the Forefathers. George Washington warned about debt and here we are owing trillions of dollars. :finga:
The country was never to be a Christian Theocracy and here are those groups trying to force "christianity." :finga:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:33 am

Sigh, yes Lotus I hope the US people do pull through this. I only hope they learn from this event. History does have a tendency to repeat after all.
I have recently seen a report, it was on tv so naturally I doubt it. Though in its defense it was on the ABC channel which tends to provide reasonably good reporting. It was an interview between an ABC reporter, a successful financial adviser in the world market, and a university professor in world economics. What was indicated in this interview was rather surprising. The two indicated that the current world climate is radically different to what is naturally depicted. If the US economy was to go south, the rest of the world would actually be better off. Frequently money is being funneled into the US and that's where it stops, the US is often seen by financial advisers as a huge financial drain.
Naturally this was only 2 persons opinions, and financial trends are not my forte', you'll have to ask my younger brother as that's his specialty. :-)
However, sometimes things can really smack close to home. Ie. my current employer are on a project which involves one of the largest coal terminals in Australia. Incidentally this terminal is owned and operated by one of the very US banks which is heavily involved in this Wall street dilemma. Overnight on Monday, the bank's share price dropped 33%. Needless to say we have halted all work on the project and have insisted all current bills be paid immediately. All future work will be paid in fortnightly increments. Sorry not good with names so I can't remember the bank's name.
It has begun.

Presidential elections comment
**********************Bottom edited by White Harmony against Arcanum's Approval***********************************
In an added note, I'm sleeping on the couch tonight apparently............................. Woot camping! :-D
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:32 am

Kitsune wrote:If I remember correctly, he put in a law last year that said if there was an incident large enough the president stays in power until the issue is dealt with.
I think this was put in place in his second year of presidency, but perhaps I am wrong. I always thought he'd stage something with the war. Something tells me he's not too upset about the economic state of affairs. I personally feel that he's wanting to go down in the history books not as an idiot, but "Pulling America out of the first Depression of the New Millenium."

Hey, we will all pull through. Unfortunately, when the States goes, the rest of the world suffers. The UK - so far as I hear - doesn't seem to really be suffering, but in Canada we're already talking about whether or not we'll tag along for the downward spiral.

However, the Liberals have approved an ad for our own upcoming elections two weeks from today, absolutely smacking Bush and Harper, our PM, in the face. Two months ago this would not have been accepted at all. I am amazed at the sheer cahonies of the Liberals. The ad can be found here. Would anyone have tolerated a "friend" nation's government attacking the USA's president so directly? Only seven years ago (starting) people began disappearing for mere Bush jokes!!

So the USA elections are suspended... Do you guys feel they will actually go through??
Crazy Healer Lady

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:56 pm

The US elections are not suspended. I've never even heard of a law like that. It would take a congressional forum(that may not be the right term) to create a law like that because it would change an amendment in our constitution, thus changing the constitution. The president doesn't have as much power as so many people think. He cannot change something merely on his own. Our forefathers created a system that keeps one person from having all the power. Now if EVERYONE in congress and the Supreme Court agreed with the president, that would be something else, or at least a majority of them did.

He has the power to declare war on a nation, so to speak. He can command the military to fight. But Congress has to actually decide that it is a true war before it can be called so. So while we may be fighting a "war on terrorism," it may not truly be a WAR, by our congresspeoples ( I use peoples cuz there are women there too) standards.

Ok, I'll step down off my soapbox. I just don't like rumors.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown