Pill=Abortion

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Pill=Abortion

Post by Kitsune » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:37 am

I can understand that... they would fall into that way too often.

Off hand, from a herbal persepctive, I'd love to learn exactly what herbs in what amounts make that tincture, even if I would never use it... Why, simply because I feel it's important that we know, and that the information not be forgotten. It seems to me that those who do know which herbs to use keep the information to themselves too much. It reminds me of a craft... What happens when there is an unfortunate accident and most of the people with herbalism lore die? The knowledge is lost, and it is vastly more difficult to rediscover the knowledge than it is simply make certain that most people know.

To get back to the point at hand though... :oops:

I understand that people need to make their own choices, and I support whatever decision is best for that person. And I don't believe that anyone can make that decision for another.

I know there are herbal ways to reduce a person's fertility naturally... does anyone here know those? I'm still a babe when it comes to herbology (or as I like telling people "I know just enough to be dangerous" :lol: The funny thing that they never ask who I'm a danger to! They just nod and agree. ](*,) #-o :lol: )
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:21 am

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. Got a few books...some of them mention "Uterine Stimulant" as a side affect...under safety data.

Yeah, I'm in the "I know just enough to be dangerous" too, which is why I'm very VERY careful. I don't experiment often if at all...and I stick to things with little to no side affects.

I think the majority of the lore is already lost...what's left is considered "folk remedies"...but scientists are looking at them as a "What's in this that helps that problem?" It's how they discovered aspirin. Some chemist wanted to know why Willowbark Tea made a headache go away. Found the compound that has that affect. Now, a lot of pharmaceutical companies are going back to see what's in herbals that they can draw out and apply to modern medicine...instead of just synthesizing everything.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Yes, but that's a surefire way to get side effects. The entire plant won't give us side effects, but since it's not balanced as per nature, side effects pop up. ](*,)

I don't understand working that way. For speed, yeah an asperin might be faster. I'd still rather not have my body reacting to it later though if I can help it. :-?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Kitsune, I'll send you the name of the book plus recipes.

However, let's not even hint at them here. Legal issues ;) not to mention moral issues. Not on the abortion part, but on kids taking it into their own hands, which has led to deaths, but more often permanent organ damage.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Understandable, that's why I simply named my desire to know, Crazy.

Actually I found a friend online who's teaching me the art of Onmyodo, one of the basic tenants is herbalism. So that's what we're studying at the moment! :-D

I love learning new stuff.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:29 am

Ooo!! I've never heard of it, but I googled Onmyodo. Sounds very interesting. You should write and post an article on it - after things settle.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:20 pm

He's got a new baby girl in the house as of Wednesday(her name is Hana, japanese for flower) so teaching on his side is a bit limited at the moment, But I'll try to post an article on it after next week... Until then, I admit, everything (except my writing, and that, only grudingly) is on the back burner. After the wedding (and my three days relaxation afterwards) things will probally be back to their normal selves.

Grimwell is not looking forward to Friday, Crazy. My dress will be alterations finished as of 5 pm... :-? and I think he's hoping you'll be able to stop me from freaking out. :lol: Who knows, friends tend to produce better behavior, right? :-" :-"

However, since water is taking over me at the moment, I have been trying to call more earth into me. The stability should help at least vaguely to relax me. I considered using fire to reduce water qualities, but decided that perhaps being over-active and over-emotional might not be the best plan. ;) O:) :lol:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:51 pm

I'll bring some earthy energy ;) Charge with a few colours, see how you react, and a few other techniques. Oh, and more normal stuff, too, I suppose. I'm not all energy work. It just helps to bring it to nearly every situation. :-D I'll do what I can to take the stress off, though!!
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:08 pm

I am calmer now... The only thing in my care that I can do before then is finish making the wedding favours, so I've elected to try to not worry about stuff that I can't change or have no effect on. That helped tons. I can't wait though. It's going to be great... Even if my Mother does end up guilt tripping me about stuff. :lol:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:09 am

You guys have said it all for me. This makes me so angry.....
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)