School has child taken away because of "psychic" c

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Weygold
Level 2
Level 2
Zodiac: Libra

School has child taken away because of "psychic" c

Post by Weygold » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:28 pm

I haven't met a "psychic" yet who could foretell anything with any accuracy. Why is a school, the center of education, paying any attention to one?
School has child taken away because "psychic" claimed she was abused

The administration at Terry Fox Elementary in Barrie Ontario called Children's Aid on Colleen Leduc and accused her of allowing her autistic daughter to be sexually assaulted. They based the accusation on something a "psychic" told the special ed worker who worked with the kid.
Read on for more indignation:

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_23845.aspx

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:27 am

OMG, this happenned in my hometown!!!!!!!

This is unbelievable. I am a total believer in psychic powers, but I think someone may be a bit off here.

thanks for posting this, I am going to see if anyone in the community has anything more to say on this. there are a few scam psychics in Barrie.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Re: School has child taken away because of "psychic&quo

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Weygold wrote:I haven't met a "psychic" yet who could foretell anything with any accuracy. Why is a school, the center of education, paying any attention to one?
TYPICAL christian attitude. "Witchcraft is a load of old bunkum", "Paganism is just a load of rubbish", until they MEET one and they fill their bloody pants, and try and have us burned at the stake, banned from schools, and public office, even get all in tizzy when they find out that British airways pilots had set up a coven at Heathrow a few years ago, or that the Royal navy has five ships with places set aside for "pagan ritual" for crew mmbers. Like we can not be trusted to fly planes, or shoot straight, or something.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:04 pm

If you expect a psychic to be wrong, then they will be... If only because you're not going to listen anyways.

Being psychic myself, I refuse to give information like that away unless I can look at the person and "That's him there" and even then, I'd really think about it.

Giving out that sort of information based on a "V Name" was just highly unprofessional, in my opinion anyway.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Librarian

Re: School has child taken away because of "psychic&

Post by Librarian » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:10 pm

Ragnar wrote:
Weygold wrote:I haven't met a "psychic" yet who could foretell anything with any accuracy. Why is a school, the center of education, paying any attention to one?
TYPICAL christian attitude.
I'm hardly what one would consider a "typical christian." :-D

It's true, though, I've never met anyone who considers themselves to be psychic who has done better than cold reading. Remember, Randi's challenge STILL holds $10,000,000 unclaimed.

I would love to see it claimed, though. Most of the so-called psychics, ghost hunters, etc are simply out to make a buck. They have no more power than any other con artist.

I believe there are skills/abilities/powers/whatever you want to call them, that some people may possess, but I have yet to see anything provable.

Ragnar

Re: School has child taken away because of "psychic&

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:21 am

Librarian wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
TYPICAL christian attitude.
I'm hardly what one would consider a "typical christian." :-D
I was not refering to YOU, I was refering more to the schools attitude.

Would they let this psychic in to give a lecture about "Psychic powers and the occult" at morning assembly?

Yet they listen MOST attently when it suits them.

Librarian

Post by Librarian » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Sorry, that's just how I read it.

You're right though, fluffy bunnies tend to pick and choose what to believe about others.