Ban on Gay marriage overturned

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 20, 2008 3:47 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Yes, there are tax issues in Canada... I lost my GST cheque because Chris and I are commonlaw! And what did they do? They sent half of it to him!!! :evil: Good thing we actually consult eachother on these issues, because he gave it back. If this were a one-sided or abusive relationship, I would be S-O-L.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 20, 2008 8:03 pm

Yes, the tax issues here suck... :evil:

Me and Grimwell had been dating for about 3-4 years when we filed our taxes one year as common-law.

Just over a year later we broke up for a while, but since we were determined to remain friends we kept living together as roomates. (I don't suggest it... It's one of the hardest things in the world to have a guy you still want ask you for your help to plan a date and seduction of another woman. :-? :roll: #-o )

4 years later, we've decided to get back together and are still doing our taxes as seperate and we get a note from the government saying that because we had dated, it didn't matter if we weren't together since there was no paperwork for an actual seperation with the courts!

We had to pay for 4 years back taxes!!!

Anyways... yes, I agree with Crazy, there are defininate tax issues in Canada. :-?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 21, 2008 3:50 am

Oh Kitsune that sucks... It seems everyone got nailed this year. I hadn't filled out my forms properly when I started my second job, and I ended up owing a bunch of $$. Thank goodness for Epicure and deductions such as rent, or I would have been in trouble!

However, everyone is getting that $100 back from the surplus, which doesn't mean much if taxes are being raised by about $60-$80 next year.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Wed May 21, 2008 9:37 am

Sorry, of course there are other issues beyond death and divorce.:oops:

I guess I just get so steamed when the government or people try to force everyone to conform regarding issues that should be left up to the individuals involved.

Also sorry to hear the tax man is being so mean to all of you.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 21, 2008 9:59 am

Tax benefits as well.

I don't even know why this is a debate sometimes.

My marriage does not make yours any less valid? What next? Forbidding Christians from marrying non-Christians? Hey people, that's in the Bible too!

Oh but wait so is stuff about not judging and loving they neighbor...I guess we can sip those parts.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 22, 2008 3:52 pm

Crazy- Tax surplus??? Hmm, I keep telling Joe that we really should think about doing our taxes soon! :lol: We finally finished paying off our "debt" last year, so this year we'll actually money back.

Here, the only way you can officiate a marriage is to be a priest of a religion large enough that you can convince the government that you have a congregation (I think it's 60 people, of a governmentally approved religion) or be a marriage commisioner (of which 90% say they'll do "non-denominational" weddings, but are of the christian faith themselves).

I mean, is it really so much to ask that there be one in Alberta. Mind you, I'm sure you've all read in my other post... In Alberta there are only three religions...

Christian
Non-Christian (Asian)
Non-Christian (Other)

#-o :lol: #-o
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 28, 2008 8:29 am

LOL, I love Alberta, they make me laugh without trying. Their universities have great religion departments, they really should consult them.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)