Politics are not really my thing...

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Politics are not really my thing...

Post by Kystar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:00 pm

...but are there any OTHER U.S. members here who are praying that Huckabee gets toss out of this presidential race REALLY FAST?!

http://polizine.com/2008/01/31/5-reason ... -huckabee/
Found this on Digg.

Then, I followed the other link (http://www.who-sucks.com/?p=355) as to more stuff he did...while governor of Arkansas, not only did he release a convicted violent rapist, who turned around and killed a girl; he also blocked an abortion for a mentally-handicapped girl who was pregnant due to a rape. WTF?

He is so anti-everything but Fundie Christian that it's SCARY!

Women should be subservient to their husbands? What time are we living in, the DARK AGES?! This is supposed to improve the U.S.A. HOW?!

Gee, I do hope he's the candidate that's in the race to make everyone ELSE LOOK GOOD!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:37 pm

On the other hand if he wants to send all of American's Pagans to Canada... Well, we may end up being more than a miniscule minority... perhaps just a small minority instead... :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:29 pm

Are there any parts of Canada that's aren't freezing over 1/2 the year? :lol:

Maybe we need to start looking at options. I wonder what the job market around Niagara Falls is like? LOL.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Vancouver! Florida if you ask some people :lol:
Well, depends how you define freezing too, there are many types of cold.

I don't think Huckabee is a threat anymore, I hate to say it, but even Chuck Norris can't save this guy's campaign.

I do wish Obama and Hilary would stop picking each other apart though, as a team they could do good things, politics causes me stress.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:38 pm

Willow wrote: I hate to say it, but even Chuck Norris .
:-? Who?

I have heard this name on othert web sites but who/what the HEL is he?

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:13 am

Chuck Norris is an old actor...used to do a lot of Kung Fu movies and stuff.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15819_5- ... gnity.html

Then...he sort of...got too much of an ego...and didn't even PRETEND to fight anymore.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:30 pm

Kystar Posted: Are there any parts of Canada that's aren't freezing over 1/2 the year?

We've a pretty temperate region here. We freeze only 2 months of the year. All other times, it rains. We ARE a rainforest, yet not many people have umbrellas. Summer is known as Construction (and smog) here.

Otherwise, the cold isn't THAT bad. There is something to be said for being able to drive across a lake in winter you usually canoe across in the summer ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:47 pm

CHL: I'll keep that in mind in case the country comes down with a bad case of Insane Leader Syndrome!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:10 pm

Calgary isn't too bad, even with our confusing weather.

We generally are cold longer (comes with being on the plains and not the rainforest area).

Calgary first season is Winter, it used to last for 8 months of the year, from Sept-April, snow all that time, but only getting colder than -20 C in Febuary. The Spring was in May, June-July were summer, and August was a very hot fall. :lol:

Now though, the weather is Fall from Oct.31-Jan.31(about -5 or -10 C), then Winter in Febuary when we'd reach -20, then from March to May we'll get Spring, and Summer is held from June to August. Sept is now fall... If it doesn't stay in the 15 C temps at least. Plus we get waaayyy less snow than we used.

Anyone who says that Climate change isn't having an effect needs to be taken out in the street and shot! :lol:

Anyways, we'd love to have you.
:-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:50 pm

Kystar wrote:CHL: I'll keep that in mind in case the country comes down with a bad case of Insane Leader Syndrome!
Er... Hasn't it already? :oops: :-?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:27 am

Eh, it's a fairly bad case, yeah. But I'm hoping that it will clear up in the next year.

I mean, yeah, Bush is a wacko, but at least he hasn't openly said that we should go back to the values of people who lived in the 1500's! (Puritans)

He's holding to the old political stand by of "If things aren't perfect at home, start a foreign war! That'll keep 'em from seeing how bad of a leader you REALLY are!"

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:11 am

You know, Crazy, I was going to mention that, but you got to it first...

And I can see the desprete hope in your eyes that soon Bush will be gone... I think we can all only hope with you (since as Canadians, our votes don't count. ;) )

mischief
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mischief » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Kystar wrote:He's holding to the old political stand by of "If things aren't perfect at home, start a foreign war! That'll keep 'em from seeing how bad of a leader you REALLY are!"
We had one of those in the UK once... now, what *was* her name? Margaret something... Just goes to show, all the best ideas come from England originally :bom:
"We shape the Gods as much as they shape us" - Mary Renault

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Honestly, I think this one can trace its roots back to Rome, personally. Isn't that why they started annexing everyone they met? LOL

Then again, I always looked at the British empire attitude as an outgrowth of the Roman mentality, so eh, you might be right!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:49 pm

mischief wrote: We had one of those in the UK once... now, what *was* her name? Margaret something...
The use of THAT name on this site will be censored.

:lol: