Harry Potter News!

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:47 am

I love book discussions too! A reading club would be great (although I don't know how I'd fit it in with all the reading for university, my dissertation *and* NaNoWriMo!)

I also think that HBP and DH are the weakest books of the series, particularly the last chapter of DH, reading that was like reading very bad badfic.

Anyone else heard about Steve Vander Ark trying to publish his Harry Potter Lexicon as a book? Apparently his publisher is being sued by JKR and Warner Bros because JKR wanted to write 'the definitive Harry Potter Encyclopaedia'. What do we think? Is she right to sue or should she get over it? There are countless unofficial companions to television shows such as Star Trek and Buffy, is a popular book series that removed from television fandom?
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men