Funny as Hell

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Funny as Hell

Post by Arcanum Owl » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:46 pm

Article on an Anti-Racism demostration. Clowns vs KKK the final showndown.

http://asheville.indymedia.org/article/107Clowns
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:57 pm

Oh My Freaking Gods!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

F%*^*ING BRILLIANT!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:56 pm

Great article. Just hope that the seriousness of the origional case does not get lost in the semantics of anti Klan/anti nazi amusement.

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:58 pm

I agree with Ragnar, the seriousness of this case should not det lost with anti nazi slogans. I know people who have heard the details of this case, who are not in any way associated with anyone involved, and get nightmares. This was a horrible crime and I don't want to repeat the horrors of it on this board. It fills me with strange emotions. It is hard to believe that humans are capable of such things.
let's be clear, there is no race "Thing" it's all about what certain people do as individuals, I have no sympathy with those who try to make it a race issue. It has to do with those who committed the crimes. Those who want to make this an excuse for their race hate are blind to the notion that people do evil not races. We should have no sympathy for those who use a horrendous crime as justification for their political agenda. That goes equally for "Black Power" or KKK.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:10 am

I agree totally. Still, the defusing of hate with laughter is a powerful image. It's a tactic that's seldom used.
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:58 am

I like it, I don't think the message will be lost. But it was good to see the KKK realise how ludicrous they sound sometimes.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:29 pm

I don't think they realized so much as those around them were shown how stupid they sound by the tactics used.

Sadly, Bigots never really seem to catch on to how brain dead they sound when they're spouting off their hate messages.

I remember in college asking someone who was the middle of a racist rant isn't white a color...and could we really be called "White" when we turn such a lovely shade of burnt sienna with proper application of the sun or chemicals?

Of course, that just got him started on a rant about women and being shallow and focusing on appearances...which I walked away and allowed the little brat to rant to his friends.
Last edited by Kystar on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:07 pm

Kystar wrote: Of course, that just got him started on a rant about women and being shallow and focusing on appearances...which I walked away and allowed the little brat to rant to his friends.
They mostly rely on the "red herring" theory of argument.

E.g. I was having a discussion on one web site about whether the police were racist or not.

I mentioned "say a black guy pulls up at the traffic lights in a blue Ferrari....."

The one it was aimed at then went into a, mostly one sentence string of posts, over about two pages arguing with ONE other poster, about proving that you do not get blue Ferraris.

Needless to say he was shot down TOTALY. But not before the argument he was loosing, was totally forgotten....by SOME.

ALWAYS keep track, ignore the superfulous, and upset them by coming back at them where they tried to distract you.