Gathering the dearly beloved among the dearly departed

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Gathering the dearly beloved among the dearly departed

Post by Willow » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:54 pm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... amily/home

Tying the knot over the plot

How many more cheesy puns can you come up with for people who get married in graveyards?

I can't help but think this is ingenious. I can see why it would creep some people out but I actually find graveyards quite peaceful. Either way it put a smile on my face.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:07 am

Graveyards are beautiful. Well, the old ones, anyway... I can't be having with this new shiny nonsense. Give me old-school crumbling grey tombstones any day. Preferably with some ivy and an inscribed winged skull.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:30 am

Wow. Really interesting. A little creepy, seeing the pictures, but very neat.
Ms. Tremblay eventually reconsidered. She was married on July 7 in the cemetery chapel and left her bouquet at her father's grave.

"I wanted my dad to be a part of the ceremony," she said. "It ended up meaning a lot to me."
Awww... Okay, too sweet.

I want my wedding at Minter Gardens. It is a beautiful, giant garden, with winding paths, hills, and so much to see that it takes at least four hours to see everything (you walk slowly, of course. Such a peaceful place...) The wedding "area" is really beautiful, too. No indoors box with stained glass for me. When I celebrate, I celebrate in Nature's church!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:40 am

That's gotta be expensive, CHL... But if you want you can help me find great places like that for my day! :lol:

No graveyards for me though... [-X
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:40 pm

No, really not that expensive! I've been checking out the prices, and it is anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000 (including buffet, etc) and the chefs are very willing to make special meals. Plus $2.50 per person attending.

Add dress (which I'm going to make!), etc. it goes up, but I think that Minter Gardens is where I definately want ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:39 am

Sapphire and I got married in the Yaddo Gardens.

http://yaddo.org/yaddo/YaddoGardens.shtml

It didn't cost too much, but we had to keep the guest list pretty small.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:21 am

Wow, those are really nice Davish!

We are getting married in my fiance's parents back yard, they have a very big and lovely house.

The reception is actually in an officers mess. It is a nice old historic building and since my SO's Dad is a retired major we get it for free.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Willow wrote:Wow, those are really nice Davish!

We are getting married in my fiance's parents back yard, they have a very big and lovely house.

The reception is actually in an officers mess. It is a nice old historic building and since my SO's Dad is a retired major we get it for free.
Free eh? Gotta love those fringe benefits of miltary service.

Yeah, the Gardens are really nice. Sapphire's spent a fair amount of time there and just absolutely loves it, so it made perfect sense.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:10 pm

Well, he does pay yearly dues...but oh well, he can eat there whenever he wants. And the bar is really cheap so it will help out too.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:34 am

$3000 including Food is pretty damn good! For most park or open areas here in Calgary, it's $3500 just to rent, usually minimum 75 guests and all food and drink is extra. Except for the devonian gardens... They charge you about $1000 for every extra hour above the first three... :-? It's insane over here!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews