For the Bush-haters

Now here's something to get steamed up about.

WHat do you think?

Absolutely rubbish. Garbage. TRASH. I HATE IT.
83%
Very good, with few errors.
17%

Total votes: 6

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon May 14, 2007 9:45 pm

Thanks davisherm.
I think you covered everything I was not able to write in my own words.

There is a reason why they nick name Bush, "King George Bush the Second."

The other day I saw the cover of either Time or Newsweek and it was something like looking for the next Truman. This is showing that We (as Americans) are now looking for someone to be the next "President of the People" instead of doing what Mr Bush wants in Mr Bush's war.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Re: My two cents. Well, more like ten cents....

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 15, 2007 3:57 am

Windwalker wrote: Do you honestly want to know how 90% of the people I know reacted to 9/11?
My first reaction?

"He's going to want to nuke someone for this".

Mahala wrote:
Thanks. I'm going to take a wild-shot, but your both from the U.K. ,right?
Last I did geography Aukland was in New Zealand, and California was EITHER U.S.A, OR a little village in central Scotland.
Last edited by Ragnar on Tue May 15, 2007 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue May 15, 2007 6:42 am

morgana wrote:Thank you Davisherm, you said everything I was trying to say, but in a better, more cohesive way. =D>
That was cohesive? :lol:
Lotus wrote:Thanks davisherm.
I think you covered everything I was not able to write in my own words.
I figured I couldn't be alone in the way I felt. Especially considering the president's current 28% approval level...

I'm just glad my long ramble made sense.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue May 15, 2007 9:36 am

Absolutely, it was very well said! :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."

fatale
Level 3
Level 3

Post by fatale » Wed May 16, 2007 6:09 am

Call me stupid, but me thinks - without war there is peace!

Anyway! I do not agree with the president on any point. I would not have voted for him, but he got elected by the american citizens (at least the second time he did)
While I somewhat understand the reasoning for going into Afganistan, I can not understand how he got away with sending the troops to Irak!
It was a stratgic mistake and it was a political mistake as well. He split the troops and lowered the manpower in Afganistan while alienating many of the US allies. Being from Germany, I know how at least the Germans felt after the attacks on 9/11/2001. There was heartfelt sympathy and best wishes and support and fear. But things changed quickly when President Bush turned a tragedy into an opportunity to start a war with Irak - be it for oil or just Daddy's unfinished business!
There were no actions, too little too late after the Katrina Hurrican Desaster, there weren't enough National Guard troops to help stabilize the region and to clean up! Why? They were all off stabilizing Irak - a country that was in (questionable) order before the president commanded the invasion.
That's the main points! But we can go on! Remember how Microsoft was considered a monopoly and is now forced into sharing certain technology. Well, look around - see all the phone companies merging? No monopoly position here?
What about his stand on abortion? While I'm glad women still have the right to have an abortion - many of President Bush' supporters are not! They are disappointed! rightfully - after all, abortion (or ban abortion) was a big deal in the pre-election debates!
And don't get me started on immigration!
Well, I immigrated to the US in 2002. I've heard my share of "go back to Germany, if you don't like it here" Let me make this clear - I did not immigrate to the US for any other reason but to get married to my husband. Since I speak english it made more sense for me to move here, than for him to move to Germany, since he does not speak German!
I'm thinking about becoming a US citizen, but I'm not sure if I actually want to be one!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 16, 2007 10:19 pm

fatale wrote:Call me stupid, but me thinks - without war there is peace!
Germany 1933 till 1939 was at peace. Ask the Jews that were here if that was true.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu May 17, 2007 7:12 am

Ragnar, I would have to say that one example (which I will admit is not solitary) cannot negate an entire idea.

You could argue that germany was at war against the Jews.

I think it depends how we define war, how we define peace, and if we talk in abstracts or examples.

I think peace without war is possible in abstract, however based on examples of how things are today, I don't think it is possible by example, maybe in the future.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)