Weird...

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu May 17, 2007 6:10 am

Ragnar, I think you'd be an amazing history teacher!! Kind of like my 11 & 12 history teacher, who insisted he was the reincarnation of Rasputin :badgrin:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu May 17, 2007 7:19 am

Hmm, that case worker is none to bright is she?

Did she then offer you a job as a halmark writer? That seems up her alley.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 17, 2007 12:15 pm

Did you tell your case worker that you liked kids so much you may even have a couple running around? :lol:

Oh no, the Wife was there... Don't want to get Uncle Ragnar in trouble. :-D

I guess that only leaves, "Of course, they're wonderful, especially roasted with green onions." :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 17, 2007 9:21 pm

Kitsune wrote:Did you tell your case worker that you liked kids so much you may even have a couple running around? :lol:
Nope. I haven't.

Aye Hallmark cards...."Moneys short, times are hard, heres your f****** christmas card." :lol:

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Fri May 18, 2007 5:20 am

That's great Ragnar! I'd buy xmas cards that said that! :lol:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 18, 2007 6:07 am

We have a regular poet!

I like it ^_^ If I bought cards, I certainly would buy that one! (Cards and me... don't get along :evil: )
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Fri May 18, 2007 7:10 am

Wow, I'd send that to my friends and family. It'd be hilarious! :lol:

Why dont you get along with cards CHL?
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 18, 2007 9:58 am

Cards are buyable love. You TELL people what you think, not pay Hallmark $5 to say it for you with fluffy cartoon faces. That $5 should go to poor kids in your city or at LEAST towards their present if the card would have gone along with it. They are just the most frivolous things.
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri May 18, 2007 5:15 pm

Amen Sister

I prefer black cards with great photos. Halmark is a bit too cheesy for me.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 18, 2007 11:51 pm

I refuse to buy ANY greetings cards for people that I see regular, or otherwise contact, here for example.

O.K, my Brother-in-law is away at sea at present, so I sent him a birthday card.

Other than that, if you are face to face, and still need to write it down, or even worse, have Hallmark write it down for you, then you really should examen your relation-ship.

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Mon May 21, 2007 4:19 am

I only use cards for those times when ya need to send something for holidays to your family (were not really close, thats why)
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 22, 2007 8:45 am

I use cards because in my family the cards were special, not the gifts... I still can't explain it, but until maybe two years ago, I still owned every card I'd ever recieved from the time when I was 11 and my grandmother gave me a card that was really touching. :oops:

So now, every year, I give cards along with gifts, in the silly hopes on instilling that sense of hope and understanding in another.

Yes, I could probally write my own cards and get that same sense, but my family (or at least my Mom) sorta looks down on anything handmade... :roll:

The idea being that if you only spent time on it and not money then you obviously didn't care (an idea instilled in the years of disapointment I got from making my mother a stone paperweight and other mother's day gifts when I was 12 or older and the look of disapointment that acompanied them, and of course the praise and pleasure in her gaze if I spent $10 bucks on something pretty like a statue that she'd never use :roll: )... I don't believe it for a second, and yet, I still find myself buying people monetary gifts in addition to personalized paintings for family that apprieciates them (like Grimwell! :-D )

Yeah, I know... :-( My families screwed up! :-?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 22, 2007 9:14 am

Your MOM looked down on handmade things??? Aren't mothers supposed to be the only ones you can make a stone paperweight for and have it be appreciated???

:hug: I will adopt you, Kitsune ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 22, 2007 9:33 am

You guys already have adopted me, remember Sister CHL... And Growly Uncle Ragnar! I love you guys!

And yes, my Mom looked down on the handmade stuff after she judged that I was old enough to start buying gifts :-?

What really confused me was two years ago, I let slip that I was painting canvas pictures for my Dad and Joe as gifts for Christmas... And she asked why she wasn't getting one... So I made one for her (on a real time budget, as I now had 3 full paintings to finish in just under 3 weeks!), and on christmas she said it was very nice, ohhh and awed over the $10 knick knack I bought her, and relegated the painting to the basement... My Dad hung his up in his bedroom and the only reason he took it down was because he ended up painting his room a couple months later and was really lazy in getting around to re-hanging stuff...

And then she wonders why I feel that creating stuff for her is a waste of time! [-X

Fortunately Joe and other family members (like you guys!) love my art and always make me feel appreiciated and loved! ;)

Speaking of which... When is your birthday CHL? I seem to remember end of summer, or am I mistaken? I'm heading into the
Abbotsford area to visit my Mom in October, so we might be able to fix our schedules to actually see each other this time! :-D

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue May 22, 2007 9:59 am

booo and hisss on that mycanadian cousin. but don't worry, all our families are messed up in heir own way. My mom always begs me to comehome and visit and spends the entire time complaining about how much I cost when I visit.

As for your art, maybe she doesn't know how to express it. Some people are just bad with emotions.

And paperweights are cool. I would love to see some art, have you posted it in the art forum ever?
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)