Weird...

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Weird...

Post by underlilith » Fri May 11, 2007 5:44 am

http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.asp?S ... enu149_2_8

Mickey mouse? what happened to you?...
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri May 11, 2007 11:49 am

LOL, did you see the John stuart version of this?

very funny, I think disney will be on their backs soon, Disney dislikes copyright violations.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Fri May 11, 2007 7:15 pm

Willow wrote:LOL, did you see the John stuart version of this?

very funny, I think disney will be on their backs soon, Disney dislikes copyright violations.
"You do NOT want to (&$% with Disney!" - Jon Stewart

That was hilarious. It's true though... you can shoot people, and burn effigies, but gods help you if you mess with Disney. They are rich and they are powerful, and they will crush you under their oversized novelty shoes! :lol:

I mean, obviously it's disturbing that they're feeding kids lines like "yay, let's all be martyrs!" and "kill the infidel scum" and so forth, but somehow that takes a backseat to the funny side... "bwahaha, Disney is going to squish you!".
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Mon May 14, 2007 4:50 am

Windwalker wrote:
Willow wrote:LOL, did you see the John stuart version of this?

"You do NOT want to (&$% with Disney!" - Jon Stewart

That was hilarious. It's true though... you can shoot people, and burn effigies, but gods help you if you mess with Disney. They are rich and they are powerful, and they will crush you under their oversized novelty shoes! :lol:

I mean, obviously it's disturbing that they're feeding kids lines like "yay, let's all be martyrs!" and "kill the infidel scum" and so forth, but somehow that takes a backseat to the funny side... "bwahaha, Disney is going to squish you!".
Lol! no, i havent seen stewart in awhile... that sounds hilarious

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon May 14, 2007 7:46 am

Me and Grimwell are hoping to head up there for a trip maybe next year or later on this year or something...

Disneyland here we come!

Mind you, that'll be AFTER we find a good price for it... :roll:

Apparently entertainment doesn't come cheap when it's delivered by a Rat! ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 15, 2007 3:55 am

I refuse to have anthing to do with Disney, since I fond out they are a shower of nazi ne're do wells.

They do not allow any one that works for them to have a beard.

Damn fascists.

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Tue May 15, 2007 4:12 am

What!? :-o

Are you seriouse?! They can't do that!... Can they?...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 15, 2007 4:20 am

Apparantly they can.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue May 15, 2007 5:23 am

theyw have a huge list of rules, there are certain shoes you can wear, only some workers are allowed to wear sunglasses. You are required to smile all the time. There are people who time how long cigarette butts lie on the ground before they are picked up by grounds people. More than a certain amount of time and they get in trouble.

Wierdest thing though, my freind was playing donald duck one summer. and he got so sick from heat stroke that he threw up, IN HIS MASK, and he wasn't allowed to leave until he had taken aphoto with every kid. They said he was responsible for hydrating himself.

Anyway, not a fan of disney, sexist, racist and fake, I'd rather got to he mountains
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue May 15, 2007 7:00 am

My friend played Goofy about 5 years ago and he tripped and fell on a piece of concrete that was jutting out from the sidewalk. He busted up Goofy's face. He got fired for scaring the children and then fined for repairs to the face. I told him he should sue for damages but he wasn't hurt at all.

Disney might make some good children's movies, but it's a heartless corporate machine with a penchant for cruelty toward its employees.

Happiest place on earth because if you don't smile, they fire you.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 15, 2007 12:03 pm

All right, so I'm a minority here, but I still like Disneyland. Considering a few of the places I've worked, they don't actually sound much worse. :-? :-(

I still want to go for one last trip... I got to go once when I was 16 and of course, I was constrained by parental units, (not even MY parental units :lol: ), and I'd like to go and see what I want and spend as much time as I want on the areas I like (And I want to see what they've added to the pirates of the carribean ride... Depp as Cap't Jack Sparrow, Yum! :pirate: )

Acually this summer will be our trip to the Mountains... We'll be taking at least 3 days off and heading into the Rocky Mountains to celebrate the Solstice with a REAL bonfire! :cheers: :sunny:

I can't wait! :clock:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Willow wrote:theyw have a huge list of rules, there are certain shoes you can wear, ....You are required to smile all the time.
I guess thats ME out of a job then;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Wed May 16, 2007 5:12 am

Kitsune wrote:(And I want to see what they've added to the pirates of the carribean ride... Depp as Cap't Jack Sparrow, Yum! :pirate: )
Wow... you just reminded me of my step-mother... *shudder*

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 16, 2007 5:37 am

LOL, not unless they open up an asterix themed park.

Besides, I doubt you would put up with crap from winey over sugared and over tired children.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 16, 2007 9:59 pm

As I have said before, I am waiting to see if I can get a Rehabilitation course. In the mean time, I am on "Welfare". So, every three months I have to go and see my "case worker".

She offered me a job teaching kids history, and wondered why my Wife burst into a fit of near hysterical snorts when she asked if I got on with kids. :lol: :lol: :lol: