Vermont Senate: Impeach the President

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Lucus Rose
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lucus Rose » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:29 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Votes count in an election with Bush?? Where did you hear such rubbish??!! Don't you know that the votes from the ghettos of the country get LOST? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Presidents can only serve 2 terms. BUT there are certain loopholes you can worm through in "Times of Crisis," which our friend GWB is so fond of creating...
Very true, Lady. Here is an article about one possibility.

What Would You Do If Bush Declared Martial Law?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-smil ... 41674.html

This prompted a poster on the ULC forum to ask, what would you do if an "incident" ocurred allowing a martial law declaration followed by indefinite postponement of the 2008 election?

Lucus

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:51 pm

This prompted a poster on the ULC forum to ask, what would you do if an "incident" ocurred allowing a martial law declaration followed by indefinite postponement of the 2008 election?
Well, the first thing I'd do as a Canadian, is utter a long list of profanities, Then, I'd look at it and ask myself if I honestly thought that Canada was going to be safe 2 years from now. Then, I'd be checking into "Living Australia" a lot more seriously than a currently am. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lucus Rose
Level 1
Level 1

Australia?

Post by Lucus Rose » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:12 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Well, the first thing I'd do as a Canadian, is utter a long list of profanities, Then, I'd look at it and ask myself if I honestly thought that Canada was going to be safe 2 years from now. Then, I'd be checking into "Living Australia" a lot more seriously than a currently am. :lol:
They have already stripped their citizens of the right to carry guns. You'd be a sitting duck.

Lucus Rose

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:13 am

Lucus Rose wrote:They have already stripped their citizens of the right to carry guns. You'd be a sitting duck.
Australia or Canada? Just a little confused.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:38 am

Sagewolf, somehow I missed your post about mine about your husband and friends in Iraq.

I must express now that I feel very badly for all of you who have friends and family overseas.
They have already stripped their citizens of the right to carry guns. You'd be a sitting duck.
Lucus Rose, if you are talking about Canada, we have very little gun violence here as opposed to America, although it is rising, I must admit. Our legislation on guns (used to be) strict. I think there are more ways to fight for your rights than guns and violence. The pen is mightier than the sword, mon ami.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lucus Rose
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lucus Rose » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:52 am

Jescissa wrote:
Lucus Rose wrote:They have already stripped their citizens of the right to carry guns. You'd be a sitting duck.
Australia or Canada? Just a little confused.
Australia. Sorry. #-o

Lucus

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:07 am

Uh oh, gun control debate coming on...

My theory, if the US decides to invade Canada, they won't do it with handguns. I will just move up to Iqaluit, I would like to see anyone chase me up there, well, maybe the Russians could deal with it.

Personally, I think that people should taught gun safety, but I don't like having them in houses, I respect other people's right to though, as long as they follow the locking laws (Amunition and Guns are to be stored in separate locked containers in Canada). My Mom stores her target rifles at the police station, its a free service in a lot of cities in Ontario.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:41 am

Yup, but they are much more friendly to Pagans. Heck they've got avowed pagan government leaders. From what I understand, the country was founded on "Christian Values"(perhaps not surprisingly, coming from a country created as a prison country for renegade English folk ;) ), but so long as you're not hurting anyone, follow whatever religious path you feel is right. Just don't try to force people to convert because your path is the "only" right path. (Or at least, that's my pagan friends over there say the atmosphere is like 8-) )

Besides, if I have to go into hiding, not only is Australia farther away, but it's warmer, too! :-D 8-)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:19 pm

Lucus Rose wrote:what would you do if an "incident" ocurred allowing a martial law declaration followed by indefinite postponement of the 2008 election?
Was that not the whole idea, meaning and reason to exist of "The right to bear arms"? To defend yourself from a Government taken over by a dictator?

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:01 am

Lucus Rose wrote:Australia. Sorry. #-o
No worries! :-D
I don't like the whole gun thing, there's no way I'd have even so much as an air rifle in my house. I'm so glad we can't get them as freely over here, we have more of a problem with knife crimes than gun crimes, especially in London. It's getting quite scary now.

Guns can only be used for one thing, whilst knives can be pretty useful. I know which one I'd choose to have on me.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men