Witch in detention in indefinite detention.......

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:37 am

Are you thinking like a pagan Hospice? I agree, more charity work couldn't hurt our reputation.

I wish there could be more dialogue, I think there are likely almost as many pagans as Jews out there, we could probably get quite a bit more acceptance.

As for pagan pride, I have never been to one. Its too bad that they haven't worked out for people.

Maybe once I am a professor I will organise an interreligious dialogue with pagans and some other religions.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:41 pm

Well not just a Pagan Hospice, but Pagans banding together to raise money for a cause like it. I mean, if they see us trying to do good, it makes an impression, and not just consciously.

I like the idea of classes and workshops better. There are those around, but not too many. Wouldn't fly in the southern states, but the charity idea might, while the charity idea wouldn't fly where I am but the classes would.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:50 am

I guess each community would need to do their own thing.

But speaking of organizations, did you know there is a Wiccan Church of Canada?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:45 am

I've heard of them, but I don't think that I've ever seen anything advertised. I do know that if you want a pagan marriage in Alberta you have to go to the Pagan Green Earth Church or something like that.

I think that the idea of a charity or something similar would be great. The only problem I have with classes is that the people who need to learn about this won't come if they have to pay. Apparently Albertans are cheap. #-o
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:02 am

Apparently? :lol:

Just Kidding, people are cheap every where. I think it comes down to the "should you have to pay for anything religious?" Question.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:40 am

Very true. On one hand, My time is worth something, so I'd like to get something back... but on the other hand, people just won't come if they have to pay for it...

Grrr. A dilemma indeed. Me, I like the idea of helping a wildlife rescue agency in Calgary. The only problem being that I would need to figure out not only time to do the charity, but also WHAT I would need to do to form a pagan charity.

Hmm, if i ever have spare time again, this will be something to look into...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews