Help! Help! I am being repressed!

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 03, 2006 11:01 pm

I would agree with most of what you say. I think we just come to different conclusions.

I am not talking about internal relations, rather international relations. Only the Arabs have an avowed policy to wipe another country off the map.

Would you have trusted Hitler with nukes?

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu May 04, 2006 5:42 am

I dont like the idea of my own country having nukes, much less any other country.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 04, 2006 6:24 am

Well said Kelreth.

Frankly I do not think ANY one knows enough about nuclear physics and effects, to play around with them.

We are still learning from Los Alamos, and most times coming to the wrong conclussions. #-o

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu May 04, 2006 9:17 am

I agree with both you guys, no one should have Nukes, and personally I think the leader of Iran should be dragged behind a truck by his jewels, but that is just my humble opinion.

The cold war should have been enough to let everyone know that nuclear armament is not the solution to world peace.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu May 04, 2006 9:36 am

Lol thats the least that should happen ot the Iran leader. Hes trying to get his entire country wiped out by Isreal. With no regard for the civs that just want to live their lives.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 04, 2006 10:01 pm

Willow wrote: The cold war should have been enough to let everyone know that nuclear armament is not the solution to world peace.
Well I would not entirely agree. It was the longest time that the world has not had a major war in recorded history.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri May 05, 2006 8:48 am

that's possible too

Maybe humans are just crazy?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 05, 2006 9:41 am

Now THAT I will agree on. :lol:

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Fri May 05, 2006 4:34 pm

Willow on a side note the Acadians did not get chased out of Canada, but where placed on boats. Men together women and children in a different one and sent 500 kilometers aways from each other.

Nukes then the Arabs and the media.

Nuclear armament is foolish, nah. It scares the s*** out of people; so, fear is a rather good solution for a insane race. Sadly where not insane just short sighted, or blind, sigh.

Arabians I think you have been all watching to much media, or maybe it's me not watching any; however my opinion differs greatly to some of yours...

They aren't evil, they're not good, they're human. Some of are extremist I could say that to a few people most being here in this forum. They're biased by the church (who wasn't) and wrongful teachings.

As for Iran's leader, what can I say his motives and methods are wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. I've noticed that people bash societies by there views, or people. And it makes me think "Easy to judge, hard to help". Has anyone tried to help his wrong views? Have they died? Did death frighten the others who wanted to help? Hey people are stupid, weak, corruptible and hard-headed. It is the challenges in life one must enjoy.

Media =} Watch all you can can, and don't accept any fully. Simple really. Information is like a circle, everything is a beginning and a end; so, you never see the entire thing.

My opinions are mixed let us say on this matter.
I might be weak and pathetic, lacking resolve and full of arrogance mistook for confidence. But am walking forward thus I can hold my head high.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri May 05, 2006 6:04 pm

Join the club... :-?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 05, 2006 10:34 pm

Tagwen wrote:Willow on a side note the Acadians did not get chased out of Canada, but where placed on boats.
Where they given the choice? If not then Willow's statement stands.
Tagwen wrote:Arabians I think you have been all watching to much media,
Not all. Berlin is full of middle easteners. In fact there are more Turks in Berlin than are in Ankara. And they are only too willing to tell you their views.
Some of are extremist
Any one who does not condemn their extreemism, supports it, even if only by default. I have NEVER heard an official statement from any middle east person or country, that condemns 9/11 out right. Ther fore they are all culpable.
Has anyone tried to help his wrong views?
What? Like all Hitler needed was a hug and a bit of sympathetic listening?
Have they died? Did death frighten the others who wanted to help?
You really ARE out of touch with the middle East huh?

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Sat May 06, 2006 5:32 pm

In touch with with the middle east? No am not.

However Ragnar when I said did they die I was referring to the the people who tried to help the Iran leader. I know that the average life of a woman is 40 years where she is expected to have like 10 kids, and in 90% of the case forced marriages. I know people get killed for there views.

I know a hug wouldn't have stopped Hitler (unless you hug him so hard his ribs break and perforate his lungs), but compassion has a power; no one can say otherwise (well you can but your idiot in my opinion).

Why can't medias just play some UFO clippings like the good old days...
I might be weak and pathetic, lacking resolve and full of arrogance mistook for confidence. But am walking forward thus I can hold my head high.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat May 06, 2006 7:07 pm

UFO's don't sell anymore

I think that pretty much sums it up

However if Aliens created a white house scandal, then it might make in on fox.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat May 06, 2006 7:20 pm

UFOs may not sell, but up here in Calgary, the big thing on our TV lately is all about historians "explaining" the bible. They had a thing on Moses and the 10 Invoked Devastation's and how they were accomplished, and we finally got to see the whole Judas thing... although it began with a warning "this show contains adult material" sort of thing. Nothing from what I could see, but I suppose just the religious information they were giving was considered so radical that "open-mindness" was required.

That's what I get though for living in Alberta's Bible Belt. :roll:

At least they're good enough here that most people simple don't care what religion you follow, so long as you're not pushing your beliefs on others.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 06, 2006 10:58 pm

Tagwen wrote: However Ragnar when I said did they die I was referring to the the people who tried to help the Iran leader..
You really REALLY know nothing of the Middle East, do you?:-? :-? :-?
Have you ever heard of spome one called Saddam Hussein?

Informants, Children getting parents arrested for "anti regime" views, Parents reporting their children for same, Secret police? Torture? execution of oponents? Gassing of whole villages? Genocide?

Well he was Kindergarten compared to Iran. NOW what do YOU think the result would be if someone went up to the Iranian Führer and offered "Understanding and sympathy for his errent ways"?
I know a hug wouldn't have stopped Hitler (unless you hug him so hard his ribs break and perforate his lungs),
Then why do you propose it for Iranian fascist leaders?
but compassion has a power;
I can assure you, the power of the torture cell, firing squad, and gas chamber is stronger.
Why can't medias just play some UFO clippings like the good old days...
The UFO's all got bought up by Haliburton. Now they are being used in Iraq, renamed "STEALTH"