Help! Help! I am being repressed!

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Ragnar

Help! Help! I am being repressed!

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:51 am

I do not know if U.S, Canadian etc, media is the same, but in Europe I am sick to the back teeth of the cowtowing, inparticular the BBC, do to the 9/11 hijakers.

Since 9/11, 75% of programmes on BBC radio are about either the "Middle East", or "muslims".

A FULL 90% manage to find a way to "just in passing" mention one of the two.

For example, there was a programme on this morning about preparations for this silly football thingy, that we are being plagued with at the moment. They interview a few people. Then what do they do? Go to a mosque to get the "muslim point of view"!!! :dontknow: :aww: :smt017

Music programmes, they NEVER fail to fit in a new arab group, or singer of some sort.

They were talking about plans for restarting nuclear power station building in Europe. What did they do? "Mr Alhalya Mustaffa K'rapp, the only muslim in the German parliament, sais...".

Architecture programmes. In the last ten, seven have been about new mosques.

A programme about Chinese ecconomics,"Proffessor Muststuffa Ali upyoors, from Tehran university" Is the guest speaker.

The Arch bishop of Wigan comes out with a theory on Unemployment Mr D'at Wasa Go' odnight, British muslim Member of Parliament, is asked for his views.

The list goes on. All the same, or similar.

IF the idea of 9/11 was to get the world's attention, then, as far as the BBC, and other European media go, the sniveling piles of :censored: :censored: won hands down.

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Mon May 01, 2006 6:15 am

Not so much in my part of the US, we're too busy arguing/cajoling/cowtowing/hating/favoring/whatever about the growing hispanic immigration issue. The middle east thing mostly turns up in cop shows on TV as the dashing heros stop dastardly terrorists in the nick of time. The real muslim population seems to mostly just keep its head down and avoid any undue attention.
"Obedezco pero no complo"

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 01, 2006 7:33 am

Hmmm. The BBC have excelled themselves tis week. A full week of "special programming" calle "Iran week". O.K, I am not complaining so much about news items, that IS where a lot of news is happening. But EVERY programme this week, whether music, environment, science, even sport, is going to be about Iran. #-o

Makes you wonder what side the BBC is on. :-?

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Mon May 01, 2006 11:54 am

Explaining the glories of Iran or that fact that its just a wolf in poorly made sheeps clothing
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 01, 2006 9:14 pm

Kelreth wrote:Explaining the glories of Iran
This could be a VERY short week on BBC.
or that fact that its just a wolf in poorly made sheeps clothing
Maybe, on the other hand, it could be a VERY long week.

But we all know which they will choose don't we? :-?

Latest news on this is that next month they are doing one of these "specials" about Saudi. #-o #-o

This is on TOP of what I wrote about in my first post. We still have everything I said there in the weeks between.

I wrote to the BBC about it, got an automated reply post back; "We have your letter, thank you". Since then they have not bothered to reply.

Typicaly ignorant British organisation.

Back to the second part of your quote; I heard that the Iranian president said something akin to "If the West attack us, even with nuclear weapons, we will destroy them".

What is worrying about that statement?

Am I shaking in my boots at the prospect of world domination by the Iranians?

Aye bloody right. :lol:

No, what I find worrying, is that they show by that, that they have absolutely not the slightest idea of what a nuclear weapon is, and can do. They appear to be treating them like some over large cherry bomb, that goes away once you get your hearing back.

THAT is why we do not want them to have nukes. Not because they are slimy evil git's*. But because it would be like handing a fully loaded Uzi, with no safety, to a 10 year old who thinks it's all "Rambo" and school yard games of tag.

* BEFORE any one gets on their high horse; How would YOU describe a country that constantly expresses the desire to wipe Israel of the map?

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue May 02, 2006 8:52 am

Any country that publicly says it wants to destroy Isreal is insane. Not only could Isreal take out that country, but it would take the rest of the Middle East with it.

That is why I am afraid of them getting nukes, WW3 or them selling a nuke to some nutjob who then uses it on the West.

Dont care if they have nuclear power, good for them, just not nukes.

I hate the media, most of them are spineless slugs out to make money, regardless of who gets hurt or why.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 02, 2006 9:41 am

Kelreth wrote: Dont care if they have nuclear power, good for them, just not nukes.
Trouble is, there are too many Russian scientists out there, who are willing to sell their knowhow, and would find it easier to make nukes than civil power. PARTICULARLY considering that Iran has NOT gone for the Uranium option on power, but the Plutonium.

WHY? It is cheaper, easier and more efficient to use uranium.

IF ALL YOU WANT IS POWER.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue May 02, 2006 1:42 pm

Are there only two sides?

The media has always ticked me off as they have to appeal to the lowest common denominator and write what sells or else they are out of work.

Iran, scary but there is such a disconnect, the leader is a nut but so many of the individual people are peace loving.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue May 02, 2006 6:38 pm

yes they are peacful

but unfortunatly when you have a crazy leader like iran (or US) the general populaces wants get pushed aside. add in the fact that iran has theocratical leaders, who some of them most liekly want to see isreal dead. does not make for a very peaceful country.

saying there are only two sides is like saying a circle has a corner.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 02, 2006 10:37 pm

Willow wrote:Iran, scary but there is such a disconnect, the leader is a nut but so many of the individual people are peace loving.
Hmm Yes, so peaceful the had one of the most bloody reveloutions since the Russians and Chinese.

Also, a President does NOT threaten the whole world with annihalation, unless he can be sure that his population support that view.

How much is "many"?

200 300? out of a population of 76,4 million?
Pig's head thrown into TA mosque
Reuters August 20, 2005

A severed pig's head was found on Friday in the yard of the Hasan Bek mosque in southern Tel Aviv.

The head was wrapped in a red and a black kafiyah and the words "the prophet muhammed" were scrawled onto the skin.

Police launched an investigation into the incident, Army Radio reported.

Leaders of the Islamic Movement in Jaffa said the act was a flagrant attack on Muslims and added that if police fails to act, the area could reach a boiling point.

During the clashes, a Palestinian youth was seriously wounded after a group of far right activists attempted to lynch him.
How many people were killed over a few cartoons?

How many propertys were destroyed?

van Gogh.

9/11, which has STILL not been condemned by any Arab, or Persian, or Turk, that I, or any one I have spoken to, have heard.

Ham-ass

Mujah hadeen

London

Madrid

Yes Willow I had just been noticing how "peaceful" and "rational" these people are.

Some good upstanding citizens that we can REALLY trust with nukes hmmm?

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed May 03, 2006 12:00 am

Ok, so most middle easterners are nut jobs, but we shouldn't just waste them all, surely they can be useful for something, like driving taxis, or baking bread. We have tons of little retard kids, but we don't drown them in burlap sacks, we teach them to mop floors and bake cupcakes, so if we can just contain them all and keep them busy all day counting beans or something similar, then I think that might solve it. And before any one gets mad, if you have a better idea, then I'd like to hear it, and remember, if we kill them all, who's gonna dig the hole to bury them? Another thing to take into account, pretty soon america's not gonna have many mexicans left, so we're not gonna have aliens to spare for digging holes in the sand, we're gonna need them for those taco vans. Ummm, tacos...*looks around for something tasty*

Back on topic, I think I've already expressed my opinion about how I hate the news and if by chance I see or read something of interest, I write it down and then around 2 in the morn when I can't sleep, I do tons of research on the subject. On a side note, when I argue with ppl, if they make the mistake of saying something that sounds like they got it off the news, I ask them if they watch Fox, or CNN, or something similar and if they say yes, I tell them that their opinion is no longer valid and just walk away. LOL :lol:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 03, 2006 12:37 am

I do not think any one was suggesting killing them in the Middle East. OR that they were stupid.

My impression is that they are, IN A GROUP, just emotionaly immature, and eratic.

Hel, I spent last weekend playing soldiers, and I spend most summer weekends doing the same. SO you may say I am immature as well.....YES, and I love it.

But I know where the game stops, and maturity should take over.

I would request none of you consult my bank manager about that last statement. :lol:

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed May 03, 2006 1:22 am

If you guys weren't suggesting killing them, then what were you gonna do with them? You weren't gonna eat them, were you? O__o Just curious.

And I'm all for war games, and back yard brawls, and standing up for your self, but destroying entire nations like you're doing them a favor is going too far, and I don't care who's doing it. War isn't something that should be taken lightly and that seems to be happening a lot lately with the U.S. and the middle east. I think all us states dwellers should boycott and move to Canada! :lol:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 03, 2006 1:49 am

forgotten oceans wrote:If you guys weren't suggesting killing them, then what were you gonna do with them? You weren't gonna eat them, were you? O__o Just curious.
Well. MOST of the meat I eat is allready dead. So I guess it is the same thing.

Have YOU ever tried to bite the leg off a live rhinoscerous? :roll:

Na. Just stop allowing our "news" company's from showing, or presenting, nothing but middle bloody East crap all the time.

You know. They always complain they want representation proportionate to their numbers in the population.

AYE, I go with that. Then we would have about 80% less coverage about them, and their desert hovels, than we do now. =D>

O.K, as far as I am concerned christians are just as much a Middle Eastern invader as the muslims, and deserve equal derrission.

BUT in the last few years the god slot on BBC radio, has been more than 50% muslim. What ever happened to the BBC's profile of showing a "christian world view"? It is STILL in their charter.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 03, 2006 5:13 pm

How much is "many"?
Here is the thing...
when you list stats like that any race or genre of people becomes bad

Canada, in our tiny population
Turned away a boat full of Jews during world war two.
Took away the identity of an entire people (Native Americans)Abused them. raped them, killed them, took their lands and their spirituality because it was "uncivilized"
Chased another group of people (acadians) into the US
Banned all Asian immigration after over 3000 Chinese died making a railway (yes we brought it back but some families still haven't been reunited)
Shot down a boat full of Sikh women and children in the 1940s
Mass murders have been committed on innocent citizens, And there is still a huge amount of racism, white supremacist groups. I can line up stats that make us seem like the most terrible people in the world. Same for any country:

Sudan
Rwanda
China
India and Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Israel
Palestinians
Libya
South America
Russia
And lets not forget the US of A

Every country and every people group has its bloody history. Using the nut jobs and the "groupthink" that pervades in Iran as a way to classify all people from Iran. Is as silly as saying all Germans are (were) bad because of the Holocaust (please don't take that as a personal blow).

The fact of the matter is there are evil people in every ethnic group. Psychologically it is very easy to group all Muslims into a "Them". The other countries had bloody revolutions and people become desperate, it doesn't excuse it but to limit the criticism to one group only without searching for roots is a little dangerous. If those flaws become inherent to the race or the religion, is that not another form of Eugenics? Even if it is just the religion, evil has been done in the name of almost every religion, unspeakable evils.

I don't condone their actions, but I fear with all my heart labeling an entire people as "Something" because that can lead to justifying a lot of things that shouldn't be justified.

As for the media...I agree there should be equal coverage, but it is again, what sells. Fortunately Ragnar, you are smart enough to question it, and probably send a fist shaking letter. And bring it up on discussion boards like this one so more people know to think critically about what they see.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)