Combating the radical gay penguin agenda

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Combating the radical gay penguin agenda

Post by Librarian » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:59 pm

It's good to see we've solved all other problems...

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/03/07/rad ... in-agenda/
A children’s book “about two male penguins who raise a baby penguin” has been removed from the kid’s section of two public libraries after complaints it had “homosexual undertones.” The book is “based on a true story of two male penguins, named Roy and Silo, who adopted an abandoned egg at New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the late 1990s.”

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:41 pm

yup good to see people still utterly unaccepting of a natural act

besides, animals cant be gay/straight, they dont have culture in teh sense that we it of and thus can not tell the difference between gay/straight. Making all of the peopel who complain homophobes, and they will most likely start a campgain to end homosexuality in animals....
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:05 am

Wow,
what a colossal waste of energy.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:49 am

hmm i wonder if they are going to ban a book from their librarys that shows two males sperm whales engaging each other? I know that librarys have a book with that, I dont honeslty remember the name though
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:29 am

besides, animals cant be gay/straight, they dont have culture in teh sense that we it of and thus can not tell the difference between gay/straight.
Not true.

Some female Japanese Macaques will not copulate with a male, only females.

To be honest, most animals are bi. You can see this in groups of young lions before they have a pride of their own, in deer family members during rutting season, and, often, in your own animals at home.

So why it was dubbed an unnatural act damned by god? I can't really fathom it, except maybe because the monogamy thing and it was a waste of good genes back then. Why it continues after the threat of the extinction of a community has gone? "Oh, animals have no souls." This to me seems the most damned. To be born without a soul? Worse than Hell, because it is said that the worst thing about Hell is not seeing god. How could you see and appreciate god without a soul? If I was an animal, I'd be very angry with fundie Xianity. ;) Luckily, they know it's not true.

I believe animals are full of wisdom, that they know the intimate secrets of the universe, if not consciously. In every cell it is prominant. I have always had this belief. That was my major reason for leaving Xianity.

Wow, tangent. Oh well. Using my 1121 post well.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:12 pm

arg, ok ill try to rephrase cause im inchoerent half of the time:

animals can not be gay/straight/bi

such things do not exist in the natural world

animals are simply animals

they mate to procreate, there "preference" as humans like to call it means nothing

the act of procreation fullfills part of their lifes goal, by doing this their species continues one

I honestly havent understood yet why homosexuality was condemned by the church, there are parts of the bible, but nothing really beyond that, no reasoning, no logic that i have found yet.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:12 pm

they mate to procreate, there "preference" as humans like to call it means nothing

the act of procreation fullfills part of their lifes goal, by doing this their species continues one
mwa ha ha
I can argue against this

There are animals with preferences, and do not just mate for procreation. Mind, it's the more intelligent animals that mate for reasons other than reproduction, but still, it happens. Dolphins, apes, and monkeys have all been noted for mating for what would appear to be emotional reasons. Other "less intelligent" animals mating for reasons other than reproduction have been for what would appear to be a display of dominance. ;)

So, with animals such as dolphins, apes, and monkeys, it would appear that the act of mating goes beyond a simple primal need. In their case "preference" does mean something.

:lol: I'm difficult. If I have mininterpreted what you have tried to say, I am sorry.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:39 pm

no your just pointing out holes that i disregarded for simplicity

it is funny though how dolphins and chimps mate for the emotions of it

wonder when fundies will try to stop "non-marital" sex among other speices

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Both male and female homosexuality occurs in animals; probably more often than most people would think.

Homosexuality is not anything to do with culture, but it is genetic (or mainly so, anyway).

The gene responsible (or one of the genes, anyway)for male homosexuality in humans has been identified.

According to evolutionary theory, of course, a gene for homosexuality should be eliminated by natural selection. But it turns out, that the gene manifests itself in both men and women as a strong attraction to men. Whilst in men that may well mean that they are homosexual, in women it means that (on average) they have more children than other women. And by that mechanism the gene persists in the population.

As far as I know, the gene (or genes) for female homosexuality is yet to be identified.

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:18 pm

One would think it would be pretty obvious it's not a cultural thing. Raised in a society where gays are beaten senseless, well, it woudn't occur so often if it was cultural, would it?

I am reminded of The Laramie Project right now... They have banned that in schools now!!!! That's worse than the darn male couple penguins!!! :evil:
Crazy Healer Lady

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:54 pm

So it is genetic. Thats new I ahve never heard of that before

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:39 am

What's the Laramie Project?

And I've had lots of gay pets, both male and female. My gramma has a house dog that has it's 'special' stuffed rabbit. That dog has more sex then I do, she goes at it about twice a day.

Rain Forest that's really interesting, I didn't know that about the gene thing. I just thought it was, like it is what it is. The evolution thing though I kinda figured, with over population going on and all, but I never really stopped to think about genetics. We had cows that were gay and several dogs, but I always thought it was because the numbers were really slanted, like more males then females or vice versa. I always just thought it was adaptation, product of their environment kinda thing.

So gay is a gene that makes you want more males, so then would girls being gay be the lack of or absence of the gay gene? :-k
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:41 am

The homosexuality as a gene would raise hell, almost literally. I have to find out now

They banned teh Laramie Project?! That played at my high school a few years ago.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am

What's the Laramie Project?
It's a play about a gay boy who was murdered in Laramie, Wyoming.
On October 7, 1998, a young gay man was discovered bound to a fence in the hills outside Laramie Wyoming, savagely beaten and left to die in an act of brutality and hate that shocked the nation. Matthew Shepard's death became a national symbol of intolerance, but for the people of Laramie the event became deeply personal, and it is their voices we hear in this stunningly effective theater piece.

Moisés Kaufman and fellow members of the Tectonic Theater Project made six trips to Laramie over the course of a year and a half in the aftermath of the beating and conducted more than 200 interviews with people of the town. From theses interviews as well as their own experiences, Kaufman and the Tectonic Theater members have constructed a deeply moving theatrical experience. The Laramie Project chronicles the life of the town of Laramie in the year after the murder, using eight actors to embody more than sixty different people in their own words - from rural ranchers to university professors. The result is a complex portrayal that dispels the simplistic media stereotypes and explores the depths to which humanity can sink and the heights of compassion of which we are capable.
- http://www.tectonictheaterproject.org/L ... aramie.htm
Crazy Healer Lady

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:05 am

Ohhhhh. Hey, they run that on MTV every now and again, I watched about half of it. They really banned it? But some how Passion of the Christ is fine.... Snuff good :thumbup: , gay bad.... :smt096 ..... :roll:

* Wow, most everything one needs to say can be done in smilies, COOL!!!!*
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me