and they wonder why people are growing to hate them.....

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:55 am

Kelreth wrote: I think that 9/11 blow everything up, no pun intended either. They wanted to draw attention and sympathy to their cause. WEll they did draw some, but mainly they drew resentment and hate. As other peopels started to study their relilgion and find it full of hate and killing infidels and such. And found it repuslive. Blowing stuff of rarely garners sympathy that is long lasting, mainly because those that back you will have their familes blwon up a few weeks later. Just blows my mind how brain washed peopel can be over dogma
But, on another level, they have been spectacularly successful:

They have changed the way our society operates.
They have made us surrender a lot of personal freedom that we used to have.
They have made us change our thinking.
They have managed to make us more like them.....

The negative long-term influence of these things will be massive.

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:27 am

Well, as far as the BBC goes, they won. Since 9/11, EVERY day there are at least four or five programmes on about "muslims" or The Middle East.

That does NOT include the news! But things like art programmes, 3 in 5 are "Muslim art in Africa", or "muslim art in Britain" or...or... Music programmes, "The mulim influence on kurdish music", or a hundred other similar titles.

Then there are the current affairs programmes, "Where does islam go from here" etc, etc.

Now, in the run up to the last G8 summit in Edinburgh, the focus of the world media went to Africa, and debt relief etc. What happens after two weeks of that? Like a 4 year old finding there is a new baby in the house, in a foot stamping fit of pique,throws the cat through the bathroom window, then screams till it's sick, the mulims bomb the London underground.

NO ONE will convince me that those bombs were anything other than jealousy at the world having the cheek to ignore them for a few minutes.
Rain ForestMoon wrote:They have managed to make us more like them.....
Nothing personal. But speak for your self. I can assure you it has not made us Norse Heathens more like them. Exactly the opposite, in fact.

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:20 am

Ragnar wrote: ...........Nothing personal. But speak for your self. I can assure you it has not made us Norse Heathens more like them. Exactly the opposite, in fact.
I'm not so sure. Looking at your Signature Line,
"Wenn meine Feinde nicht wissen, daß ich ihr Feind bin, dann habe ich nicht genug daran gearbeitet!"
one might easily form the opinion that you and them went to the same school. ;)

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:56 am

Rain ForestMoon wrote: They have managed to make us more like them.....
welll........i am an arse when i get pissed off and all this did was focus some unbridled anger floating around towards a new target. No religious reaons at all, just dont like random backwards peopel blowing the crap out of things they prolly think a god made cause they coudlnt do it them selvs.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:26 am

"Wenn meine Feinde nicht wissen, daß ich ihr Feind bin, dann habe ich nicht genug daran gearbeitet!"
That certainly seems to be their motto, now doesn't it? Not the Norse, but the Bush Admin.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:28 am

Na. Considering it is a quote from Gerhard von Scarnhorst (just before the battle of Großgörschen 1813), regarding Napoleon and the French, then I think THEY may have stolen it, not us.

I actualy use it to refer to Norse Heathen attitude to christians, AND any other monothiestic tradition.

As I have said many times WE DO NOT HIDE.

How can you fight if you hide from the enemy? Basically, if some one annoys you tell them. To do other wise is to be a coward. ;)