"Revisionist"historian faces gaol

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:27 pm

Ragnar wrote: 5) Local rag heads being "offended" by "Mini skirts" or bikinis, was ONE of the reasons for the Sydney riots, I believe?
That was caused in part by the lebanese gangs on sydney beaches hassling girls to cover up and calling them whores etc. They then beat up two life guards on the beach who tried to intervene.

Having said that though, most of the acutal violence and trouble started when the local white boys staged a beered-up protest in favour of "australian values" and then started beating the piss out of anyone who wasn't white. Not very clever, but all in all a difficult situation.

I do agree that the fluffy bunny approach of "oh, no, there's no trouble here at all, we all get along perfectly" is a bloody stupid way to go about solving difficulties. And, as you said, it only fuels further hatred and division, even encouraging neo nazi :censored:-tards (I now love that emoticon) to start trouble.

People need to recognise the differences and the problems, and set the same standards across the board for all parties. And make it clear that there can never be sharia law in place for certain sections of the population, while the rest of us follow our own laws. Human rights must be protected.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:05 pm

lesbian gangs? thats a first to hear
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:29 pm

Go and put your glasses on, and take a cold shower Kelreth.
Scoia wrote:And make it clear that there can never be sharia law in place for certain sections of the population, while the rest of us follow our own laws.
"Go elsewhere for sharia law: Costello

February 23, 2006

ANYONE who believes Islamic sharia law can co-exist with Australian law should move to a country where they feel more comfortable, Treasurer Peter Costello said today.

All Australian citizens must adhere to the framework in society which maintains tolerance and protects the rights and liberties of all, he said. It is a pre-condition for citizenship of Australia.
Mr Costello was giving a speech on the meaning of Australian citizenship to the Sydney Institute.

"There is one law we are all expected to abide by," Mr Costello said.
"It is the law enacted by the Parliament under the Australian Constitution.
"If you can't accept that, then you don't accept the fundamentals of what Australia is and what it stands for."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18 ... 77,00.html

It's about time the worlds politicians told it "how it is". Britain, however, seems to be going for the opposite option.

I would like to know what brought up this point in Oz. Have they been suggesting wanting "sharia law" there as well, Scoia?

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:02 pm

Ragnar wrote:Go and put your glasses on, and take a cold shower Kelreth.
Uhhh....???? Ok????? :smt108
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:33 am

Lebanese, mon ami, not lesbian. This was not a typo :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:05 am

That was a funny mess up....

As for this whole debate I find it incredibly frustrating.

Ontario recently banned all religious courts and I must say I am glad, I don't think that two parallel systems have a good chance of working,
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:39 am

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

uhhhhh

ok so im an idiot at times...... :roll:

lebanase? hmm muslim maybe? I think there might just be a trend in this issue ragnar

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:02 pm

Kelreth wrote: lebanase? hmm muslim maybe?
Well. the Lebenon is prety evenly divided between muslim/christian/couldn't care lessian. (THATS A DOUBLE "S" KELRETH :-D )

But in reference to Australia, yes, I am affraid so.

Strange. Turkey is a secular country. Why do they all seem to be muslim when they arive here?
Willow wrote:Ontario recently banned all religious courts and I must say I am glad, I don't think that two parallel systems have a good chance of working,
Ha? For those of us not having the good luck to live in Canada,(even given terry toweling P.J's :-D ) could you please explain "religious courts"?

It is the first I have heard of these in relation to Canada. :-?

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:58 am

Ragnar, you know a little something on the Turkish ppl? Are they all so pushy? I met one not to long back and he got real pushy for information like phone number and address and not taking no for an answer. Any info would be appreciated, thank you. :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:40 pm

Ragnar wrote: I would like to know what brought up this point in Oz. Have they been suggesting wanting "sharia law" there as well, Scoia?
When questioned as to anti social behaviour (eg: telling women to cover up or face beatings, etc), many extremist muslim groups have defended their actions by saying that they follow sharia law first, Australian law second.

As much as I loathe Costello (so so so so very much ), I agree that anyone who really wants to live under sharia law should move to a country where it is in place. You cannot move to a country and expect their laws to change because of your religion.

And on another note, the Turks have never been historically known for shying from any religious conflicts. :P
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:36 pm

scoia wrote: When questioned as to anti social behaviour (eg: telling women to cover up or face beatings, etc), many extremist muslim groups have defended their actions by saying that they follow sharia law first, Australian law second.

As much as I loathe Costello (so so so so very much ), I agree that anyone who really wants to live under sharia law should move to a country where it is in place. You cannot move to a country and expect their laws to change because of your religion.
So were do we throw them? There are plenty in the US, I know more in France and most likely europe. So what place. Hmmmm.

Antartica?

no one else lives there, plenty of food

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:47 pm

Kelreth wrote: So were do we throw them? There are plenty in the US, I know more in France and most likely europe. So what place. Hmmmm.

Antartica?

no one else lives there, plenty of food
*eyebrow raise* I don't know what point you're trying make, but:

There's this large area of land called the middle east. There are quite a few people there who follow sharia law. I think that's what people had in mind.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:49 pm

Ooooooooo

ok

well now we just need to get the rest of the sharia followers out of non-middle east countries. then make a BIG wall

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:36 am

Thanks Scoia.

Na, at first Ithought you meant like in U.K, where they have actually STARTED to demand articles of sharia law are brought in.

As yet the "Government" has resisted. But dear Topny has elactions coming up soon, and they RELY on the muslim vote! #-o

IF he does anything like allowing bits of sharia, the country will explode. The far right have allready increased numbers drasticaly since these cartoons.

Forgotten Oceans. ALL Turks, without fail, think they are allahs gift to women, driving, lots of jewlery, and small bits (Both between ears, and between ...oh, YOU know what I mean. :roll: ).

They are the EPITOMY of the gender, and generation who's motto was "When a woman says no, she means maybe".

People say "you can not generalise about a race". HERE you deffinately can. They are ALL like that, without fail. Also, as it actualy states in sharia law, not in trhese words but;

"Any muslim may marry a non muslim woman, but NO muslim woman may marry a non muslim man". That goes for boy friend/girl frtiend as well.

I have heard them taking at work. They ALL see white women as "easy", "whores", etc, and thats exactly the way they treat them. Beware.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:01 am

I've heard stories of what happens when someone who grows up in the West marries someone from the Middle East. They are forced to convert, then they are forced to move back to the Middle East. Where they become the husbands property for all intensive purposes. Even if the mother escapes, the children could be stuck in the other contries.

:evil: that type of crap just pisses me off :evil:

fricking fundies