"Revisionist"historian faces gaol

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:44 am

Ragnar wrote:
Rain ForestMoon wrote: It would be interesting to know how much of this is ethnic cultuire (Turkish, in this case) and how much of it is due to Islam. It might even be impossible to know, because there would have been a lot of cross-fertilisation over the centuries.
I would agree to some extent. But conclussions can be drawn. For example;

Turkey has a constitution that specificaly forbids aranged marraige

Sharia demands it.

Murder is as against the law in Turkey, for whatever reasaon, as it is in U.S, Canada, Germany etc.

Sharia is FULL of being able to kill for this and stone for that.

The "honour killings" are seen as justified in all muslim lands.

Most non muslim lands had never even HEARD of them, before we were told.

These are a few example of the top of my head. But my conclussion is, that it is muslim belief, and not Turkish culture that is to blame.

In Egypt, Arabia etc, the religion is indestinguishable from the "culture". As it is in ANY country that accepts sharia law. Turkey does not.
Loud of crap, at least Xians have the sense of mind (most of them) to not take certain parts of hteir texts literally.

Sharia welcomes violence? But that goes against everything islam stands for, well what people say it does at least. I found a site that showed what Islam was based off of and according to it, all muslims who kill non-muslims are going striaght to hell becuase they just killed mohomad. Now try to explain that to one of them without getting your head cut off...

http://www.the-islam-way.com/?=intro
Prophet Mohamed said: 'Whoever persecuted a non Muslim or took work from him beyond his capacity, or took something from him with evil intentions, I shall be a complainant against him on the Day of Resurrection.' And he said: 'One who hurts a non - Muslim, he hurts me, and one who hurts me, hurts God.' (Hadith)
stupid fundies
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:02 am

forgotten oceans wrote:Also you will be pleased to know that she made number 3 on the 100 worst British ppl list. :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye. She also destroyed the Unions. She had a brilliant idea of allowing people to buy their council (public) housing. O.K lots of people took her up on the offer. Most (90%) of these were working class, and had jobs with strong trade union affiliations.

THEN they realsied that if they went on strike, they could not afford the mortgage repayments. Hence the Unions lost their only serious weapon.

On top, she made it law that you did not HAVE to be a union member, wheras before, it was, sort of, compulssory. Remember unions do a lot more than argue for more pay. They are a great "social work" provider as well. So the workers power was lost, their unions were virtualy made bankrupt, the social clubs, sports clubs and all that went, due to lack of money. (Because their only money comes from membership fees). Health advice, medical help, legal advice and services, Kindergartens etc, etc, all were lost. Because people chose not to join, because, basicaly, they realised that the unions could not help any mopre. Why bother?

Therefore no money, therefore no Union.

THEN the events I described in my last post started.

IF she had tried that when people could strike, she would have been history in weeks.

One evil, keniving wee b..i..t..c..h.

P.S, "she made number 3 on the 100 worst British ppl list." Who were 1 and 2?

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:41 pm

Oh dear, I'd forgotten the can of worms you open if you mention Thatcher to almost any any european.

A disgrace to her sex, her nation, even her species. I do tend to use her an an example though when people go on the "if only women were in charge, the world would be perfect" rant.

Looking over thatcher's policies again reminds me of how similar she was to our current Australian Liberal Gov. :cry:

I wanna move to Norway.
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:46 pm

scoia wrote:Oh dear, I'd forgotten the can of worms you open if you mention Thatcher to almost any any european.
:lol: Yes, she is NOT well liked. Allthough Reagan fans in the U.S thought she was great.
scoia wrote:I wanna move to Norway.

Try applying for Trömsö Uni. Great place. But get used to WILD partys, which in the summer, last ALL night. Because there is no night. It does tend to throw the body clock out a wee bit.

There is nothing like sitting on the cliff at Nordkapp (Furthest Northern (mainland) point in Europe), and meditating on the fact there is NOTHING between you and the (Cartographic) North Pole, except a few bitty islands.

Also beware of polar bears and wallruss. :-D (SERIOUS!)

Oh! and if you feel a little home sick, they have wallabys and roos at Trömsö zoo. ;)

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:18 pm

Ragnar wrote: Try applying for Trömsö Uni. Great place. But get used to WILD partys, which in the summer, last ALL night. Because there is no night. It does tend to throw the body clock out a wee bit.
Oh yeah, you get months of sunlight then months of darkness don't you? I think I'd deal better with the dark then the light, at least you can get some sleep and dose up on vitamin D pills if you start getting crazy.
Ragnar wrote: Also beware of polar bears and wallruss. :-D (SERIOUS!)
Really? Because I warn tourists of "drop bears" and "hoop snakes" when I think I can get away with it as well. :lol:

If you are serious, I tihnk a walrus coming at me would rank as terrifying. Those beasties are HUUGE. Be like getting body slammed by 500 kilos of meat/muscle.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:55 pm

Well. Polar bears CAN get to Norway's mainland. BUT in the last couple of years it's the old story of there not being enough ice, for them to cross.

But THEN you have European black bear and brown bear as well. They live there. So thats something else to bear....(Oh DAMN...Sorry.:roll:) BARE in mind.

Wallruss deffinately. Not many, but we used to see four or five a month on the mainland.

In fact the only animals that are "safe" in Norway, are SOME of the sheep. :-D

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:30 am

Ragnar wrote: In fact the only animals that are "safe" in Norway, are SOME of the sheep. :-D
That should make Norway far more attractive to Kiwis, rather than Aussies..... ;)

Seriously, though: Norway is just magic. I remember (many years ago) driving up to Trondheim (not sure if the spelling is correct). It was an almost spiritual experience.....

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:42 am

Tony Blair made first and in second was Jordan. Out of interest, a song about Thatcher came on the radio at a restaurant I was at today. Something about not working on Maggie's farm/garden today or something of the likes. I just thought that was cool. ;)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:59 am

Hey Socia,
I was warned about drop bears and hoop snakes. I never saw one.
I like to warn tourists about the fierce beaver! Its tail is actually a razor Sharp blade you know....
;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:45 am

AYE! and haggis are wee furry things that you go hunting for in June. :-D :-D

Rain ForestMoon, spelling is perfect.

"That should make Norway far more attractive to Kiwis, rather than Aussies..... Wink"

And/or Welsh. :lol:

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:02 pm

Oes rhaid i chi sarha Cymreig, Ragnar?

{sound of thrown gauntlet hitting the ground}

:finga:
"Obedezco pero no complo"

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:36 pm

Willow wrote:I was warned about drop bears and hoop snakes. I never saw one.
Yeah. They're very, er, rare. *coff*

:lol:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:56 pm

Grumpy wrote:Oes rhaid i chi sarha Cymreig, Ragnar?
You can't deny that Wales has a lot of sheep. :-D

Tell me, I have always been curious as to how on Earth you can TELL that a Welsh person is dyslexic? Or are there actual rules to the spelling? :roll:;)
Scoia wrote:Yeah. They're very, er, rare. *coff*
As is the lesser spotted haggis. Which only comes out of it's burrow for two hours every 29 February, when it falls on a Saturday and is full moon. But they're worth the trouble as the meat is really good when cooked. :roll: