Muslim Cartoons

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:05 am

If by ideas you mean teaching a lesson yes. All that article about what happened in Canada did is piss me off.

once again

.....i.....hate....idiots.....

we really should get them banned
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:27 am

Hmm. I just feel that we have been fighting for OUR rights for 2000 years.

Two weeks of violence, and threatening such, gets SOME people whatever they want.

Now, if I was THAT sort of person, I may just start thinking that we have been doing it wrong for 2000 years.

But os COURSE, we should NOT resort to the tacticts of the uninformed and uneducated to win our ways.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:08 am

So now the Iran people are calling for cartoonists to make cartoons about the Holocaust to "test" the West's views on free speech.

Why does it feel like I'm watching the fight of two four year-olds??
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:41 am

Can we bomb the Etoli and President of Iran now? Please? They want a fricking war...
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:10 am

They just do not seem to be able to wrap their heads around the idea, that the "holocaust" dealt with real people, and real events. Some of those real people still alive and kicking.

Where as any religious book deals only with figments of the imagination.

INCLUDING OURS. IF we can be said to have a "religious book", which we do not.

Of course, the P.C lot wouldn't DARE to point THAT out to them now would they? Because, besides the fact that "pussy footing" seems to be their only tactic, that would mean, as most of them appear to be the followers of said, or similar, books, they would be pulling their own appart as well.

It's about time these idiots were told a few home truths about the FACTS of life, and not those wild drug crazed scribbles that appear to be their only grip on their "sanity".

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:55 am

Little late to this topic, but one thing that did catch my eye was -
.....were reprinted across Europe in a show of press freedom.
They chose THAT in a show of press freedom?!?!?! How stupid can you honestly be?? Everyone complains about how much freedom the press gets (and how bias they are) yet when they show the extent to which they will choose to show their freedom, they use something that will (and ultimately has) caused nothing but chaos and confusion. Would that not suggest that perhaps the press is a terrorist agent network then, because apparantly (according to our politicians) thats what terrorism does to people.

I better get off this band wagon now ... Its only 6am and I've only had one coffee ... I make no sense without at least 2 lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:45 pm

I have been no great fan of the press since the Falklands, when the wonderfull shower at BBC, reported five hours early on the world service, that we were about to attack a major Argentinian position.

I do not mind monotheists, a bit of intellectual assassination can do wonders for ones constitution, it’s the “press” I hate with a vengeance.

At least monotheists have some kind of perverted belief behind their actions.

The “Press”, however, do what they do out of sheer gullibility and greed for the next pay cheque. They do not care if one of the people they have just destroyed by character assassination in their little piece of incorrect, and badly researched, fantasy fiction, commits suicide.

Or a local taxi driver gets shot for driving them around their favourite bars in the war zone. Or a couple of hundred people die in riots caused by a piece of their lies regarding accidents to a few books falling down toilets on Spanish speaking islands, in a cheap magazine.

Nothing to do with them, they are away to Mauritius, or Hawaii, to report on their next spurious piece of “news”, that frankly, we could not give a :censored: about. Or bouncing up and down in front of a fire position in some war, so the camera catches the correct side, regardless of the fact that two or three real people, i.e soldiers, have got to put their life on the line to protect this fat :censored: , prima Donna :censored: whilst doing it.

I know of three personaly that have been shot protecting the :censored: hole with the camera.

All in the interests of "press freedom" of course.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:41 pm

I'm with you on that, Ragnar.

A buddy of mine was a security guard at a hospital emergency room shooting. He did all the right procedures in getting everyone out, but still someone was killed right in front of him.

The first thing the Press did was say it was the security guard's fault and that he was being a lazy___.

That's just a minor story compared to the chaos the media has created in the world, but it's my only personal experience with them (and they interviewed a bunch of kids at my elementary school when one of my classmates killed himself and made a show about it that was full of maneur).
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:52 am

well, on the topic of cartoons, this is an online comic I came across called Jesus and Mo

http://www.jesusandmo.net/

I think one of the ones in the archive talks about cartoons. Anyway it is crass and insulting to Jesus sometimes and Mohamed. Make your own judgments though.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:33 am

those comics are good, nice representation of what jesus really was, a caring man. Kind of stereotypical of islam though, but its not like the ones in the news try to make it seem any different.

in the news (despite being from cnn)
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... index.html

Pakistan went up in flames. Killed 2 of their own and then vandalized western stores. And burned a mockery of Bush.

While I could care less about them destroying their own country, the fact that they are attacking western assets just makes them seem even worse. Not much brain power is going on over there. I seriously dont understand how that many people could rebel in their own country and destroy their own countries wealth.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:11 pm

Aye, then they turn round and say we are racist for not wanting them to have nukes. #-o

And whats this with burning things? O.K, the odd Embassy, I can understand, but if I am meant to go into paraploxisms* of rage over a badly scribbled German flag being burned, or a few pillows on a stick with a blonde wig and "Amgule Muurkyle" written in very dodgy script under neath, then boy, have THEY got the wrong person. :-?

* Can't wait to see what the Mad cow spelling thingy makes of THAT. :lol:

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:20 pm

they say we're racist for not wanting them to have nukes?!

why not just tell them plain and simple

"we dont want any more crazy SOBs to own nukes"

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:03 am

Kelreth wrote:"we dont want any more crazy SOBs to own nukes"
Not "P.C", is it? :evil:

Na, sometimes I miss good old George Patton. Would not have had any messing around with him. :salute: :salute:

LIBRARIAN!! WHY IS THIS MAN SALUTING WITH THE WRONG HAND?

Flog him please.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:43 am

whats "P.C"?

Patton was gooooddddd, he gave a good speech too

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:23 am

Kelreth wrote:whats "P.C"?
???? "Political corectness".

Invented in the U.S.A, if I recall. #-o