Arabs bearing gift(s) PART 2

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:47 pm

Yes, all kinds. It's semi-illegal to not have some form of photo identification on you at all times (yeah, just like it's technically illegal to have less than $5 on you at all times).

A lot of places will only accept drivers licences, which is a pain seeing as how I don't drive, and got the police approved official like proof of age card.
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

in the future...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:04 pm

Eventually they'll just give us updatable implants at birth. Then police or whomever won't even have to bother with the inconvienience of stopping you to check you out -- they'll just scan us from afar like so many retail items. You'll get a notice at the end of the month as to how much has been deducted from your account in fines for thinking bad thoughts. #-o

On the dark side of that however, bad thoughts and the manifestations of them in whatever forms of secrecy that can be mustered will make our present ideas of evil pale by comparison...
:smt100 :chain:

Nice to look forward to a progressive future... :lol:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:31 am

NA! so much pessimism! Are you both having Winter/Summer blues? Just think, the future is fantastic because every one will have I.D so there will be never no crime no more! Is that not WONDERFUL? And scrupilous people will be paying our provedly honest private security firms to buy our "mind record" tapes off them, so they can know exactly what we want to buy, so no more useless shopping lists! Every thing will automaticaly delivered to our shopping basket. Others will be using our "mind tapes" and editing them into really fascinating novels and making millions.
A truly wonderfull future. I am so excited looking foreward to the new technology.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

more future...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:37 am

In the category of mind-freeing technological inventions:

In the future -- after we all have our information inplants -- when we go to a concert or the theatre there will be a little machine with a light and personal noise-maker above our seats. After a segment which really effects us, the machine will turn on its flashing twirling light and beep its noisemaker (selected to the programmed tone of our choice). No more mindless applauding like trained seals! Of course it will only go on when there are enough others of like response to avoid any embarrassment brought on by being too individualistic. :lol:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :roll:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:09 am

This conversation is getting silly!
Plus I have a hangover the size of France.#-o
All those little orange things make my head spin. But I am sure they will look better in the morning.
Actually I have a good recipe for seal if any one wants it.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

an idea ahead of it's time...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:09 pm

Someday when those light and siren thingees catch on, you'll remember you heard the idea here first. Sorry about the thunderous applause on top of your hangover, however ..... heh heh.
:cry:

A recipe for seal? =D>

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:47 pm

NOW i've read your post, awake.
Your applause machine sounds quite amazing, I know a couple of "entertainers" whereby I would like mine to produce a very loud, well deserved, after a large vindaloo; FART!!!!. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Hey, guess what? I got the face thingys working!!)
ALL rap/hip...?somethin or other, Spice girls, or any group cntaining persons under the legal drinking age, Tony Blair, (What do you mean "He's not an entertainer"? Neither are the others. Any way, I find him hilarious)
the list could go on.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:07 am

Yes -- Tony Blair is a truly great Song & Dance Man.
Too bad our "W" can't even stay up on his bike.