Arabs bearing gift(s) PART 2

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Ragnar

Arabs bearing gift(s) PART 2

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:19 am

I said I would keep all interested informed on this, so;
It was reported on BBC World Service yesterday that the British Cooperative bank (An ethicaly concerned company, pretty Liberal/lefty), have told a group called "christian voice" to take their acount else where, due to the groups active, and vocal, anti gay stance.
The "christian voice" ( a notorious fundy group, campaigning to have "witch craft" made an imprisionable offence, among other choice "projects"). have turned around and accused the bank of discrimination(!).
This could turn out to be the first case for the new anti religeous discrimination laws. However, If I was the advising Lawyer for the "christian voice", I would point out that there is a lot of dirty washing that they may not want draging around the British and world press. Therefore it may not be a good idea to expose themselves to a court case.

If, however I was the advising Lawyer for the bank... HA HA HA HA!! GO AHEAD, MAKE MY DAY PUNK! Or in lawyer speak "Fabricati deum. Punc!"

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:13 am

ohhh i wish i could be a solicitor on that case... darn me being at least 7 years of that status! hehe.

to be quite honest in the UK atm... the Christians are going to go skits... the latest was the ban of having a bible kept by the hospital beds... so as for dirty washing... lmfao!!! could it seriously get much worse!

the street preachers are massing and attacking Innocent people and preaching about how we are all doomed to hell once more...

::laughs at British coop... heheh they do funeral services to...::

I'm going to do some hunting around friends to find out about this christian voice... or maybe watch BBC a little more :D
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:54 am

I do not know if the law is in force yet. You know what British legistlation is like. Serious tortoise. But this is a perfect test case.
As to the bbc, I think we get much more news on the international services than on the home based, because home based tends to be geared more towards local news.
When we get U.K. news tht is not some pathetic "sport" rubbish, then it tends to be about new laws e.t.c. So in that way we are quite lucky.
I have noticed, though, that some stories tend to disapear from one news broadcast to the next (This included). Call me cynical, but this is not a case of news being "pulled" that the bbc bosses think may be embarrasing to their lords and masters, would it?
No, of course not! The beeb is totaly independant, isn't it?

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:55 pm

all we seem to have on the BBC at the moment is the happy slap break out.

most likely is it passes through the house of lords. and makes it to royal Ascension I'll hear about it in law class.

ever one is all ready making fun of them. the whole what is now going to be considered as wrong to do? one thing about English legislation every word is interpreted differently using 1 of 3 rules.

which going by some of them,... makes atheist guilty of religious hate as they believe in no religion.. i love the English legal system.. is bleeding hilarious!

stories always have a bad habit of disappearing when UK is involved.. like when the wars in Ireland suddenly disappeared of the BBC. makes me think the protesters at the BBC had a little more leverage over them about cutting back the lay off's than they let the press onto.. a company doesn't yield THAT easily to a few protesters...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:04 am

aye, we had a few mentions of this "happy slaping" thing shown here as well, the British news clips, that is. I do not know if you guys from the U.S. have heard of this. A gang of typicall as***les, with backward base caps and jeans with the ass around the ankles like thevy s**t themselves, go up to a perfectly innocent person (I know every one is guilty of something, but you know what I mean) they then proceed to do any thing from a slap right through to setting them on fire (literaly!), then photographing this on their mobiles and sending it to their friends. Its a big news thing in U.K at present.
As to passing through the Lords, one minute the bbc report that the law is passed, then they say it must go to the Lords, then, it needs Royal ascent, they do not know their ass from their face.
I do not think it makes athiests guilty of racial hate unless they, in public or by publicaly accesable media, actively and agressivly assert their opinion on other religious groups, or act or speak in a manner whereby defemation of, or hatred toward, any particular religion or religious group or person is likely to be caused, or percieved to be so. See? simple.

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:29 am

Ragnar wrote: A gang of typicall as***les, with backward base caps and jeans with the ass around the ankles like thevy s**t themselves,
- chavs :D

its much easier to just say that even though i don't believe in stereotyping..

the latest was the rape of an 11 year old little girl and they have even battered a woman dying of cancer. there's a lot more of it happening that shown on TV. its now a worry to walk down the street when you see a gang with phones.

what i mean about the jokes about atheists its a follow up on the pathetic take of "political correctness" you know.. the use of the word Brainstorm being changed to mind map in order not to insult people who suffer from brainstorms... or primary schools not singing baa baa black sheep any more as its racist... its getting a little bit petty over here now.

::waits for walkers crisps to change there name so as not to insult people in wheel chairs who eat walkers....::

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:33 am

I have not heard about the cases you mention, but thats because, as with all "news agencys" they loose interest after 10 minutes.
The trouble is the police hands are tied (I know, I was one in Liverpool), with rubbish about "evidence" and "witnesses". No longer is it good enough for the cop to say "I saw it", the courts want twenty independant witnesses who can prove they have never taken drink or drugs in their lives etc.
What ever hapened to taking the perp down a back alley and giving him a stiff talking to? Where are the good old S.P.G's when you need them?

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:52 am

well... i can't see why they don't urm... use the mobile for evidence!!! lmao

that's the problem though. catching one gang wont get rid of the problem. its a total craze now. the fire one was a man in a bus shelter and a 16 year old girl was shot in the leg twice.

the courts now make sure that a person is guilty beyond reasonable doubt - in other words it follows there rule
"We would rather a guilty man walk free, than rob a not guilty man of his life"

happy slapping is fading from the news to but the papers and the net and the simple word of mouth are keeping it going. police have very little power here. and they still abuse what power they have... like fining a man who was a little bit tipsy (totally hammered) for £80 and arresting him for saying that the police officers horse was gay....

lmao!

Rhiannon
Level 1
Level 1

Coop Press Release

Post by Rhiannon » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:00 am

I thought you might be interested in the press release the bank has with regards to the Christian Voice case:-

http://www.co-operativebankpressoffice.co.uk
/servlet/Satellite?cid=1053329498743&pagename=
Smile/NCView&cpid=1119595646689&c=Page

I hope the link works OK.
"All violence, all that is dreary and repels, is not power, but the absence of power." Ralph Waldo Emerson

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:37 pm

http://www.christianvoice.org.uk/police.html

Wow. I don't think I know enough expletives to cover how seriously screwed up these people are. And I'm Australian. :-D

So tell us all about it Ragnar. Is europe being udermined by a hoard of gay police officers bent on perverting the fabric of society?

They need to take less drugs. And thanks for the link Rhiannon.

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:23 pm

:: puts on voice :: "oh no were being attacked by the hoards of gay police men...." :: cough ::

oh how i would love to five these people a bit of a slap!
if the police are all gay then why was a man fined whilst drunk for calling his horse gay! lmao!

how can these people seriously write such senseless babble? and i still say good ol' co op band :D lmao.

well when i go to college today and pass the police station i'll be on the watch out hehe... gawd i hope now of these people are in my college...

also.. would you like to join christian voice? for £20 :D lmfao!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:19 am

Hi;
Scoia, I do not think it was me that mentioned "gay". But the police are not the problem, its the poloticians and the press. It was Brown eyed girl that mentioned gay police horses, a case I did read about here actually. Considering that when I was in the police all police horses were geldings, I think the student may have had a point. I would love to know what he was charged with; that was never mentioned.
Brown eyed girl, as a law student you should know that it is not the police that fine people but the courts! There is problems with using the mobile for evidence. Because of privacy laws, they need a similar warant to use evidence from mobiles as they would need for a phone tap.
Rhiannon, not had chance yet but I will look up that site later, thanks.

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:14 pm

I was referring to the barking mad article on the christian voice website I referenced in the same post.

Next time I'll mark my jokes with red paint.
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:33 am

Sorry Scoia,
I have not had chance to read the web site yet, so the joke went totaly over my head.
Plus I am on a damn "integrations course". I have lived here six years, I know more about German/Prussian history than the tutors, my Grandfather who brought me up, was a German U-Boot Commander in WWII with the Knights cross and Iron Cross, I am married to a German Woman, then they tell me I must take an "integration course", sitting with people that can not even order a beer in German, have lived here three months and think "Germany" is a kind of Washing machine or something cus they once read "(made in) Germany" on such. I am not kiddin, we have one guy from Turkey or some such, he has lived here 15 years, can not speak ONE word of German, had to be told who Hitler was (serious, HE DID NOT KNOW!), another one did not know that Germany was, until 1989, two seperate countries!!! I have sit with this idiocy for 600 hours, 12 hour days, including travel.
So my sence of humour is waiffer thin any way. Do not let that stop you though, I will wake up one day to find that there is a real world out there... TERRIFYING HUH?

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:54 am

they guy was arrested for offending a police officer or something. i haven't done the case in law i saw an article about it from another forum.

and they have actually used a mobile phone for evidence once already now. i think it was a recorded voice message or video i can't quite remember. it was on the news a while back