Galloway Grills Senate and US Hypocrisy on Iraq

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Galloway Grills Senate and US Hypocrisy on Iraq

Post by Librarian » Wed May 18, 2005 6:35 pm

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/May05/Galloway0518.htm

I just love the stereotypical English understatement in the way he rips the republican senator a new one! :-D
Now I know that standards have slipped in the last few years in Washington, but for a lawyer you are remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice. I am here today but last week you already found me guilty. You traduced my name around the world without ever having asked me a single question, without ever having contacted me, without ever written to me or telephoned me, without any attempt to contact me whatsoever. And you call that justice.
As a matter of fact, I have met Saddam Hussein exactly the same number of times as Donald Rumsfeld met him. The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and to give him maps the better to target those guns. I met him to try and bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war, and on the second of the two occasions, I met him to try and persuade him to let Dr Hans Blix and the United Nations weapons inspectors back into the country -- a rather better use of two meetings with Saddam Hussein than your own Secretary of State for Defence made of his.
Please follow the link to read the entire speech.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 23, 2005 2:21 am

I loved the speech too.
But English under statement? Dear old Georgy boy is Scottish.

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Librarian » Mon May 23, 2005 8:52 pm

Sorry. Perhaps I should have said "British". :oops:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 24, 2005 1:56 am

Very good sir. Carry on in your own time, if you please.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

It's a dirty job but...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Tue May 24, 2005 5:38 am

As an American I find it frustrating and embarrassing that George Galloway ( a Scot ), seems to be the only person speaking out truthfully in the US Congress, against the incredible pack of lies the Bush regime has concocted around their crimes in Iraq.
:angry4:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 24, 2005 6:24 am

Totaly agree.
The American system is not always made clear in Europe. But I gather it was a bit of a slap in the face for the committee.
Galloway is hated by the British tabloid gutter press.
But I admire a man, or Woman, that is not cowed from telling the truth. Whether the oil thing is true or not, I do not know, but his, Galloways, delivery was brilliant.
Bye the way, those of us in Europe who are NOT brainwashed by newspapers that think showing a P.O.W in his shorts is "news", do know that a lot, if not most, Americans are as much anti war as Europe apears.
Citizens of the world unite![/i]

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Wed May 25, 2005 7:29 am

Ragnar said:
Citizens of the world unite!

Got that one right, Ragnar ... thanks!

:blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 25, 2005 12:31 pm

Glad I got something right! Its been one of those days.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Wed May 25, 2005 2:03 pm

It's a peculiar thing about the Bush regime -- they are pathological liars -- much like bad alcoholics often are. They reason that if you can lie something away, and the media repeats your lies enough: POOF! the problem is gone ...

Meanwhile by stealing key elections, and replacing most of the judges in the country with ones sympathetic to them they are effecting a pretty scary coup-d'etat. Seattle is a very Lefty town and from here we're watching things go from bad to worse in the US with increasing anguish and determination. Galloway's sassy back-talk was a bright light in an otherwise darkening scenario. I'm hoping folks will get inspired by his "chops," to fight back...
:tfrag:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 26, 2005 12:26 am

I do not know if U.S. is the same, but here, you can get the whole pub wound up over a political point, the whole flower aranging club will follow you into the valley of death to get their pavements (sidewalks) repaired, The local amateur camera society will fight with you in the trenches to stop their local library from bieng closed down. Until it comes time to actualy put their coats on, write their banners, and get out in the rain and DO something.
A Scottish saying; "They will follow you till your nose bleeds, then theres non left with a kleenex to help".

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

about bloody noses and such...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri May 27, 2005 6:04 am

perhaps...

but the Bush regime is insane and will fail.
They'll join your friend Napoleon on the trash-heap where those
who dream of Empire find an end.

:cussing: :angryfire: :blob4:

Oh dear, I do rant a bit ... :lol:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 28, 2005 2:18 pm

One can hope.
The trouble is that they tend to trash a lot of things on the way.
Given his well advertised preocupation with his "God" hobby, I think the U.S. people should ask him what comes first his "God", or the United States. I think I know what his answer would be. Therefore he is not fit to be in a position whereby the country, by definition, should come before anything. Paticularly talking to an unproved, and unprovable, voice in the head. "What?... Yes mummy its a bad country. Do you want me to bomb it Mummy"?

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Sun May 29, 2005 5:31 am

I see him, or at least the interests behind him as being far darker than that. They're out for themselves. They believe more along the lines of, "Might makes Right." The moral and religious stuff is window-dressing. An example of this is how they tout "democratic elections," abroad, but have twice stolen the elections in the US (500,000 uncounted, primarily black votes in Ohio alone, in 2004).

The xtians by their 'herd-mentality' sheep-flocking make the perfect power base because once their preachers tell them their god wills something, they follow blindly. They are too afraid of being ostracized or culled from the flock to dissent. If they do have an individual thought -- like: "maybe Bush is nuts" -- they are immediately told it's sinful.

I've heard that the 'cop in your head,' is a more effective restraint than any highly trained police force ever could be. In my opinion Bush and his cronies have applied this technique very effectively with their xtian dupes.

I think our "W" is much more a Capitalist than a Xtian.
:smt084

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun May 29, 2005 9:01 am

dragonflydrummer wrote:I see him, or at least the interests behind him as being far darker than that. They're out for themselves. They believe more along the lines of, "Might makes Right." The moral and religious stuff is window-dressing. An example of this is how they tout "democratic elections," abroad, but have twice stolen the elections in the US (500,000 uncounted, primarily black votes in Ohio alone, in 2004).

The xtians by their 'herd-mentality' sheep-flocking make the perfect power base because once their preachers tell them their god wills something, they follow blindly. They are too afraid of being ostracized or culled from the flock to dissent. If they do have an individual thought -- like: "maybe Bush is nuts" -- they are immediately told it's sinful.

I've heard that the 'cop in your head,' is a more effective restraint than any highly trained police force ever could be. In my opinion Bush and his cronies have applied this technique very effectively with their xtian dupes.

I think our "W" is much more a Capitalist than a Xtian.
:smt084
All VERY well said - Bush is using Christianity to do what it does best - control people and make them do (and believe) what you want.

Saddly, I know that in "reality" Christianity (like most religions) is supposed to make people better, more loving and kind - but the reality is that the more I have read about the actual history of Christianity, the more I wonder if that was ever the true reason it was created - it seems so very much like it was tailored for use as a political tool to control the masses. Perhaps the first thought about it really was a good intentioned one, but the second thought seems to have been "wow, what a great way for the leaders and elite to put chains on the pee-ons".

And that's what Bush is doing - chaining people with a religious smokescreen into following him blindly.

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun May 29, 2005 1:41 pm

Dragon fly drummer,
Aye I have read Michael Moore as well. I agree with you by the way. "Bush is nuts" is a good one.
Europe also has its problems. We have seen today how the fate of 450 million people in 25 countries can be effected by 5% of voters in one country. We now must asume that the European "constitution" is dead meat. Just because Pierre le Frog was P***ed off because the Government in France hadn't fixed the pot holes in the road outside his Mothers house or something. The public can not be trusted with referenda, until they learn to vote for the issue at hand, and not something totaly irrelevant to the whole purpose. Which, given the topic subject, I feel that this is in serious danger of being.