Good to see we're protected...

Now here's something to get steamed up about.
Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Good to see we're protected...

Post by Librarian » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:08 pm

The American Family Association is on the job!
November 24, 2004
Is There Something Fishy About "Shark Tale"?

Religious Right activists leave no stone unturned in their hunt for hidden homosexual messages in pop culture. Ever since Jerry Falwell outed the purple Teletubby, lesser Religious Right minions have been eager to uncover the next nefarious plot out of Hollywood to corrupt America's children.

Thankfully, the American Family Association is on the case. Recently the Tupelo, Miss.-based group headed by the Rev. Donald Wildmon issued an alert warning parents about Dreamworks Studios' release "Shark Tale."

Many view the animated film as just innocuous entertainment for children, an attempt to play off the success of "Finding Nemo," an undersea adventure that raked in big bucks for Hollywood.

But the AFA is sure "Shark Tale" is really homosexual propaganda designed to brainwash children into believing that it's OK to be gay. As evidence, the groups notes that the plot centers around Oscar, an outcast fish in the urban metropolis of the reef, and Lenny, a shark who doesn't quite fit in with his family of mafia-style hoodlums.
Follow the link for the rest of the paranoid rantings.

http://blog.au.org/2004/11/outing_dreamwor.html

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:01 pm

You know, the movie wasn't all that great, but I didn't really catch any homosexual reprograming going on. So much for their agenda.

Oh wait. That's right! I've already been proramed to accept other people for the way they are. Somethign about loving my neighbor. Who did that to me?
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:30 pm

Lol, yeah that's funny how that works isn't it? I guess Jesus meant that we should love our neighbor...UNLESS he's gay, or has different spiritual beliefs, or believes in a woman's right to choose. Wow, that doesn't leave too many neighbors does it? :roll:

Oh, and btw, I thought Shark Tale was actually a pretty cute movie, and saw no "gay agenda" there, but is anyone really surprised by this?
Last edited by morgana on Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:13 pm

ugh, it is like all the people who try to say that the guys on The Wiggles are all 'gay and therefore little Satan-babies'. I mean, they are on a show for TODDLERS! How are they supposed to keep the little ones entertained without dancing and singing? I mean, seriously. Some people just need to realize that the world isn't as 'horrible' as they think it is. :sex:

marsalilass
Level 1
Level 1

Post by marsalilass » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:31 pm

You know, you can find a "gay adgenda" in any freakin' movie if you are looking hard enough. Just like you can make any innocent comment dirty if you want to . . . . These people have entirely too much time on their hands!
Marsali

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistant one"

aintgottaclue
Level 2
Level 2

I know these are old posts, but.....

Post by aintgottaclue » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:11 am

Christians are irrational. I may not be a Christian, but at least I'm rational! (Well, most of the time, anyway.)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:27 pm

He hangs out with 12 hairy fishermen, and you think he may not be?
In general though, I thought I was paranoid. When I was a kid they had "Thunderbirds" (YES the origional!), What would the Families thingy make of that then. The only two Women in it were a Chinese professors Daughter, and another who was driven around by a man in riding boots in a pink car. Pass the fake Zebra fur, the fluffy dice and go collecting your takings boy!
I must admit I allways found the Wombles a bit strange my self.

aintgottaclue
Level 2
Level 2

Post by aintgottaclue » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:49 am

Ragnar wrote:He hangs out with 12 hairy fishermen, and you think he may not be?
In general though, I thought I was paranoid. When I was a kid they had "Thunderbirds" (YES the origional!), What would the Families thingy make of that then. The only two Women in it were a Chinese professors Daughter, and another who was driven around by a man in riding boots in a pink car. Pass the fake Zebra fur, the fluffy dice and go collecting your takings boy!
I must admit I allways found the Wombles a bit strange my self.
Yeah, well, you may have a point....he wasn't exactly an equal opportunity kind of guy! [-X
Christians are irrational. I may not be a Christian, but at least I'm rational! (Well, most of the time, anyway.)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:20 pm

I think, from my perspective on "Jesus", you have the wrong impression. Hej, as far as it goes Jesus was a great guy. If the following religion took notice of what they have actualy said he said, then we would not have any problems now. The whole concept of Jesus and what he stood for is perfect. It's, typicaly, the ones that followed, that thought they could make money out of this, that have spoiled it all. They are not afraid of our power, they see us as lost to the "market cause". Therefore we are "dangerous", and they have the money to prove it.
By the way, I have nothing against gays. Just people that are hypocritacal on the issue. I happen to like Leather boo...(!), I do not expect to have my moral worth judged on what I like to do in the bedroom, (or wherever). I think gays deserve the same respect for their private choices as I expect for my own.

aintgottaclue
Level 2
Level 2

Post by aintgottaclue » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:14 pm

Ragnar wrote:I think, from my perspective on "Jesus", you have the wrong impression. Hej, as far as it goes Jesus was a great guy. If the following religion took notice of what they have actualy said he said, then we would not have any problems now. The whole concept of Jesus and what he stood for is perfect. It's, typicaly, the ones that followed, that thought they could make money out of this, that have spoiled it all. They are not afraid of our power, they see us as lost to the "market cause". Therefore we are "dangerous", and they have the money to prove it.
By the way, I have nothing against gays. Just people that are hypocritacal on the issue. I happen to like Leather boo...(!), I do not expect to have my moral worth judged on what I like to do in the bedroom, (or wherever). I think gays deserve the same respect for their private choices as I expect for my own.
OK, might have misunderstood...no biggie! :oops: The "philosophy" that Christianity adopted isn't bad.....it's the RELIGIOUS baggage they throw at you that sucks. As for gays, I could care less one way or the other....if you're a good person, you're a good person, if you're a bad person, you're a bad person....same for black/white, or whatever. We are all here on planet earth, and it would be much better if everyone got along than trying to knock each other off all the time! [Of course, man being what he is, a greedy, egocentric, power hungry creature, all the "social ills" ain't likely to disappear anytime soon. :roll: ]

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:17 pm

I find my self in agreement with you. I tend to think that the "baggage" the monotheistic religeons have is not so
much "religeous" as political. Hel, they can't even decide what they believe amongst themselves without resorting to stake burnings.
Oh well, at least whilst they are stamping their feet and screaming till their sick at each other, then they are to busy to bother about us. The worrying thing is when they agree. Then they turn their attention to world dominance, and we tend to be number one target. We must be pretty powerful, considering the time they spend worrying. Nice to feel important!

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Librarian » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:53 pm

Ragnar wrote:Hel, they can't even decide what they believe amongst themselves without resorting to stake burnings.
Oh well, at least whilst they are stamping their feet and screaming till their sick at each other, then they are to busy to bother about us.
All revolutions turn on themselves. See "Trotsky". The Christians are simply making a 2000 year career of it.

aintgottaclue
Level 2
Level 2

2000 year career....

Post by aintgottaclue » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:35 am

Hmmm......good point. Considering that Christianity is actually losing ground (population increase/membership), I wonder if it might actually be slowly "dying?"

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Re: 2000 year career....

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:37 am

aintgottaclue wrote:Hmmm......good point. Considering that Christianity is actually losing ground (population increase/membership), I wonder if it might actually be slowly "dying?"
it will if it insists on splitting its self up into little denominations and insists on arguing with other Christians on how to be a christian (i went on a christian board and they have a 4 page debate on trinity and apostles.... have no idea. but they were getting really mad at each other :-? :-?
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

aintgottaclue
Level 2
Level 2

Trinity, etc.

Post by aintgottaclue » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:12 am

Browneyedgirl..."it will if it insists on splitting its self up into little denominations and insists on arguing with other Christians on how to be a christian (i went on a christian board and they have a 4 page debate on trinity and apostles.... have no idea. but they were getting really mad at each other"

----------------------------------------

Oh boy, if ya ever wanna start a real knock down, drag out battle, just mention the trinity, or "once saved, always saved," and you're into the thick of it at once! :argue: And they NEVER, EVER stop to consider that nearly ALL of their "doctrines" are the product of some "church opinion" somewhere along the line, and not even supported by the oldest and most accurate "scripture" at all....which is exactly why they have over 1,000 denominations, branches, divisions, sects, groups, and organizations in the first place...they are all just playing "follow their leaders," not follow the "scriptures." [Not that the scriptures are all that hot, but at least if they'd actually follow them they'd all be on the same page! :roll: ]