Pagan Political Party

Now here's something to get steamed up about.

Which political party best supports your views?

Republican?
7%
Green?
21%
Democrat?
7%
Libertarian?
29%
Independent?
36%

Total votes: 14

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:22 pm

Baylee wrote: What we need is a black, female Pagan! :-D

Baylee
That's a tall order.

black male? do you really think so?

female? any female? maybe? would it be such a good thing? (look at Thatcher in the UK, what a disaster that was....)

Pagan? yes, sure.

All in all: don't hold your breath....

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:50 am

I agree with you on the Thatcher cow. I was trying to find my first couple of jobs after leaving School just as she got into dominance...(I have just had a terrible picture float into my mind, and it does not require me to run a cold bath either).
Although thinking it is every ones duty to vote. In the recent 3 or 4 elections in Britain, what is there to vote for? Democracy assumes more than one party, and that they offer an alternative. At present except for one party cutting my tax by 2% and the other saying 3%, there is nothing to divide them. Voting is really just a paper exercise in U.K. (Now in Germany as well). A 3% tax cut? An extra 6 Euro per month in my pocket does not suffice to make me get out of bed on a cold wet September morning, and bother going to the polling station. After they have put up my pipe tobacco, my beer and my bike petrol I end up worse off any way. And do not forget, a tax cut is NOT a concession of Government to give. Tax is something WE have worked for, it is money they are not taking off us. They are not GIVING us a cent. Its like being mugged and then the perp expects you to be huggy feely gratefull because he gives you your bus fare home.

Baylee
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Baylee » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:16 am

Yah...if it ever happens it will be a LONG LONG time from now. But we need something other far from our current president...
Keep in mind that many people have died for their beliefs; it's actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe.
-Christopher Paolini