Pagan stories and songs

Keep it clean, the kids are invited to sit around the campfire.
auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Pagan stories and songs

Post by auramoonsongs » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:27 pm

I am writing a book for my god son and i want to put in pagan stories and songs it's for his first birthday in November and i was wondering if you guys could help by telling me stories and songs, they would have to be tame enough for a child, i have a couple of songs already but would love some more. please i need help.

aura
blessed be

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Pagan stories and songs

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:09 pm

What about some legends and myths? There are a lot of Greek and Roman stories of the gods, a zillion stories from the Celts, and from the Americas. Maybe pick up a good mythology book and rewrite them to suit a child? Like how they make bible stories for children.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Unfortunately, when I have to entertain children, I will either regurgitate a long line of Fairy Tales I've picked up over the years, some which are technically myths, or I'll start inventing crap along the lines of a myth or fairy tale.

My suggestion goes along with CHL's, pick a pantheon, and work with those myths.

One of my favorites was Persephone, actually...which explains Spring and Fall...but I sort of dropped its rating from R (Hades all but rapes her in the original texts) down to a pretty little G (he was so captivated by her beauty, charm, and grace he carried her off to make her his queen).
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:03 pm

In my way of thinking, a man can either own a woman or a knife... but not both. :lol:

As for stories, you may want to look up some of the song lyrics of Heather Alexander. She has a few that could easily be written out and changed from lyrics to story and would be good for children.

I don't actually have any stories for you though. I haven't tried to create any in anything more than a "Oh, cool idea" way for pagan stories.If I do come up with any I'll let you know.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews