Tarot Memories

Keep it clean, the kids are invited to sit around the campfire.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Tarot Memories

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:57 pm

For assorted reasons, I have dug out my old tarot deck and started to cleanse and recharge it. It got me thinking about my history with the cards, and I thought I would share.

I first became acquaited with Tarot back when I was a child, about 12-13, and a neighbor brought out a deck to do a reading on me. She noticed during the reading that my "energies" seemed sypathetic with the cards. It has held true that I am more comfortable with the cards than other scrying tools, perhaps because of my love of books and they are the most book-like of the tools. She let me try to do readings and I caught the hang of them quickly, learning not necessarily to focus on the cards, but on the relationships between them.

Later, when I was 18, I acquired my own personal set. The more I did readings, the more specific they tended to be. When I did readings for classmates in military advanced training, they often said I was accurate on their past and several commented on how near future events came to pass. I had problems seeing into the far future except in rare cases. Too many variables, too many possibilities. It wasn't that I couldn't see anything, but rather that I could see too much and not find the likely path. Like having several criss crossing trails through a dense forest. You can know many lead through, but which one a given person will choose and where they'll come out is hard to predict. You can only warn of the ones you know lead to dead ends.

One of the few cases where I got a good far future look was with the girl who would later become my wife. I knew we would be married and we would have children, a girl first then a boy (two boys it turns out, not twins, two years apart). It hasn't always gone the way I have seen. We have tried taking shortcuts that haven't worked out and there have been obstacles I've missed, but how boring would life be if we knew every step. Still, in the end we all know the destination we all go to, but it is the journey that is the adventure.

I have not really had cause to use them for readings in many years, over a decade, but still they have served a purpose. As my children grew, they all went through a nightmare phase. Where for several nights a week they would have nightmares. I would give them my deck, within a felt bag, to stick under their pillows. I told them they were my "magic" cards, that with these cards I had seen the future, that I knew I was going to marry their mother and that they would be born. I told them that through these cards I would protect them while they slept. And with those suggestions to their subconscious and throw my energies they felt associated with those cards, their nightmares would lessen and stop.

Anyway they have been in a drawer for many years, but now I bring them out again. I wonder what the next chapter will be in their history.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Tarot Memories

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Wow, thank you for sharing. They must be very special, and I am very sure that they will be fond memories for your children in years to come.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG