have you ever seen ghosts?

Keep it clean, the kids are invited to sit around the campfire.

have you seen ghosts

yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes: 56

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:27 am

Nice stories...
i literally have hundreds. so i will just tell the main one that i have. cause i rescued the young girl from it... (this will make sense later) and she is still with me.

when i moved into our second pub i was aaround10 years old... maybe 9 going on 10. but as it is a pub... alot of people had died. something i had come adjusted to from the previous occupants of my 1st pub ;) - but ththat'snother story.
in this pub it wasn't punter who were still occupying. it was in the house.

this was a new thing cause the closest we had to that in the last pub was a man in the cecellar. other that that it remained in the pub.
it this there was a mother upstairs. Tidied up alalto. also didn't like were my mum put the sofa when we 1st moved in... she liked it on the other side of the room. (so she moved it)
the young girl was usuusuallynning down the corridor happily.
a man in the lounge... he was fine just used to play the punter up by switching the pints but every one was used to him.
the man in the bar wasn't as nice. he scared people alot. including my dad. he came up behind my mum once as if to strangle her as my dad walked in to the bar. my mum said he went dead white with shock/fear etc
any how they story of how all these were hear and why they were connected wasn't told to me... i was 9.. its horrific.
so i would stop reading or skip this next bit if you don't want to hear it.
the people round the area new and my mum and dad had been told but they wouldn't tell a kid it.. as if! but i scared the crap out of my mum when she rearealizedknew it. the mother showed it to me thru her eyes.

the father - the one from the bar had got very drunk one day, and went mad. he was a horrid man as it was. the younger girl was his daughter and the woman the wife and the nice man her brother.
he 1st hung the young gurgirld killed her in my room infrin frontthe woman and then killed her in the living room (not sure how) after that (not longer thru the mothers eyes but she new what happened) he went into the lounger (nice man's area) and shot him in the head when he was asking were the wife and daugther were.
finishing with him commiting suicide in the bar.

the girls stayed with me - was the mothers wish.
shes worried about me hurting my self alot - my window for example.
it has a chain which stops it fully opening so i can't fall out.
i took the chain of at night. in the morning it was back. my mum removed it. back next day.
my mum cut it with wire cutters.
back next moringmorninge chain :)

Ghosts are usualy an every day occurance to me :)
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:22 am

I don't think you could exactly call her a ghost, more of a guardian spirit, not mine but White Harmony's. For some unknown reason this spirit needed/wanted to get my attention, though normally I wouldn't of seen here. So what does she do! She punches me in the head, while I'm sleeping thank you very much, forcing me awake, and then just looks down at me. After a good minute (not really sure as I was half asleep) she leans to her side and sink down into the floor.

I'm guessing I needed to be in a certain state of mind for me to see her, thus the punch in the face.
:lol: It wasn't really a punch just a rather abupt smack!
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:51 pm

I know this is gonna sound strange, but I don't see ghosts, they're more like shadows. They don't make any noise, they just move sometimes, mostly they just sit there. I've got lots of stories but one of the best was the cat on the washer.

It was around the spring of my 11th grade year and my family lives on a large family owned community. My dads immediate family (2 brothers and their children, mother and step father) lives in the same square in the sticks of east Tx. I was walking home from school across the field (we lived on the back part of the property) and as I was passing one of the old barns, there's old broke down cars and appliances and what not everywhere, damn packrats!, there was a black cat on top of a washing machine. I thought at first it was a stray but given the large pack of dogs we have strays don't live too long around our area. It just sat there, it didn't move, no tail twitch, no yawn, no blinking, not even fur in the wind, nothing. I was standing not even 15 feet from it, I started to approach it as close as I dared so I was about 8 feet away and still it didn't move and when I finally noticed it didn't have normal eyes I backed away and went into the house. I came back to look for it like 2 or 3 min. later and there wasn't even paw marks on the washer top, the dust hadn't been moved, no cat hair, no trails in the tall grass, the only reason I knew I wasn't hallucinating is because it's happened before.

Shadows show up and seconds later they disappear, mostly it's animals no people yet. I don't know why, if it were people then I could understand, but it's animals, what could they want? Why do I have spiders and frogs and just shadow blurrs visiting me? Any help on this would be appreciated. They haven't done any harm, so I don't want them gone, I just wanna know why.
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:58 am

One of my friends sees people in the manner you are desribing, and it is all the time. Some are not friendly. I've been waiting to do a Reiki treatment on her so I can try to help her with some of this stuff.

Animals spirits many times come to teach you lessons, to provide guidance and support, and sometimes just to let you know it's all right. You may also be seeing animals that have died, and since domesticated animals are so close to humans they may show themselves at the first chance. Try approaching one, sitting down, and watching itm being sure to honour it and its choice to be present and show itself to you. Ask why it is there, and sit for a while to just listen. It may come as words in your own head. They sometimes talk that way. That just means you have to weed out their words from the ones you create, and after a little while it's easy.
Mind you if you get an uneasy feeling (not just normal fear of the paranoia), listen always to your gut feeling.
I hope this helps, and I hope all goes well, no matter what course you take with them :-D :-D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:05 am

Thanks Crazy Healer Lady, your insight is very appreciated. I think next time I'll make an effort to communicate with it, but it hasn't happened for a while, like almost two weeks. It's strange, it usually happens every few days, last time a frog shadow followed me from the car to the stairs, he was cute :love7: .....I grew up on a farm, critters are awesome!!! but back to shadows, they never really scare me like 'ahhhh, It's gonna eat my soul!!!!!!!' it's more like 3 in the morning going to the bathroom turn on the light and a dark shadow zips across the wall 'GASP!!!!' I guess I should pay them more attention....but how do I get them to stick around longer? They're usually real quick, only here for a few seconds then they dart off....oh, I'll figure something out, maybe I'll just ask it to stick around for a while.... any way, thanks :-D

*yay for spell checker!!!! :smt023 *
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:34 pm

Maybe once you start "communicating" they will stick around for longer. Or once you ask them.

Oooo frog spirit! Must have neat stories to tell ;) don't know why but frogs seem very wise (yet... slow...) to me.
Sorry head is not together yet... Still in work-retract-mode
-CHL
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

soulsearcher
Level 1
Level 1

Post by soulsearcher » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:09 pm

Animals, phantoms, people...nothing of the sort...I've seen it all. Where should I start???

Animals?? Cats, dogs, bears, snakes, wolves....rats, horses....I've seen a lot. Bats.

People? Hanging man, beaten and battered woman, lonely "burned" girl, drowning woman.

Phantoms? I was stalked by one.

And mutants...even. IT sounds wierd...but I call them night terrors...I think that's only based on paranoia. Only...they don't only appear at night time.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:33 am

well, i know there are ghosts in my house, but i've never seen them. my older sister woke up in the middle of the night and saw a black man standing over her. las june, a young kid died out front of my house, and i had a party and people were taking pictures with a digital camera. my friend Andy came up to me and said "hey, i think you have ghosts in your house."
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:41 am

Simple answer - yes. But as a clairsentient, I tend to feel them, rather than see them. I have seen one or two, but what was quite scary was going to Lincoln Castle a few years back (I hadn't figured out Iwas clairsentient then), and having what I called 'a funny feeling' in one place in Lincoln castle. I was taking photos,and took a quick snap. A fewmonths ago (by that stage I though I was clairsentient), I went back to Lincoln castle. Outside the castle, this time, I was standing looking up to the cathedral, when I felt some sort of presence. I waited until the street was absoloutely clear, and took a photo. When I got back home, I loaded it onto my computer, and looked at it. There seemed to be some sort of pixelation in the first photo - the one I'd taken about two years ago. It was difficult to see, which explains why I missed it the first time around, but it was definately there....and in the shape of a man. I then looked at the other, and there was a very obvious mist, which I'd not seen when I was there, in the centre of the photo, in the arch. On very carful, close inspection, I made out the shape of a man and a woman. There also appeared to be an old woman sitting on one of the benches at the side of the photo.

The photos, if anyone's interested, can be found here:

http://www.warofthering.net/photoforum/ ... C00061.JPG
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/ ... smudge.jpg - I ringed the pixelation on this one to make it easier to see.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

soulsearcher
Level 1
Level 1

Post by soulsearcher » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:33 pm

Yes, I do believe I pointed it out...if I'm not mistaken. lol. been a while since I've been in here...wow.

I see shadows too...I'm not sure it's actually shadows though. Although it happens often...but at the same time randomly. I'll see shadows out of one of my eyes. I'm very aware of things that move around me...I see a lot of things that move. From the smallest bird to the tiniest dot of some sort. A bit strange...but...can be fun too.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:18 am

paganlight, in the first picture, you should point out what's there. i had trouble seeing it.
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:35 pm

soulsearcher wrote:Yes, I do believe I pointed it out...if I'm not mistaken. lol. been a while since I've been in here...wow.
No, you only pointed one out. *sticks tongue out* lol!

Actually, I've just spotted another one.

The one I saw first is right in the centre of the picture, under the archway. The old woman is on the left hand side, sitting on the bench behind the tree, and the one I've just spotted is just over halfway up on the right hand side, sort of floating under the branches of the tree.

Smeg's sake, there's another! If you look at the right hand side again, at the door just past the sign, there's one just a little to the left. It's head is level with the bottom part of the door
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Green
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen and heard

Post by Green » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:14 pm

paganlight the Pictures are really interesting. where is that castle?

When I was about 3 years old I saw and talked with my great Grandfather 2 or 3 days after he died. later that day I told my mother that I'd seen him. and I said very emphatically that yes I did see him and that he didn't have his water tubes (which is what I called his oxygen tube, emphysema ). I don't remember it very well. apparently he had promised a relative of mine that if there was an afterlife that he would find a way to let her know.
also as an 8 year old child i was awakened during the night by a bearded man staring in my window. I was paralyzed with fear. I couldn't move and all I really saw was his face and maybe his upper torso. I don't really understand it. he disappeared and I ended up awake for the majority of the night absolutely scared that he would come back. he came back when I was 21 when he awoke me from a very peaceful dream. before I could open my eyes, and in a split second I was completely filled with dread, my heart pounded and my eyes shot open. his nose was 2 inches from mine and he was staring right into my eyes. my room was pitch black as it had no window and was in a basement and I slept with the door closed. I saw him anyway. I tried to move to cry out or to pray (as I at that time was a devout christian). I was completely paralyzed. The second that I could see him as he faded from view took a lifetime. He had a malicious smile across his face.
In a dream before I knew what a succubus was, I was visited by a succubus. she was blue gray and Ice Cold. It threw off my grove.
I've repeatedly heard footsteps and opening and closing doors in an empty house while I was house sitting.
I love Nature and so as a reminder to myself...

"You must become the change you wish to see."
Ghandi

Green
Level 1
Level 1

Re: have you ever seen ghosts?

Post by Green » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:39 am

chirp....

chirp,chirp (cricket noises)

was it something I said? :-k
I love Nature and so as a reminder to myself...

"You must become the change you wish to see."
Ghandi

Crazy Healer Lady

Re: have you ever seen ghosts?

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:02 pm

I think the thread is just taking a nap, hun, nothing that you exactly said :P

Thanks for sharing your story :)
Crazy Healer Lady