have you ever seen ghosts?

Keep it clean, the kids are invited to sit around the campfire.

have you seen ghosts

yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes: 56

blackmamba
Level 1
Level 1

Post by blackmamba » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:41 pm

i can releate to all this just until now i have never heard of the fae i knew and belived in faries/gnomes etc.. but didin't know they were called fae i have had lots of experince with ghosts and fae

one of them was when i was 6 in my old bedroom downstaris i saw a black haired white dressed women not walking but hovvering towards me but the closer see got the more vague the image was and it could not be from someone who died in the house as it was self built by my dad and grampa.

i also see things out of the corner of my eye and i lose a lot of things which appear a few years later in totalty random places.

i can also if if i stay awake late at night when everybody in my house is asleep i can sit up in my bed and hear faintly voices they sound like here coming form downstairs i got ust to it bt it was weird at first

i also feel thoings whenever when i am alone or not mostly alone like an arm on my shoulder or a gentle gust of wind as if someone was blowing in my face most of these things though are not scary they are mostly comforting and ressuring.

changeling
Level 1
Level 1

weird

Post by changeling » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:49 pm

i think most people will have at least one experience with the paranormal in their lifetime.

lately iv been having real weird experiences.

iv been having deja vu, ive just started college and its like i already know the people around me, like iv met them before and in some situations its like the events that have been happening have happened before and they are very specific events.

i had to do an in class essay on an unseen poem by robert frost and i was reading his poems and one of them i just felt that i had done this poem before in class, in test conditions, but i hadnt so i thought that was freaky, but i decided to trust myself and i studied that poem, and i told some people that that poem was the one i thought was the unseen poem, and when we had the in class essay, it was that poem! and that freaked me out. the people who i told actually chose to believe me and they studied it as well, they came and thaked me after.
*study and research are balms for the mind*

changeling
Level 1
Level 1

harmful ghosts

Post by changeling » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:58 pm

i just want to tell everyone this story of when my mum and dad were just married and she was pregnant with my elder brother.

it was nighttime and my dad was reading in his office and my mum was sleeping in the room and my dads window was closed but he saw the curtains billow and then he heared my mum yell out a relligious protection.

then he saw his curtains blow flat against the window.

so he ran to my mother and she was really upset and crieng he comforted her.

what had happened was she had felt something come into the room, come towards her and then try to strangle her.

i have heard from many people of having similar expeiences.
*study and research are balms for the mind*

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:50 pm

Yep... it's often called "hag attacks". It's a world wide and documented phenomena.

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:12 pm

Might have to check that out. Another thing on my list. ;)

I think everyone has a supernatural experience, too. They just don't realize it. And for me, my deja vu is from my dreams. But I never know it until after it happens in real life, then I think, "hey, that was in my dream last night." And it happens all too often for me to disregard it.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:53 pm

Ditto with both the suprnatural occurances and with the deja-vu

As far as Hag attacks, check out John Michael Greer's book on Monsters and paranormal investigation. It's got some decent info and is a tolerable read compared to a lot of para-psych stuff.

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:16 pm

As always, thanks. I'll check it out. And that name sounds familiar, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's some more deja vu. :lol:

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:47 am

Used to live in a house with a little old lady ghost she would watch over the kids and actually provided some comfort(the house was over 100 yrs. old) Also my in-laws house is full of past relatives of my wife's family.
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

Tree_Hugger
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tree_Hugger » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:35 am

I've seen a ghost before, it was a lady in my old flat. She appeared round the door and smiled. Both me and my youngest son saw her clearly. She smiled at us and she stayed there for a few seconds and then disapeared. We wasn't frightend and a couple of days after that I saw a young ladies hand moving slowly away from my son as he slept. My sister had gone to see a spiritualist around that time and she has said a young lady looks over my children But she did not say who it was.
I love Mother Nature.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:11 am

I have seen and dealt with a whole bunch of stuff in my day....there is a street named Wahalla in Columbus that is haunted. If you walk down a part of this street near the bridge at night (best during rain storm) you will be followed and see where a man hung himself on the bridge after murdering his family at a house nearby...also this house is always for sell cause no one will buy it. It is haunted by his family.

I've been annoyed by the egyptian god Set for a period of time too...as loony as that sounds. Its a long story.

BB

Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

shayne
Level 1
Level 1

see ghosts?

Post by shayne » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:01 am

Which ones. When I was growing up our home had so many cold spots there was ice in summer. Dad showed us all how to shut them down. Now he is dead I have his cold spot close. There is always the old black cat that still sleeps on my bed. You can see the dip she makes. Mum to pops in.

It is just there are other types types that are not so liked. Ones that can come through all the wards if just to cause mischief. I have those words like -all those may enter that do not cause me or harm- that works.

Szandor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Szandor » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:50 pm

I can truthfully say that I have had several ghostly encounters. But to keep things short, I will only tell of 4 of them right now.

The first came back in the late 80's. I was in bed, and woke up in the middle of the night. I looked over towards my bedroom door and saw an old lady standing there, looking at me. Our gazes met for about 5 to 10 seconds, and I felt kind of like I was in a trance. When I was finally able to break the eye contact, I looked away. But when I looked back, she was gone. This happened every night for about the next week. Each night, it looked as if she was getting a little bit closer.

The second one isn't quite as interesting. If I remember correctly, it was about a year or so after the old lady incident. It was around 8:30 at night, and I was in the bathroom. I heard a noise coming from outside, and quickly opened the bathroom window to look and see what it was. I saw a figure wearing a hooded cape on the other side of the street, running. It was holding a glowing sphere probably a little smaller than a soccer ball over its head. When it went about 20 or so feet, it just disappeared.

The third might have been considered an "evil" ghost, but I don't know. It happened somewhere around the same time as the running hooded thing, and is kind of a two parter. Me and my brother were on the upper level of our house, and I looked downstairs and saw a large white shape coming around the corner. This thing was about 8 feet tall. As it rounded the corner, it looked up the stairs at us. It didn't really have much in the lines of a face, just two deformed black shapes for eyes, and one for a mouth. When it got around the corner, it started coming up the stairs, and then disappeared. The second half came about 2 years later. I had just got a new guitar, and my sister wanted to take a few pictures of me with it in my bedroom. So I let her. And when we got the pictures back, there was one of them that was of me sitting on the couch giving the camera some kind of heavy metal look. The only thing was, this large white thing was sitting on the couch next to me in the picture.

And last but not least, the fourth encounter. I don't think this can be considered as much of a "ghost encounter" as just something strange, and if I dare say, unexplainable. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but I think it was the early 90's. Me and my brother were sitting in the living room of our house. Our dad came downstairs from his bedroom and told us that he was leaving for a while. We said OK and watched him go outside and drive off. This left us as the only ones home. So we sat in the living room talking. After about 15 to 20 minutes, a toilet upstairs flushed. We figured that this was rather unusual as we were the only ones in the house. So we went upstairs to see what was going on. When we looked in our parents bedroom, our dad was in bed, asleep.
Searching in the darkness, running from the day
Hiding from tomorrow, nothing left to say
Victims of the moment, future deep in doubt
Living in a whisper till we start to shout
We're creatures of the night

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:08 pm

I have no experiences that I remember but a vague reccolection of one night when I was a kidseeing a grey silvery mass in the corner of my room. It scared the crap out of me and I am gettign freaked thinking about it now.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:27 am

The only real stories I know of happened to a friend of mine.

She lived in this really old house (it was built before the Revolutionary War) for a time. There was a bookcase that was built in to one of the walls, and when she was putting some books away, one or two came flying at her while she was on the other end of the room. I guess the nicer of the two spirits in the house didn't want the books to be put away.

The not so nice spirit is upstairs, though we have reason to believe that he/she is slowly moving downstairs. That alone freaks out my friend and her husband. But, while she was cleaning the downstairs living area alone in the house, she clearly heard someone tell her to "Get Out". So, she got out. Like the rest of us, she's seen too many movies to know what happens to people who don't 'get out' when a disembodied voice tells you to.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:24 pm

heh heh a little late coming into this conversation, but here are my stories:

My best friend's dad hung himself in their barn when we were little. A few years later I rode my bike up there and swore I saw a white face in the window screaming, hands on his cheeks, like that painting with the twisted scream. I got freaked out, jumped on my bike (at this point I should mention this was on a big hill) and went sailing down. I forgot that my bike did not have brakes :oops: So I was sailing down, and knew I had to jump off because there is a main road which is perpendicular to it. So I jumped off, and my bike was still going straight toward the road, when suddenly it veered very sharply to the left and into the bushes. Then, a car came whizzing by on the main road right when my bike would have hit it.

Also when my sister's cat died I saw him on the lawn. That was a very surreal experience. I was very, very, very young then.

And when our beloved dog Jake died, I was already into Shamanism and all this great stuff. She said she would give me a sign when she wanted to be put down. No sign came. She passed away in my mom's arms while I was out. It was how she wanted to die. I got some more messages from her, some to tell my mom (greatly appreciated she felt so terrible before), and kept hearing her claws clinking on the floor clear as a bell. She stuck around for about a week and then went to where she needs to go.

There are also spirits around our house that I see out of the corner of my eye, sometimes straight on. Just spirits, not sure about the dead or faeries. There are some (or one) that is not too nice, by that I mean trying to freak people out, like my boyfriend. O_O It sometimes creeps me out if I am moving to my room in the dark but I put up defenses. Have smudged the house lots but it won't leave. Things downstairs freak my sister out, and before I smudged the first time something followed me from down there. So it's not limited to rooms or levels, ha ha.

Anyway those are some of my experiences ^__^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG