have you ever seen ghosts?

Keep it clean, the kids are invited to sit around the campfire.

have you seen ghosts

yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes: 56

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: have you ever seen ghosts?

Post by Kitsune » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:29 pm

If I can find it, I've taken a pic of a ghost cat before...

I won't be able to look for it today though.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:07 pm

Kitsune wrote:If I can find it, I've taken a pic of a ghost cat before...
OK here's the strange part. The physical, down-to-earth (and too earthy) side of me screams, "ACK! Creepy!" while the otherworldly side of me (the one that removes spirits and spiritual parasites) is intrigued and says, "Fascinating."

Does anyone else seem to have this split approach to this? I'm finding myself the last few weeks back in my childhood where I'd run to the lightswitch to turn it on. I deal with spirits all the time!! What on earth is up with this?

(Hmm. On further thinking, it IS the dark half of the year, coming on Samhain, and I have been digging deep in the soul as of late. Oooooo this should be interesting to discover the source!)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:11 pm

I always start feeling tired and start desperately craving things that I don't usually (cakes with icing for starters). Usually I'll just get grumpy until just before Samhain when I suddenly realize, "Oh yeah, that's right! It's the dark time of the year now" and immediately go and find my candles, and start them burning.

I'm not sure why (physically) the candle light soothes my soul so much, but it does...

As for your other question Crazy, no, I've never felt a "creepy" vibe from spirits. Unless they mean me ill. Then it can be creepy, but for the vast majority I speak to, they're just happy to find a medium who's willing and able to speak with them again.

Actual ghosts have never spoken to me though, so it could just be that I don't have any real experience with them.

Just spirits though, I can deal with anytime! \:D/
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Green
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Green » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:53 pm

Kitsune, I would love to see the picture of the ghost cat. My wife and I share our home with three cats. one is fuzzy and black like this cat backoff: He's a big soft loving cat, a real kindred soul. It's his goal in life to make friends with everyone. Cats are great.

Crazy Healer Lady, I don't generally feel the creeps when I hear footsteps and nobody else is in the house, or doors opening and closing, or other encounters with those who have passed on. It does kind of get the blood pumping though. Generally, I only feel "the creeps" if I feel that they mean me harm, or if they are otherwise malicious. Only that one seems to be enjoying causing me trouble. All the others I've met seem to enjoy some new company.

Kitsune, are you able to hear them?
I can generally feel them and see them. but I have a hard time hearing them.
I love Nature and so as a reminder to myself...

"You must become the change you wish to see."
Ghandi

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:16 pm

Green, first of all, I love you avatar. Pinky all the way.

Also, you'll probably discover you're senses regarding the otherworlds will heighten as you progress along your path.

Since responding in this topic, I've actually worked through the creeps. One by one they got to come, and then leave again. Actually very intense. They wouldn't leave me alone, my defenses were down, and my guides were up for me getting a good spiritual workout. :P

I wonder how to translate this for kids. My creeps were caused by wounding and healed through something no one should do without full control of their energy. How would you tell a child to deal with being creeped out at imaginary spirits in the night, and how about real ones?
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:56 am

I can get creeped out easily if I am home alone and it as night, in the middle of the day I have no problem.

I miss the ghost at my old house though, he or she seemed helpful, I have not sensed anything since I moved to my new place, despite being in one of the oldest parts of town.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Green wrote:Kitsune, are you able to hear them?
I can generally feel them and see them. but I have a hard time hearing them.
Yep, quite easily too, although my most receptive mood is almost asleep with incense burning. :lol:

But when I'm in that state (or am able to get into that state), I'm able to hear them quite clearly... although if I'm really tired, my mind tends to start falling towards sleep, so I have a very tendancy to forget things unless they were important (or really interesting). :oops:

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:31 am

I actually don't see spirits normally. When I was a child, I could. When a spirit is particularly strong, I can sometimes catch glimpses of them.

My ability is to hear them. And feel their energy, so I can direct those in my circle to them better. Sister-in-spirit Lluna calls me our scout. LOL.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:50 am

That's really neat, Kystar! And I love the new avatar. It's funny that your avatar makes the perfect visual for your sentence: "Sister-in-spirit Lluna calls me our scout. LOL." Those with Owl as an ally are definitely known for clairaudience! ;)
Crazy Healer Lady